Twat nav

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Re: Twat nav

Postby Akuji » Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 pm

MaXX2 wrote:
Akuji wrote:Or the 590lm which I'll fit properly if my touratech mount ever shows up :roll)

Woooow not THE 590LM... The reeeeeally expensive one that only rich top gun biker boys can afford and..... Oh, oh oh, TOURATECH Noooooooo...Aaawwwwsome, is that the one that's really, really expensive, with a stainless steel prop bar welded underneath it for blokes that have to store their huuuuuuge penises in whilst riding to Tescos.

Maaaan if only I could be you :bigcry: :notworthy) :notworthy :mrgreen:

sorry MaxxyPad i think you best watch this then try again :mrgreen:
Attachments
Bait blu ray.jpg
Bait blu ray.jpg (46.33 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri May 30, 2014 10:53 pm

ladies, ladies perleeease !

lol lol

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bluegas » Sat May 31, 2014 6:40 pm

ramo wrote:Lover

hows the bike after the weekend,

anything left of it ? or has it turned into a pile of brown sludge,

save the sat nav for ya new bike :thumbsup)

Surely you aren't casting doubts over Kawasaki build quality, are you? Hewn from granite I tell ya :notworthy)
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Akuji » Sat May 31, 2014 9:06 pm

bluegas wrote:
ramo wrote:Lover

hows the bike after the weekend,

anything left of it ? or has it turned into a pile of brown sludge,

save the sat nav for ya new bike :thumbsup)

Surely you aren't casting doubts over Kawasaki build quality, are you? Hewn from granite I tell ya :notworthy)

A friend of mine had a brand new ZX6R about 5 years ago, the exhaust fell off after six months and he rode over it lol - threw it back at the dealer and went elsewhere :mrgreen:
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:33 pm

MaXX2 wrote:Garmin pal. ....... I'll be fitting me new 660 over the weekend if all goes to plan :thumbsup)

If you've got any sense Mick you'll send the bugger back to Garmin. I bought one, and it's useless - well, worse than useless. So I sent it back to Garmin and the bastards sent me another one :pullhair Worse still, they sent an extra one to my address in Bulgaria too :banghead) :banghead) :banghead)

Worst piece of shite that's ever been brought out. It takes you off the motorway to go up a ramp, then back down the on ramp at the same junction :P Emily has a habit of speaking only two words when giving directions, and lots more problems too. They use a different mapping system to the old Quest, and it's bloody big too.

But you don't have to take too much notice of what I say - you don't usually :D But you'll find out for yourself - buy a map instead ;)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:Garmin pal. ....... I'll be fitting me new 660 over the weekend if all goes to plan :thumbsup)

If you've got any sense Mick you'll send the bugger back to Garmin. I bought one, and it's useless - well, worse than useless. So I sent it back to Garmin and the bastards sent me another one :pullhair Worse still, they sent an extra one to my address in Bulgaria too :banghead) :banghead) :banghead)

Worst piece of shite that's ever been brought out. It takes you off the motorway to go up a ramp, then back down the on ramp at the same junction :P Emily has a habit of speaking only two words when giving directions, and lots more problems too. They use a different mapping system to the old Quest, and it's bloody big too.

But you don't have to take too much notice of what I say - you don't usually :D But you'll find out for yourself - buy a map instead ;)

No good blaming anyone else bar the fucktard of an operator. Going up and down a ramp is a basic beginners mistake and a cnut like you should know better. Got a StreetPilot if you wanna swap.

"Don't take any notice of what I say" ? You getting all precious now You haven't said fook all for yonks .

:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:39 pm

T.Murphy wrote:"Don't take any notice of what I say" ? You getting all precious now You haven't said fook all for yonks .

:mrgreen:

I've said plenty - just not to you cuntard lol

I didn't say I took any notice of the fargin thing did I? I just said that was what the bitch instructed me to do - I've always been a rebel ;)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby barsteward » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:03 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:I've always been an opinionated rebel ;)
sorted :thumbsup)

So how are you, you old scroat :-? Rosie and family ok :-? And did you ever sell that house :-?

Haven't lost any of your venom have you :D :wink) , and I 'm too old to give a fook what you think about my spellin gramur or punctufookination before you start. :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:

The reason I don't take much notice of what you say, is that you have an uncanny knack of coming up with these pearls of fookin wisdom, 24 hours after what I'm not supposed to be doing has been done :mrgreen:

Dunno what to say really, I've not used it enough to comment. I was out yesterday for a very warm 250 miles around the Lakes without a problem, but that means very little. I spoke to Jack about 3 or 4 years ago. He got one of the early ones and recommended waiting a while till Garmin sorted it out properly. Hopefully, they've done it now (fingers crossed). At least I can't fault them for the hardware. Fitted that straight to the old home made mount (which has now proudly carried the Quest, the 500 and the 660) and it wired/bluetoothed into the exosting set-up like it had always been there (which was a relief) :)

I'll keep a close eye on the routing and guidence and for now at least, put your experiences into the 'No idea what he's doing' category :wink) I've decided to hang on to the 500 for now anyway, so if I really dislike the 660 it can go :thumbsup)

Hope you, Rosie and the mob are all well and it's nice to see you posting :rockon)
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:55 am

All are well here thanks :thumbsup)

Still at the same beauty spot - decided to take it off the market some time ago :D

The 660 has some nice features I admit, but it's the mapping/routing that's the main problem. Garmin have moved away from the previous maps as you can see, and the garbage they have now really is useless. I've done something in the region of 30-40k miles since I bought it to replace my buggered Quests, so I think that qualifies me to speak with some degree of confidence on the subject :rockon) Garmin have been supplied with a LOT of information from my travels and they are presently 'looking into it' with their map providers and their own people. I'm not expecting anything soon, so it looks as though I'm going to have to buy another Quest because I hate this bastid thing with a vengence :pullhair I have ZERO confidence in it, and have taken to the trusy old method of looking at the map before I set off and making notes of where I should be heading duh

Recently on a drive up from the Stonehenge area to home, I was driving along some country roads just following the instructions, and the bitch took me round a very long route just to rejoin the road I had left half an hour earlier, but only 2 miles up the road :banghead) This was followed shortly afterwards by an instruction to turn right, so I turned right, then another instruction to turn left, so I turned left, then right, then right, then I came to a dead end. I was in a new housing estate which had probably been around for a few years at least, and the rest of the area was fields. The road I had left was the only road for miles. So I left the housing estate using the only way out - which was also the only way in - and back onto the road I was originally travelling on. So I did a manual recalculate action, and the stupid bitch told me to do a U-turn and go back round the bloody houses again :banghead)

It's never too late Mick - sell it lol
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:57 am

Don't forget - the original 660 had the same problems, and I currently have two more new 660s - so it's not an isolated issue :D If I can be arsed I'll dig out my list of issues that I sent to Garmin and post them up - but don't hold your breath :ride)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby aj » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote: -don't hold your breath :ride)

screwy kinellfire.... your still breathin then... :-? .... duh

regards
aj :mrgreen:

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby duncan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 am

should be a like button on here methinks :mrgreen:
duncan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby duncan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:51 am

still using a quest by the way
duncan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby barsteward » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:Don't forget - the original 660 had the same problems, and I currently have two more new 660s - so it's not an isolated issue :D If I can be arsed I'll dig out my list of issues that I sent to Garmin and post them up - but don't hold your breath :ride)

You can't possibly use them all at once and seeing as you hate them so much I'll take one off your hands and test it. That's at Taz price , off course :thumbsup) :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:30 pm

barsteward wrote:
Tazcbr1100xx wrote:Don't forget - the original 660 had the same problems, and I currently have two more new 660s - so it's not an isolated issue :D If I can be arsed I'll dig out my list of issues that I sent to Garmin and post them up - but don't hold your breath :ride)

You can't possibly use them all at once and seeing as you hate them so much I'll take one off your hands and test it. That's at Taz price , off course :thumbsup) :mrgreen:

