Bye bye Trumpet.....

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Bye bye Trumpet.....

Postby XXAndy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:12 pm

Well, had to hand back the Trumpet yesterday as it needed servicing/tyres/chain & sprocket/brakes etc. etc. (you should have seen the look on the guys face when I handed it over :wtf: ), he very kindly gave me a vfr800 in its place and I have to say..................................
"give me back the Trumpet"
Im not impressed with the vfr at all, you have to thrash the bolloxx of it to get it to move, the trumpet had waaaaaaay more grunt and torque.
Ah well, at least its a Honda.
As some of you already know, my insurance nightmare is continuing, with my insurance arguing about paying anything out as I didnt 'declare' all my 'modifications' (seat, riseres etc???) and the 3rd parties insurance, after 2 & half months have just decided to deny liability 2guns
So, for the time being, it looks as though Im going to put my baby back on the road (woohoo) and let the lawyers sort it out.
Last edited by XXAndy on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXAndy

Postby swamp donkey » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:17 pm

:roll: bet your be glad when all this is over Andy, with luck you'll be back on the XX soon :thumbsup:
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Gizzit » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:32 pm

Assuming the insurance does decide to pay out etc (which I sincerely hope they do) and they calculate it as a 'value' right off, will they still insist on crushing your bike, even though it will be perfectly sound :?:

It is utter madness if you ask me. There was an article in one of the bike mags recently which was discussing the effect of non declared add-ons, and one insurance spokesperson said that if it could be proved that the accessory had no effect on the 'incident' that the insurance company would have to pay out. How the fook can a seat and risers effect a bike anyhow. OK, they could argue that they would not pay out for the value of the accessories in addition to the value of the bike, but to weasel out of paying at all is bollox.
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:54 pm

I had the same problem 20 something years ago when I had a Honda 350 twin. I put bigger handlebars on so I could reach the fookin things, it improved handling tremendously, then when it was parked outside my house one day, a fookin coal wagon skidded in the rain and wrote the fooker off. My insurance company very kindly wrote me a letter advising me that the handlebars were of a non-standard type and that my insurance was therefore void. I didn't really give a flying fart to be honest cuz the coalies insurance was paying - but what a twat of a thing to come out with. WTF do we bother. It would be cheaper to get the fines, get the points, repair the bike if ya drop it - and still have money left to buy a few beers
TazCBR1100XX

Postby XXAndy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:58 pm

Yes , its a complecated one this. My arguement is that I want to claim from the 3rd parties insurance but because, whn I reported the accident to my insurance co, they said "not to worry sir, as you are fully comp, we'll deal with everything on your behalf", which basically means that I claim off my insurance, (& loose my ncd) and they then try to recover from the 3rd party. The problem I now have is, because my insurance co. have taken so long to sort this out (over 2 & half months & £4k in hire bike charges), the 3rd party are shouting wtf and are kicking up a stink about 'delays'. Now my insurance could pay me out, say £5k for my bike, but the 3rd part may say, 'no - we would only pay £4k and we're only paying half the hire bike'. Now, that wouldnt cost me anything, but, because my insurance haven't been able to recover 100%, I would still loose my ncd which would basically mean that I wouldnt be able to insure anything above a scooter :shock:
I am sticking to my guns and talking it over with the solicitor who is dealing with the non recoverable costs and injuries.
Good news is, I am probably going to put mine back on the road anyway as one of my 'disputes' is that they have written her off for what was, in my opinion, only cosmetic damage-easily sorted.

On a lighter note, I went to Squires for my lunch on the vfr and the f**ker wouldnt start, so I had to get a push start in front of the couple of hundred bikers that were there. Dont think anyone recognised me - I hope. :oops:
Last edited by XXAndy on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXAndy

Postby Demontat » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:01 pm

lol :headbang: lol

It can only get better from here Andy :D
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby swamp donkey » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:04 pm

Andy you aint having the best of luck with the hire bikes :roll:
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:07 pm

No I'm not. I'm phoning the F*****s up tomorow to come and colect the vfr, I'll use the car for the next week or so. :twisted:
Last edited by XXAndy on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXAndy

Postby swamp donkey » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:15 pm

Andy i've just spoken to Drew bout those cans he's going send them to you :thumbsup:
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Shuggie » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:09 pm

Andy you weren't the one at squires being pushed downhill by a guy in shorts and shades were you :?:
If you were I'm sorry i missed you mate.
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:27 am

Yep, that was me on a black Gullible shallow twats, (dont know who the guy was that gave me a push, I tried and failed to start it by rolling down the hill and this kind chap jumped up and gave me a push - top bloke). I only saw 1 bb there, a blue one, came in with a guy on a yellow duck, I think.
Last edited by XXAndy on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXAndy

Postby Shuggie » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:19 pm

I was on a blue bird Andy, but I don't recall a 'dickati'. :roll:

As I said sorry I missed you, I'll keep a look out for someone needing a push next time. :) :)

Glad you liked the Trophy, I had a 900 before the bird but unfortunately I needed help with that on a couple of occassions. I knew the life story of the recovery driver by the time I'd finished. :thumbsdown:

Hope you get sorted soon mate :thumbsup:
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn