FFS another "TAX"

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

FFS another "TAX"

Postby bezzer » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:36 am

And the latest idea is....

Speeders Face Levy to Help Crime Victims

MOTORISTS should pay a £5 surcharge on speeding tickets to help raise extra cash for crime victims, Home Secretary David Blunkett has said.

The levy was suggested as part of a major shake-up of the way the Government funds victim support services.

Responsibility for paying criminal injuries compensation to people attacked while at work - including police, health workers and teachers - should be transferred to employers, said a consultation paper.

The existing Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme - which currently pays out £160 million a year - should also stop giving awards to train drivers who have suffered trauma from seeing someone commit suicide by jumping in front of their train, it said.

Under the proposals speeding tickets would go up by £5 to help pay for a new Victims Fund.

More serious motoring offences such as uninsured driving and failure to give driver's details to police would carry a £10 surcharge. Parking fines would be exempt from the new levy.

Other on-the-spot fines, such as being drunk in public or making a hoax 999 call, would also carry the extra charge.

Criminals would also have to pay out - with a suggested £30 surcharge handed to every new prison inmate and everyone ordered to do a community service order - provided the sentencing judge agreed.

Offenders handed a fine would also have to pay extra to the fund - with the consultation paper suggesting levies of £15 to £30 depending on the level of the fine.

All the money raised by the surcharges would go towards setting up schemes to help victims rather than being paid direct to individuals.

Mr Blunkett said: "The effect of crime on the lives of its victims can be devastating.

"A lump sum of compensation alone does not repair this damage, and the current scheme does not enable us to provide the wide range of support needed.

"A victims fund will put more money into services such as practical support, information and advice to victims of rape and sexual offences, road traffic accident victims and those who have been bereaved as a result of crime."

FFS won't they ever give up :banghead)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:31 am

Fookin outragous Labour fookin stealth taxing bastids. I aint fookin voting for these bastids next time round :pissed)
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:45 am

As Speeding is such a SERIOUS crime here in the UK, those who are caught above the legal limit must now pay for the damage caused by those committing the less serious crimes of BURGLARY, ASSAULT, MURDER, DRUG DEALING, etc. etc. etc. I've got a better idea for funding the victims of crime - take it out of the fookin MPs extortionate wages - robbin bastids :roll) :banghead) I suppose it would be too much to ask that the ones who commit the crimes are actually made to PAY for the damage/distress they caused :banghead) Fookwits :evil)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:03 pm

why not just charge each parent £10,000 for each child at birth, that should cover any unforseen taxes they still haven't come up with yet.
Or we could just introduce communism and just live on govt.handouts instead... Fookin Thieving Bastids
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chuff » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:46 pm

stuff taxing kids..i got five of the bloody things......( 4 step b4 taz says owt ) .... and you can't even sell 'em on ebay ........... :D
Chuff

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:13 pm

chuff wrote:stuff taxing kids..i got five of the bloody things

Hmm wonder if any of them is mine - be a gent and ask yer Mrs will ya :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Chuff » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 pm

.... doubt it taz, the smallest whos 8 is over 4ft tall so theres no chance there owt to do with u :getthis)
Chuff

Postby Shrek » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:47 pm

lol :stupid)
Shrek

Postby birdcrazy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:53 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: lol@CHUFF
and then there is THE BLACKBIRD
birdcrazy
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: FFS another "TAX"

Postby Bristle Hound » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:27 pm

bezzer wrote:FFS won't they ever give up :banghead)

Nope :roll)
No sympathy for any1 who voted for the twats :thumbsdown)
(Not getting into politics of course :rolleyes: But if any1's offended by my remark - TOUGH FOOKIN' SHIT! )
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn