HAS ANYBODY EVER FITTED DYNOJETS

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

HAS ANYBODY EVER FITTED DYNOJETS

Postby Hawk » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:17 am

If they have could they tell me , oops sorry no, could they tell B.A. how to do it please, coz He'll be doing them whilst putting on the Scottoiler. :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-) :)

Is this kind of job best sent to a proper mechanic and is there a need for a rolling road or carb balance machine type thingy??

Thanks in advance.
8)
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby numb bits » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:53 am

Hmmm, yes would be the answer the carbs would need to be balanced they can do this on a rolling road,to get the best from your engine you dont want it running too lean as you would eventually have lot's off probs,it's not just a matter of sticking them in and putting on your cans unfortunatley.. :banghead)
numb bits

kit

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:43 am

take it to that place in southend kim they are very good better then doing it your self xx
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Hawk » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:43 pm

George, you mean better than you or B.A. can LOL. :roll)
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:30 pm

thats the dyno kit mate you will need rolling road i was told 8) and i carnt do it lol
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:07 pm

George - at this moment in time you can't do much of a rolling xx either :roll) :D But I did try out a 2004 pie today, so you better get yerself another xx before August dude :thumbsup)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bezzer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:26 pm

Haven't you got the fitting instructions, they give the standard settings you need which is only really the needle position, if you haven't changed your cans etc there's no need for a dyno. Haven't done it myself but I have seen it done to other bikes and also on the old Two Wheels programme they showed how to fit them using a 'bird which was no problem. You don't touch the balance of the carbs when you do them, so if they were OK before they will be OK after. Though while you've got access you might as well check it if you have the balance gauges.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Hawk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:54 am

Bezzer, I got the instructions and they are quite simple to follow, EXCEPT the bit where it says drill out the slide lift hole, they supply the drill bit, but I'd have to drill a hole out on the slider, so FERK THAT. AND It also says you have to locate the fuel mixture tab and carefully turn the mixture screws clockwise until they seat, turn out 2 turns or where you find your best idle. EEEEEK :D

It all sounds easy and I prolly could do it, BUT, what if I can't. So thats why B.A. and George are gonna do it. LOL.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:31 am

George can drill and I'll do the screwing, so make sure you have a nice Essex tart there for me ok. :D
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Hawk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:10 pm

Bakewell or chelsea buns??
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:05 pm

BirdAddict wrote:George can drill and I'll do the screwing, so make sure you have a nice Essex tart there for me ok

He IS an Essex Tart :D Go for it boyz :oops) :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn