honda x11 and bird

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

honda x11 and bird

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:47 pm

hi its me honda x11 as same lump as bird detuned what do you think of x11 its all i can get at the mo :bigcry: taz dont take pissssssssssss lol
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Chuff » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:57 pm

honda at its heart........wot i went to buy but ended up with a bird....and most importantly is 2 wheels and you back on 'em................ 8)
Chuff

Postby Gizzit » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:29 pm

Worth hanging on for a 'Bird if you can George. The X11 is a fine, if ugly, motorcycle but you will suffer on long journeys due to the lack of fairing. S'up to you M8, but I know what I would do (cos I did it :mrgreen: )

There are LOADS of Birds around at the moment though George, you just need to know where to look. There are even some on ebay at the moment. Perhaps some of the guys local to you could point you in the right direction. Whats your budget dude?
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bezzer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:04 pm

I thought you had an X11 last year George, before you crashed it :roll) . No use having another one if you didn't like it enough to replace then, what's changed now??. Don't get a bike for the sake of it, if you can't afford what you really want at the moment get a cheap and nasty runaround e.g. Suzuki or Kawasaki then wait until you can get what you really want.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:12 pm

:stupid)

The lads right George - and you KNOW it - wait til ya can get around a bit more and buy a fookin Bird - there's loads around dude :)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:05 am

I agree... If the Birds the bike for you, then she's worth waiting for ... Don't settle for second best .(like Andy did :twisted) Sorry M8 but you were wide open for that one once again...)
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Hawk » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:57 am

Don't you dare go rushing into buying an X11 just coz you're bored and want to look at a bike.

Remember why you chose a Bird, and be honest to yourself, which bike did you prefer, which bike honestly did you prefer?

I'm sure when you come away with us next year and kip on the settee you'll appreciate your choice.

By the way, the X11 is foooookin hoogly 8)
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:03 am

Hawk wrote:Don't you dare go rushing into buying an X11 just coz you're bored and want to look at a bike.

Remember why you chose a Bird, and be honest to yourself, which bike did you prefer, which bike honestly did you prefer?

I'm sure when you come away with us next year and kip on the settee you'll appreciate your choice.

By the way, the X11 is foooookin hoogly 8)
... But still not as revolting as the camel :D
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

hondax11 and bird

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:18 am

Thanks for your replys but i need money to get house thats why iam getting x11 its two wheels any way in it....
and made by honda ... 8)
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: hondax11 and bird

Postby BirdAddict » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:07 pm

GEORGE DOORS wrote:Thanks for your replys but i need money to get house thats why iam getting x11 its two wheels any way in it....
and made by honda ... 8)

Yes Darren, "it is two wheels"... but are they the wheels you really want ?
We will be happy for you no matter what you buy (execept busa) just so long as you are happy with that choice. No one is telling you what to buy but as you know there are always bikes comming up for sale and if the bike you want is not around for the moment or at the price you can afford, you just need to wait until one comes along... PATIENCE good things come to those who wait.
If however you go for the x-11, or any other bike, do it because it's the one that floats your boat, you'll never be discluded from your friends here and any get togethers the club has just because you dont have a Bird.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: hondax11 and bird

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:12 pm

GEORGE DOORS wrote:Thanks for your replys but i need money to get house thats why iam getting x11 its two wheels any way in it....
and made by honda ... 8)

So is a fookin Honda C50 :banghead) Buy a fookin Bird :roll)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Gizzit » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:15 pm

George, you can get really good 'birds for around three grand or even less If you don't mind a repaired cat D write off (cosmetic only) you could get a stonker for around 2.5K for a 96/97 or 3.5k for a much later Fi model (I have seen a couple of immaculate examples, you would never know they had been dropped!).

Its up to you mate, but just remember why you bought your old 'bird in the first place. Far be it fom me to lecture you on your choice, I just happen to know from bitter expeience how much it ends up costing if you settle for the wrong bike :?

I settled for a Triumph a few years ago, couldn't live with it, sold it and bought a BLACKbird. Lost a packet in doing so :banghead)

The main thing is now I have got the bike I am truly happy with. If you could say the same thing with the X11, then I am sure we will all be very happy for you. If not, just wait a bit longer. The weather is poo at the moment anyway :mrgreen:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BirdAddict » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:00 pm

Darren my brother may have someting that'll interest you pm him for more details@ Birdcrazy
:D
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby birdcrazy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:38 pm

George
I think i may have found u xx She is the same as mine 1998,candy red,carb model.She is on R reg,has done 20k but is in great condition.Totally standard,with hugger,BUT YOU NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME TOMORROW FRIDAY 16TH as the owner goes to Australia Sat urday .So mail me here or even PM me so i can give u my number tonite .We need to get in touch with this guy tomorrow morning .I know where he lives; Burgess Hill ,West Sussex of the A 23 .HE WANTS £2500.00 ,BUT I MIGHT GET HIM TO DROP IT FOR YOU ANOTHER 100-150 QUID.GET IN TOUCH DUDE.
and then there is THE BLACKBIRD
birdcrazy
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:27 am

birdcrazy wrote:BUT I MIGHT GET HIM TO DROP IT FOR YOU ANOTHER 100-150 QUID.GET IN TOUCH DUDE.

That'll be cos its Pink then :D :D
XXAndy

Postby BirdAddict » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:43 am

Yeah but a PINKbird is still mucho better than a camel, besides you can always paint it if you wished ... the only upgrade that could make a busa better would be the crusher.. :twisted)
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BirdAddict » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:30 pm

UPDATE:

Please note that that bird has flown the nest, Sorry but at that price it wasn't going to be there to long.

Don't worry I'm sure there will be others again soon
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:07 pm

lody wrote:....buying a x11 is like changing your bird for a eyeabuser lol

gets my vote then :D
XXAndy

not a looker

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:03 pm

its not a looker but its two 8) wheels and if iam going for house i need something with cheap insurance its the x11 for a bit ok big thanks for your replys any way
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Hawk » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:10 pm

Get lost X11 rider.. 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

x11 rider

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:41 pm

:bigcry: :bigcry: :banghead) :banghead) 8) 8) 8) :) :) :-) :chainsaw) :getthis) only joking the best thing is iam coming back to essex
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: x11 rider

Postby Bristle Hound » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:29 pm

GEORGE DOORS wrote:the best thing is iam coming back to essex

Best for who ? :? lol
Can't manage a northern winter then Darren ! :roll) :jester)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:53 pm

winter hound very lol yes i can but ive got to go were the dosh is i will keep in touch mate 8)
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Next

Return to The Whippit Inn