...and I'll have the other one thang yew. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Hello AJ you old cnut :D One thing I like about you being on here is that it makes me feel (and look) comparitively young :notworthy)

Lezzie - fcuk off :getthis)

Duncan - I'll swap you for a Quest that doesn't work :D

The bastid Quests were working in Sofia, but seem to have lost the satellites during the flight home :oops)

Tim - you've got more chance of kissing the Pope's ring than getting owt free off me - other than another one of these :getthis)

I got round the problem of the crap 660 though - I turned the iphone on and used NavFREE lol I've got about 20 countries downloaded and it's FAR better than the very expensive Zumo 660LM ;) The only problem with the NavFREE maps is that they don't automatically switch countries, but as they work off the cellular signals, it costs NOWT - truly Taz prices :notworthy) Free to download, and free to use - try it ;) I've got it on the ipad too, but that's a bit big and tends to get in the way a bit from time to time :D
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:Hello AJ you old cnut :D One thing I like about you being on here is that it makes me feel (and look) comparitively young :notworthy)

The ba%$*#d Quests were working in Sofia, but seem to have lost the satellites during the flight home :oops)

Tim - you've got more chance of kissing the Pope's ring than getting owt free off me - other than another one of these :getthis)

I got round the problem of the crap 660 though - I turned the iphone on and used NavFREE lol I've got about 20 countries downloaded and it's FAR better than the very expensive Zumo 660LM ;) The only problem with the NavFREE maps is that they don't automatically switch countries, but as they work off the cellular signals, it costs NOWT - truly Taz prices :notworthy) Free to download, and free to use - try it ;) I've got it on the ipad too, but that's a bit big and tends to get in the way a bit from time to time :D

Fook off, ya boring me now.

You tried the Chemists? They'll have summink to dry you up and stop this verbal fookin diae diahr, diahhroe.....shite ya spouting.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby duncan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:38 am

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:Hello AJ you old cnut :D One thing I like about you being on here is that it makes me feel (and look) comparitively young :notworthy)

The ba%$*#d Quests were working in Sofia, but seem to have lost the satellites during the flight home :oops)

my quest 2 packed in coming back from assen this year ,,,had to use maps and road signs ,,,,got back to the docks over a hour and a half better than I have ever done before ,,,checked things out when I got back and it was just the cradle that was donald ducked ,,,,worth a thought
duncan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:10 pm

They both have the same problem - they don't get a satellite signal either in a cradle or out of one :( They both worked fine in Bulgaria. The first one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane, then the second one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane. I reckon the frigging magnetrons at the airport have goosed the buggers when security 'secured' them :banghead)

Either way, they're fcuked :roll)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby barsteward » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:They both have the same problem - they don't get a satellite signal either in a cradle or out of one :( They both worked fine in Bulgaria. The first one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane, then the second one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane. I reckon the frigging magnetrons at the airport have goosed the buggers when security 'secured' them :banghead)

Perhaps they just don't like flying.....ever thought about swimming back next time. :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby Akuji » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:14 am

barsteward wrote:
Tazcbr1100xx wrote:They both have the same problem - they don't get a satellite signal either in a cradle or out of one :( They both worked fine in Bulgaria. The first one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane, then the second one stopped working when I brought it back on the plane. I reckon the frigging magnetrons at the airport have goosed the buggers when security 'secured' them :banghead)

Perhaps they just don't like flying.....ever thought about swimming back next time. :mrgreen:

Or better still, don't fookin come back at all :mrgreen:
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby duncan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:41 am

turn them on ,,,,open the back up and diconnect the battery ,,,leave for a few mins and reconnect the battery,,,,,D.A.M.H.I.K.I.J.K.
duncan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby brotherinlaw » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:39 pm

What exactly is a Sat Nav? is it like a map? :sick) :evil) :evil)
brotherinlaw
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jono49 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:41 pm

No a Map is far superior Marcus :thumbsup) Used by the right person!
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Whippit Inn