First blast of 2004

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

First blast of 2004

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:10 pm

I was really up for going for a jaunt yesterday, but Rosie insisted that I stay in bed :hump) her and letting her give me yet another New Years :blowme) so I never got out on the xx :bigcry: :mrgreen: :D :) :P

So today, I decided to take my new Oxford Tail Pack out for a test ride to Tesco and boy was it fun 8) A bit on the nippy side, especially as darkness fell, but I loved it :mrgreen: the tail pack passed it's test and comfortably managed to follow me all the way home even with good triple figures on the dash (TEMPERATURE GAUGE officer :mrgreen: ) - well, the xx is a hot little mutha eh :D Comfortably managed to carry 6 pints of milk, one bottle of wine, a bottle of fabric conditioner, and a loaf of bread :wink) But I'm not too sure about the underseat fastening on the tail pack - it's a bit awkward to get off when the bag's full :?

A bit slippy and slidey after the fookin gritter had been out though - I knew I should have gone earlier :roll) Almost managed to get twatted in 3 separate incidents with fookwitted car drivers who don't seem to understand that a bike has great difficulty braking or getting around stupid fookin obstacles that suddenly decide to pull onto roundabouts without having right of way or fookin eyesight :roll) when the rider is already leaning over to get round the fookin thing when it's already slippy :banghead) :banghead) :banghead) Twats :roll)

Still loved it though - just need to bloody well clean it again now :(
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Simon S » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:37 pm

It's ok for you lot!
Got home this afternoon fo find the window people who are doing the fooking double glazing have put scafold in front of the fooking garage were my baby :thumbsdown) is :( :banghead) :bigcry: :wtf:
I managed to drag my Dr out from under the garage door that goes up about 2 foot before it hits a pole, but i don't think i can do that with the xx :P .
I might pull the crap down in the night and blame it on high winds or a robin.
Twats :banghead)
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

eye eye

Postby Deano » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:27 am

Taz matey,

Ladybird and I have used Oxford Tail-packs for years now and we secure 'em by using the integral bungies hooked together and pull 'em around the four anchor pegs at the rear. The Tail-packs side flaps protect the bike from the hooked together bungies and we also use a cargo-net to cover it as it is a bit floppy when not full.

If ya don't get what I'm on about let me know and I will post some pic's for ya.
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:49 pm

I wouldn't have bought one if I hadn't seen you and Mandy with one on :D sign up for your commission from Oxford :mrgreen: . I know you use a cargo net cuz I seen it once - I was going to buy one anyway when I get round to it. I use the four bungees under the flaps in the bottom, and there's four more loose independant ones inside but I didn't need to use them and they would probably make it a bit floppy anyway - and floppy ain't my style :mrgreen: I just followed the instructions in the manual, and it said to fasten the velcro strap under the seat - which is fine when the bag is empty, but not so fine when it's full :banghead)

I'll have a look see next time we meet up and you have yours with you - thanks dude :thumbsup)
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn