Damn Road Debris...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Damn Road Debris...

Postby Demontat » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:31 pm

Went for a ride with 15 other Hondas on Sunday, again I was aboard the only Bird. 8) We were cruising down the perfect Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Park road, closed to commercial traffic and protected as a pristine roadway, several hundred miles in length... no billboards, no gas stations, no neon... just green countryside!! :ride)

I was third in the group as we were doing about 70 mph... normally this group is quite well at pointing out road hazards as the leaders encounter them... but not today!! :banghead) As I was fully committed to a left hand sweeping turn about three bike lengths behind the next bike I came across a large bit of debris with no time to avoid it. :bigshock) :bigcry: I felt it rattle up my front fender and deflect off the left side. Needless to say I was :pissed) since I knew it was a hard hit. At the next stop sign I asked the rider beside me if he could see any damage and he said the was a small mark on my front rim :? Ten minutes later we stopped for lunch and I had a closer look :? The small "mark" was a chip! The front fender got a few small scratches and the lower left fairing sustained four 3" deep scratches!! :banghead)

What was the debris you ask? :? A fookin TURTLE!! And I have the blood and gut splatter along my left mirror, clutch cable and glove to remind me!! :sick)

The last thing that went through the turtles mind: " Damn thats a sweet bike... I fookin wish I was a rabbit!!" :P
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:42 pm

The main thing is that you're alright and it didn't cause an off.

A few scratches will always remind you that there's still one place out there that's still how God had intended and man hasn't had the chance to F**k it up yet.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:43 pm

And here's me thinking Turtle Wax has had its day :P
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Demontat » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:13 pm

lol You also didn't know that beetles are from Japan!!! :jester)

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bov » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:55 pm

Few months ago Demon I went over something in the road. Felt the clunk, and the 'bird move, but drove on for a minute to see if the handling was affected by a tyre going down etc. Stopped at the lights for a few secs then pulled away on a slight bend. The back stepped straight out and I only just caught it. Ant degree of acceleration had the back all over the place till I got to the side of the road. Looked under and there was a fookin' great hole in the sump!
The culprit? A six inch coach bolt which the front tyre stood on it's end before it struck the sump and lifted the bike off the road!
The cost £300 all in!
Shit!! :banghead) :banghead) :banghead) :bigcry: :bigcry:
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:41 pm

Damn dude you killed the Tennessee mailman, now its never going to get here :cry)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:15 pm

Sheeit - it coulda bin Diedre Barlow :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Demontat » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:18 pm

Yo Bez...

It just occurred to me.... perhaps that wasn't turtle blood-n-guts that splattered on me?! :P

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:19 pm

Hey demon, I would think that the last thing that went through the turtles mind was your front wheel :D :D :D :sick)
XXAndy

Postby Bristle Hound » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:16 pm

Pleased your alright DT - Could have been alot worse mate !
Fookin' turtles get everywhere nowadays ! lol

Sure it wasn't 1 of these gits u squashed ? lol
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn