Rare I do this...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Rare I do this...

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:24 pm

... because somebody remotely connected to motorcycling dies every day. But Massimo Tamburini, designer of the Ducati 916 and the stunning MV F4 (amongst others) has died aged 70. The post is because those two machines above others, are world respected as the epitome of magnificent beauty and simplistic function combined and have launched a good many wannabes thereafter, none of which come very close (I except the Benelli Tornado from that in the looks dept anyway. That comes within... maybe... a mile or so).

My opinion... god wants a new bike and now Soichiro's spent a few years fettling the engine, transmission and chassis for him, he really needed the only being in the universe who could design the aerodynamics, line and bodywork that could do justice to such a machine.

RIP Mr Tamburini Sir. Whatever your faults as a human being, if you had any at all, you made motorcycling as beautiful as it always has been exciting :notworthy) :notworthy)

Serious point. My absolute dream team was a bike designed and built Soichiro San's engineers with the bodywork and aerodynamics by Tambourini Sir :shock) :shock) Power, speed, natural reflexive handling, reliability and beauty to take your breath away... :bigcry: :bigcry: 90% of bike manufacturers would have gone bankrupt overnight :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Re: Rare I do this...

Postby aj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:45 pm

designer par excellence.. on a different level to most... :thumbsup)
lets hope he passed his skills and visions on.. :rockon)

regards
aj :bigcry:

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Rare I do this...

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Dunno if the chap had children, but fingers crossed that he did and we can rely on genetics for the rest :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to The Whippit Inn