Trident

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Trident

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:45 pm

The laser/radar detector driving you loopy yet...???
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Beltronics Cordless Super Wide Band with Laser Detector

Postby Trident » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:39 pm

It detects everything, pelican crossings, aircraft transponders, security alarms, speed sensors or railway lines and pretty much anything you can think of and in some cases I have no idea what has set it off.

Joking aside, there are so many false alarms that it becomes a nuisance and you would end up ignoring it just when it actually signals a live speed trap or camera.

I think the best idea is to keep your eyes well and trully peeled and not ride like an idiot in the first place. If the number of false alarms could be limited it would be far more useful. I suspect it was designed for a different electromagnetic environment where the use of X band tranceivers was much more limited. In the areas where I have tried it it detects so many signals that a trip through a town even on "City Mode" results in a continuous alarm being given.

In short would I buy it - probably not, but I'll give it a test up the M1 on Wednesday where it night be less sensetive to false alarms so I might change my views after that.
Trident
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:43 pm

I did warn you... :banghead) ...I'm hoping it will be better in Portugal or it's gonna end up on e-bay again...
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:14 pm

Whilst 'blasting' through Italy 8) on my recent jaunt, my mate on his blacky had a detector and jammer which went off for no apparent reason :P while we 'were making progress' :ride) down a nice long sweeping section of sunny Italian tarmac, luckily he gave us all the 'errr slow down just in case...' sign, :twisted) which we did and low and behold, there was Italian plod with his nice new laser speed detector device, (now showing an 'error' message one presumes :banghead) ). So, imho, they are extreamly usefull when you are out of town, once into the city, turn em off. :D
XXAndy

Postby Demontat » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:17 pm

XXAndy wrote:there was Italian plod with his nice new laser speed detector device, (now showing an 'error' message one presumes :banghead) ).

Were you speeding at the time he saw you? I am looking into such a device and am very curious :?

In two days I have a four hour Driver Retraining Course due to a speeding ticket :bigcry:
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:23 pm

This one is just a detector so it wont jam their laser, so if you're speeding you're gonna get done all the same.

On that subject...Saw the plod out this morning on my way to the office with the old laser gun out...first time ever on that stretch of road so southerners beware...A13 between M25 and Dagenham..
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:24 pm

Laser Detector / Jammer

1 thinks "Attempting to pervert the course of justice" :bigcry:
Arrestable offence :bigcry:
Maximum sentence - Life imprisonment :bigcry:

Just thinking out aloud ...
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:32 am

Still think the best one yet is my mates neighbour (got a gixxer or summat crappy like that) who has a flip up number plate and he gets green lights on his dash when the plate is up and locked into position. Once he goes green - HE GOES :)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby swamp donkey » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:02 am

like the idea of those plates Taz :wink)
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:54 pm

Demon, I would never dream of breaching the law in any country which permitted me to ride their loverly roads :) . That said, when I said "making progress" I meant "f**k were we going fast" :D
The jammers are of course perverting the course of blah blah, but if you are going to "progress" at waaaaaayyyyyy over a tun, (not that I would) then I'd rather have a jammer.
XXAndy

Return to The Whippit Inn