How fast will the thing go?

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby Hawk » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:23 am

160 and still bucket loads left, I left a cbr600 at 150mph for dead.

Its true about the road vs speed thing, as soon as you look at the speedo your arse drops right out and you slow down.

Done on an airfield somewhere in essex.
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby bov » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:28 pm

.........Blue roooooles.....!
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Chuff » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:46 pm

:P i know but picked up first xx on a very icy day :( but still had to play ...(helps having a big airfield officer, 70 on the roads honest !!!!) saw 163 and then realised it wasn't a farmer sH~te spreading but me.............wot a toy ! 8)
Chuff

Postby numb bits » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:48 pm

I knew someone else would see the light and buy the original best colour,dependant on your speed reflects what colour you see as you would like to call it pink it must of been going too bloody quick for you to focus on :bigshock) :getthis) aint that right Birdcrazy..
numb bits

Postby space invader » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:32 am

Did anyone else do what I did, and jump off a fairly torquey thing like a TDM 850, get on an xx any think they knew how to ride it........?

2 hours after I bought it I drove 100 miles on Dual carraigeway, never above legal, down to Edinburgh, where some bitch, sorry, I mean lady friend, begged me for a run.....

No bastid in the shop told me what happens at 4500 RPM....

Drizzly rain............ EDZ bypass...... Intent on giving it BIG Handfull trying to impress, right, here we go off the roundabout.......

In second........ Listening to the engine, 'cos I don't do speedos, they take your eye off the road.....!

RRRRRrrrrrrmmmm
CHANGE,
RRRRRmmmm
pause...... (it's got a little flat spot!)
RRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHOLY FUCKINJEEEEEZUZZZZZ Back end was snaking like Kylie in that video with the gold shorts... I managed to get it back straight and continued for the next mile, breathing like Michael Jackson on a Cubs outing.....

Her reply as we slowed for the next roundabout.....?

"That was fun.... make it shimmy again........."

I dropped her off, drove home, and never called her again...

TSI

PS

When my wifes brother got a shot of the bike the day after he passed his test he was told 4 things........
1) It's damp......
2) This is unlike anything you have ridden before....
3) DO NOT TAKE IT ABOVE 4000 RPM IN THE FIRST THREE GEARS IN THIS WEATHER
4) Break it you buy it......

He ignored one...... Guess which one......

And came back 2 minutes later white as a ghost, puked, and has refused to get on it since......

Thinks it is a death trap!!! "More snakes than Medusa........"

This from a man who two years later drives an unfaired 1200 Bandit.......

:D
space invader
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Simon S » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:44 am

I know what it's like too come off a less powerfull bike and jump onto somit will a fook more go in it.
The previous bike i owned was a 600 Fazer which has very similar power delivery as the xx .The only trouble is the xx is about 50% up on power :) One of my overtaking procedures was carried out in Fazer fashion, 2nd gear wait.......... and nail the bastid :-)
Within half the time i'd expected i found my self grabbing a load of brake to slow my self down again :P .
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chuff » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:32 pm

with both space invader and simon on the small bike to big bike........... :P ...

having now been the proud owner of my xx for the past FIVE, yes all of five weeks i had discovered that winter is n ot the time to buy a new toy :roll) :banghead) (did the same with my blade 2 years ago....some people never learn !)

i have now discovered the joy of the higher end of the xx 's rev range and following the replacement of some old, hardened avons got a bit over confident on the new scrubbed diablos ..luckly she snaked softly enough me to catch ( well i am a fat git !) but it did enlighten me i had made the right choice in a bird...still 750 miles in the last five weeks has left her v.v.v dirty and me awaiting dry weather.......and some very disgruntled sports bike riders who couldn't keep up on there twitchy pocket rockets in the wet ! :mrgreen:
Chuff

Previous

Return to The Whippit Inn