K&N Dynojet Commander

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

K&N Dynojet Commander

Postby VFR » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:15 am

Ok - I Know I am only a lowly VFR owner{ but possible potential BB owner, so no "get a better bike digs" } :roll) , but has anone actually fitted a commander to their bike - and, if so, did it actually make any difference to performance/fuel consumption?

I ask, only because I've got a mate who gets 'em cheap, swears that they are the biz, but, I don't trust him, coz he watches Pop Idol, and thinks Will Young has a "Voice"

Help me, I'm old and confused, and i don't want to potentially trade in/lose my Stanna Stairlift!! :P :mrgreen:
Bovs big brother
VFR
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Gizzit » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:52 am

As I understand it, a Power Commander will only make a reasonable difference with a full race exhaust in tow. Also, because all bikes differ very slightly, the stock mapping may not be the ideal for you own machine. To get the best out of it you would need to spend some time getting it set up to the needs of your own bike.

The best and most effective way of being guaranteed gobs of extra power is..... PX the Gullible shallow twats of a bird dude :mrgreen:

Oh, and one more thing, get a black one :rockon: :ride: :clap:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby VFR » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:53 am

:-) :-) :-)

I knew I was gonna get that "tag" on the end of any reply :mrgreen:

As an additional poscript to my original question - do Honda actaully send out remap updates to dealers on the sly for fule injected bikes like bb and VFRs - negating the need for something like the commander?
Bovs big brother
VFR
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby AnthSP1 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:21 pm

To answer that would be a NO.

The stock fueling setup is for the use of road legal cans and emmisions.
AnthSP1
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:07 pm

Why not just stop fookin about laddie - if it's more power yer want - buy a more powerful bike - and if it's better fuel economy ya want - buy a fookin diesel model :roll)

What is this world coming to :?
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn