Touring in Europe

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Touring in Europe

Postby blainaboy » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:43 pm

I'm interested in touring the UK, Spain, France and Germany. I'd like to ship my Bird from Calgary, Alberta, Canada to London. Plan is to tour a bit in the UK then Ferry??? or Train??? Bird over to the continent. Any comments or suggestions (remember this is the X-mas season - no cheap comments about Canucks not wanted) Merry X-mas all.
blainaboy
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Whoa

Postby Deano » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:05 pm

Great idea bud. I am just popping in to have a look around. I WILL get back to you on this with GOOD info for you. Check back soon.
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Well, if you do get over.......

Postby Rolfy Dave » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:45 pm

pop up and see us... We live in the Midlands, and have access to some of the best roads in the midlands & Wales on our dorrsteps... You and who ever you come with are welcome to bed down at our place as long as you want/need to...

Give us a shout on email or PM when you have made your decisions..

Always welcome,

Rolfy & Jan
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Hawk » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:09 am

I'm planning a trip this year (2004) to the South of France with about 7 other bikes. We are going via EuroStar because its quicker than a ferry boat (not cheaper) then riding down on the peage until we're knackered and stay the night in formula 1's. Then its off down the Route Napolean to the Gorge du Verdon where we have a very large villa waiting for us.

EASY PEASY.

If you want to tag along on the downward journey, or part of it, you're more than welcome but you cannot stay at the villa, there's lots of places that are motorbike friendly out there so you'll find a place easy.
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:53 pm

What kind of a fookin half hearted offer is that then :? It's like saying you can come to the party but don't have any fun :roll) I don't know - you fookin suvnas :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby XXAndy » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:38 pm

Better idea....keep you baby across there and hire a blacky across hear (around £70 Sterling per day). If you consider that you are probably going to have to shell out for new rubber, a service and chain & sprockets on yours after the trip, its well worth it financially. And if, heaven forbid, you have an 'off', the bikes not yours so stuff it.
XXAndy

Postby Hawk » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:02 am

TAZ, I know its a bit of a naff offer, but its better than saying nought.

There's no room for them to stay at the villa, unless they wanna kip in the fridge/bath???

I just thought it may help, having a XX rider from Great Britain going over the water to France, exactly where they were going.

Come to think of it, why don't you volunteer to help them mate? :mrgreen:
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:33 pm

I would if someone would offer to pay my chunnel fare and the fuel and some new tyres and some new sprockets and chain and brake pads and a 16k service and food money and spending money :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Hawk » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:28 am

I guess thats a no then mate?
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:42 pm

It's more of a 'I would if I wasn't so fookin skint' :( Don't forget, I've only been back in work for 9 months following 16 months out of work, and income is still around £30k per year lower than before - still got the xx though :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Hawk » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:09 pm

:D only £30k down I can see your problem, you must be really struggling you poor thing. :bigcry:

Foookin £30k, £30k fookin never had that in me life, you poooor love. :?
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:48 pm

:stupid)

Can't miss it if you never had it in the first place...
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Rolfy Dave » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:36 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote:It's more of a 'I would if I wasn't so fookin skint' income is still around £30k per year lower than before

Fookin 30k ????? I work 27 hours a day... 9 days a week, and I dont get that...

Its no wonder we live in a paper bag in a septic tank...lol (remember Monty Python ??)

How the hell do you manage to afford to eat ???

Or are you still livin off the left over pie n peas from last years run (Bought as a job lot) ???

Must remember to ask ya for a loaner when I get laid off in March mate. rofl...

Best wishes,

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Marxx » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:13 am

Fook me Taz :banghead) What the hell do you do for a livin????
I work all the hours i can and just about get £30k.
How do you cope :wink)
It's not the speed that kill's it's the sudden stop!!
Marxx
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Hawk » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:34 am

B.A.

You are right, its like always wanting a top of the range M.V. Augusta innit. but never getting one. You can only imagine what it must be like, then hearing somebody complaining about having one.

Sort of.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:56 pm

You don't notice it when you have it, but you bloody well do when you lose it :bigcry:

I work for the local Council now, so money is crap, but I only have to travel 18 miles to work, and I can go on the bike, and I can get time off whenever I want it (within reason), and there's no fookin stress :D Believe me folks, if yer earnign £50k per annum, the stress factor is enormous :bigshock)

No use coming to me for a loaner Rolfy - but I'll help you spend some of your redundancy pay if ya want :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:07 pm

Yes i can see how it might be stressful to try and spend 50k per year... :banghead)
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby blainaboy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:20 am

Hey. Thank you all for advice, offers and an insight to the abuse I should be planning on. Great idea to rent a Bird over there, however that would be like renting a "wife" instead of bringing my own. mmmmm , no on second thought too expensive (already lost half, don't want to go down that road again). Seriously, I enjoy the mods and the ride of my own Bird and I think shipping to the UK although costly is the way I want to go. When it gets closer to travelling time I'll connect again and see what new ideas you all might share. Thank you again (aren't Canadians the most polite)
blainaboy
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:11 am

They certainly are, and when you have done the tour you can post on here and tell us all 'aboot' it :D
XXAndy

Return to The Whippit Inn