Twat nav

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Re: Twat nav

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:07 pm

duncan wrote:
Tazcbr1100xx wrote:They both have the same problem - they don't get a satellite signal either in a cradle or out of one :( They both worked fine in Bulgaria. The first one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane, then the second one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane. I reckon the frigging magnetrons at the airport have goosed the buggers when security 'secured' them :banghead)

Either way, they're fcuked :roll)

turn them on ,,,,open the back up and diconnect the battery ,,,leave for a few mins and reconnect the battery,,,,,D.A.M.H.I.K.I.J.K.

Oh I'm sure he's tried that one Duncan, after the normal go at resets. I mean, every fooka and their Uncle knows to try that one...one of the basics to get you up and running on most electrical gadgets isn't it. Only a dumb fucktard wouldn't think to try that one.

:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:44 am

jono49 wrote:No a Map is far superior Marcus :thumbsup) Used by the right person!

You have NO IDEA how much I would have loved to see you lead the ride out around Wales a week ago last Satdee... with a map lol lol lol lol

The photos I would have taken... the hours of video pawing over some limp soggy plastic coated, condensation dampened paper full o' squiggly lines. It would have been... FOOKIN EPIC :notworthy) :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:46 am

Taz- before I bought the 660 I read up on the reviews here there and about the place. When you posted up about the 660, your post sounded very much like the 'Rodger' rant on Amazon. Given the suspiciously close proximity of names AND the content of the said review... well... I have a sneaky suspicion it might be you lol lol
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby jono49 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:00 am

MaXX2 wrote:
jono49 wrote:No a Map is far superior Marcus :thumbsup) Used by the right person!

You have NO IDEA how much I would have loved to see you lead the ride out around Wales a week ago last Satdee... with a map lol lol lol lol

The photos I would have taken... the hours of video pawing over some limp soggy plastic coated, condensation dampened paper full o' squiggly lines. It would have been... FOOKIN EPIC :notworthy) :mrgreen:

But I didn't need too! there was a guy up front who had the route in his head (Local knowledge :thumbsup) ) But I do lead one in the borders every year, where I have the route in my head (Local knowledge) and we haven't lost anyone yet! stop and take pics with confidence, and re-group at the next junction etc.
How did we manage before twat-nav :-?
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:26 am

MaXX2 wrote: the 'Rodger' rant on Amazon. .. I have a sneaky suspicion it might be you lol lol

yerrsss... he has been "rodgered"... lol

regards
aj :mrgreen:

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

jono49 wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:

But I didn't need too! there was a guy up front who had the route in his head (Local knowledge :thumbsup) ) But I do lead one in the borders every year, where I have the route in my head (Local knowledge) and we haven't lost anyone yet! stop and take pics with confidence, and re-group at the next junction etc.
How did we manage before twat-nav :-?

Yeah I know, I've done more than a few wet, dark miles with maps but fair's fair... most people who buy satnav, do so because they're bored of riding round and round and round home a lot. Many end up abroad and none ever care about whether the bloke at the front of the ride is leading or lost, because they already know where they are and can get wherever they want to be with a couple of button clicks :mrgreen:

How did we mange before toilet roll... How did we manage before motorbikes... how did we manage before penicillin... how did we manage without fins and gills... how did we manage with only two legs... really, who fookin cares! Sat nav pal. Because there's nothing like that feeling of finding map readers who get lost, then take them back to the rest of the ride again :mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby jono49 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Well you didn't get to do that either this time!!!! 8) Maps rule :notworthy)
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby kibo » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:37 pm

ok im prob gonna regret askin this/getting ready for abuse BUT what do you all recommend as sat nav's.......don't like em v much and have managed for last 10 years round Europe with the bare basics ( maps and a cheep atlas ) but did buy a cheep garmin 2610 ( still got it ......but its the size of a bloody brick ) and used it to find hotel/etc when I got to the town I was aiming for ...but its so out of date/old that its not worth takin just for that. so all advice/views appreciated :rockon) duh or not lol
kibo
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby barsteward » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:41 pm

Right all you posh bastids that've moved up to the 660, I won't bore you with all the detail but my 550 cradle is fooked :pullhair so if any of you have a spare (most of you posh tvats have 2 steads and 2 cradles) and seein as I've not been abusive to yer, and I've asked nicely, yer big girls fookin bloosons' I expect there to be offers a plenty to supply the said cradle :thumbsup)

Oh, and I'm prepared to pay the price of a bar end clip :D unlike some tight tvats. :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Akuji » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 pm

barsteward wrote:Right all you posh bastids that've moved up to the 660, I won't bore you with all the detail but my 550 cradle is fooked :pullhair so if any of you have a spare (most of you posh tvats have 2 steads and 2 cradles) and seein as I've not been abusive to yer, and I've asked nicely, yer big girls fookin bloosons' I expect there to be offers a plenty to supply the said cradle :thumbsup)

Oh, and I'm prepared to pay the price of a bar end clip :D unlike some tight tvats. :mrgreen:

only one you're getting is this :mrgreen:
Attachments
BabySwingCradle.jpg
BabySwingCradle.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Akuji wrote:
barsteward wrote:Right all you posh bastids that've moved up to the 660, I won't bore you with all the detail but my 550 cradle is fooked :pullhair so if any of you have a spare (most of you posh tvats have 2 steads and 2 cradles) and seein as I've not been abusive to yer, and I've asked nicely, yer big girls fookin bloosons' I expect there to be offers a plenty to supply the said cradle :thumbsup)

Fookin good job you've got 2 then innit :thumbsup) oh and there'll be plenty of room at'th foot of't cradle fer yer feet won't there :thumbsup) infact you and Twaz could both sleep in it :getthis)
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby Akuji » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:13 pm

barsteward wrote:
Akuji wrote:

Fookin good job you've got 2 then innit :thumbsup) oh and there'll be plenty of room at'th foot of't cradle fer yer feet won't there :thumbsup) infact you and Twaz could both sleep in it :getthis)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink) :wink)
Attachments
hC4901468.jpg
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Akuji wrote:
barsteward wrote:
Akuji wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink) :wink)

:D :D :D :D :D :D You flatter yourself Akoojikoo lol
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby Akuji » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Well after doing some research i can confirm the Zumo 660 is a pile of shite - it's got more bugs than tims underwear, constantly does weird things without reason, i'd stay well away. But don't take my word for it, join zumoforums.com and read for yourself, yer pays yer money etc....... :thumbsup)
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Previous

Return to The Whippit Inn