Tomorrow, Saturday, 5th July 2014

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Tomorrow, Saturday, 5th July 2014

Postby barsteward » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Thought I'd better make the topic abundantly clear so that the great admin in the sky, Lord Coontybolix wouldn't have an excuse to defile it. :thumbsup)

So is anyone planning a ride out :-? Weather crap Sunday and as far as Yorkshires concerned all the decent roads between Yorkshire and Derbyshire are closed from 6.30am because of some fookin rare frogs. duh duh
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Re: Tomorrow, Saturday, 5th July 2014

Postby jono49 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Got a job on in the morning Les, but sure to go a bimble in the afternoon, probably round the Borders, as I done Yorkshire last week when it was quiet, soooo if yer can get oop here by lunch time "Yes" we have a rideout :ride) :mrgreen:

Oh forgot to mention there's been sightings of Car Transporters having a Recce round the bikers routes this week :-? I hope them coonts are out of the way? :mrgreen:
Last edited by jono49 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Saturday FFS's :roll)

me....

Morrison's @ 07.15
Butchers @ 08.45

Take daughter to railway station @ 09.30

Unpack fekkin shopping @ 10.00

Have a shite @ 10.20 cos I'll have been bubbling when I was in Morrisons

Meet a builder for a quote @ 11.00

Take t'old lady her fish 'n' chips @ 12.00

Pick up sand, stone and cement for my garage base patches @13.00.

Grass cuts and all hedges to cut from 14.00...that should take me up to 17.00 hrs

.......................... zzz zzz zzz zzz

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Message for Mr Murphy!!!!!!............"YOUR FOOKIN RETIRED YA SILLY OLD COONT.....TAKE A CHILL PILL WILL YA" :mrgreen:
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:04 am

OK, give us a meeting place and I'll see what I can do. :thumbsup)

Coontybolix, what a sad fookin life you lead. I'll post some vid footage next week of the last ride you missed out on in Wales, you'll wet yer seen the roads were empty :wink) :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby barsteward » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:06 am

barsteward wrote:OK, give us a meeting place and I'll see what I can do. :thumbsup)

Coontybolix, what a sad fookin life you lead. I'll post some vid footage next week of the last ride you missed out on in Wales, you'll wet yer sen,the roads were empty :wink) :mrgreen:

Oh, and it didn't rain :D
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby barsteward » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:39 am

Right , tyre pressure 42 front-42 rear, rain stopped, sky brightening up nicely so I'm going to take a leesurely bimble toward the boarders. First stop Deviles Bridge around 9.30 fer a sarny. Not sure what route from there but probably Shap and then Alston fer about Lunch time. Send me a text Jono no coms whilst riding :roll)

My wife can do the shopping and blow on her own fookin chips at the same time ambi, Amby, oh fook it, she's good with both hands and I'm a proper northern biker..........BOSS In me own house :wink) :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby jono49 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:44 am

Right yer on :ride)
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:19 am

barsteward wrote: My wife can do the shopping and blow on her own fookin chips at the same time ambi, Amby, oh fook it, she's good with both hands and I'm a proper northern biker..........BOSS In me own house :wink) :mrgreen:

You dense, thick as a gurkha's turd twat. "T'old lady" is NOT my wife ( I wouldn't be alive if I called her that !) T'old lady in question is my 96 year old neighbour now residing down the road in a home. She hates the snap down there and is fading away slowly , BUT she will demolish a portion of fish and chips I bring her, most fookin Saturday afternoon.

So fook you Mr barsteward. Wales was it?! Hah....not exactly up North as you'd indicated was it ya dithering cnut.

:getthis)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Absolutely stunning day Les and the weather gods played the game with us :thumbsup) and thanks for the demo on Hartside :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQR0ggA ... e=youtu.be
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:06 am

jono49 wrote:Absolutely stunning day Les and the weather gods played the game with us :thumbsup) and thanks for the demo on Hartside :notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQR0ggA ... e=youtu.be

Her could've put a sound track to it yer tight Scot's wad :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby barsteward » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:10 am

T.Murphy wrote:
barsteward wrote: My wife can do the shopping and blow on her own fookin chips at the same time ambi, Amby, oh fook it, she's good with both hands and I'm a proper northern biker..........BOSS In me own house :wink) :mrgreen:

You dense, thick as a gurkha's turd twat. "T'old lady" is NOT my wife ( I wouldn't be alive if I called her that !) T'old lady in question is my 96 year old neighbour now residing down the road in a home. She hates the snap down there and is fading away slowly , BUT she will demolish a portion of fish and chips I bring her, most fookin Saturday afternoon.

So fook you Mr barsteward. Wales was it?! Hah....not exactly up North as you'd indicated was it ya dithering cnut.

:getthis)

Tim, yer never fail me, bless yer little cotton socks :wink)
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby jono49 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Well time to do a summary of our splendid rideout last Saturday :ride) all comms were texts and calls on the Moby''s (Senapod free rideout) after looking at Les's post in the morning and using my built in Twat-nav and local knowledge :P I quickly calculated where we would meet (Eamont Bridge) 8) a quick call when I arrived and surprised he answered immediately "Where are ya Les".........I'm in a layby at Shap, I caught some fookin Hardleys up and there must be 200 of the fookers I'll set off now they should be out of me road now?
IMG_2958.JPG
Canhardley wait

Aye he was right I met the sad Bastids last year as well but I was luckily going the other way :clap: anyroad arrive he did..
IMG_2964.JPG
The man from Todmorden he say "I've Arrived"

After a quick tab he was ready for the off again, and onto hartside for Lunch :rockon) I was starving :thumbsup)
IMG_2967.JPG
Lunch at Hartside

After a lengthy lunch stop, we were off to Kielder in a one go :ride) trying to cram in as much as we could in one day :ride)
IMG_2969.JPG
Kielder at the Dam end

We took some pics at the dam end for a change, and studied the layout and how the overflow worked etc, (Just like to budding engineers would)
IMG_2975.JPG
The overflow

Then we were off to the cafe for some caffeine intake and nearlt forgot some pics!!!
IMG_2979.JPG
Who you taking a picture of eh?

Then we headed west a bit to our favourite section of road Soughtrees to Bonchester bridge :rockon) when we were half way Les had to stop and take in the views..
IMG_2980.JPG
Les's favourite bit of scenery

IMG_2981.JPG
A different angle

IMG_2983.JPG
And another bit

And I must admit these are my favourite bits in the borders :clap:
Then we pushed on to Hawick and arrived at 4.30pm leaving 1/2 an hour to study the Steve Hislop and Jimmy Guthrie rooms, and forgot to take some pics :banghead)
It was then decided that we head south and make a bit of progress for his long trip home! so we took the A7 south and with a slight de-tour due to Road closure, we deviated slightly and were back on track for Les's long haul south at Hollows mill ( find that on yer Twat-nav) we shook hands and agreed we both had a cracking day and would text when he got back.....I won't tell that big coont what happened at the pub :-? no matter how much he calls me tomorrow :mrgreen:
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:03 pm

you norrvvverners are so sad :P :P ... riding the same old same old routes time after time...ffs... gerralife... lol

retards
aj :thumbsup)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Great stuff Jono and hats off to ya Barsteward ...that was a lonnnng ride , especially for an aged rusty old twat. :clap:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:13 am

:thumbsup) Jono

Will try to add a little more tonight, ride back home was very enjoyable too, the views from the M6 in the evening sun were stunning. Who says all motorways are crap?
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby barsteward » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Well, set off about 9.00ish it had been raining up until then but the sky was just beginning to brighten up a bit, had no intentions of doing anything other than a leisurely bimble enjoying the scenery and if Jono didn't contact me at some point was just going to go up to Hartside for lunch and back. By the time I got to Cowan Bridge the sun was shining and I was ready for a fag and a brew so stopped at a small local shop/cafe and enjoyed the view.
100_0520.jpg
Whence I had come
100_0519.jpg
whence I was going
At this point Jono rang to say he was still working but was almost finished so agreed to contact one another nearer Carlisle to arrange a meet.
so oft I jolly well went. 8)
The traffic was very light through Kendal and so I had time to look at some of the town on the way through, how different it looked in the sunshine with no time table or agenda it was very pleasing, should really have stopped and taken some pictures. Anyway out towards Shap,bimbling along enjoying the scenery when fook me, me bags full jawdropping better stop somewhere.
Found this lay-by with a a bit of shrubbery
100_0524.jpg

ahh this'll do. :smile:
Just about to nip into the bushes when I heard what sounded like a train in the distance :-? waited a minute or two cos I was curious and then :shock)
100_0527.jpg

100_0530.jpg

Decided after they'd gone, better wait for a while so as not to get caught up in the parade FFS duh duh
anyways stops when I got to Shap to await Jonos call, right on time only just takin me helmet off when he rang
Some more picci's added to Jonos summary.

jono49 wrote:Well time to do a summary of our splendid rideout last Saturday :ride) all comms were texts and calls on the Moby''s (Senapod free rideout) after looking at Les's post in the morning and using my built in Twat-nav and local knowledge :P I quickly calculated where we would meet (Eamont Bridge) 8) a quick call when I arrived and surprised he answered immediately "Where are ya Les".........I'm in a layby at Shap, I caught some fookin Hardleys up and there must be 200 of the fookers I'll set off now they should be out of me road now?
The attachment IMG_2958.JPG is no longer available

Aye he was right I met the sad Bastids last year as well but I was luckily going the other way :clap: anyroad arrive he did..
The attachment IMG_2964.JPG is no longer available

After a quick tab he was ready for the off again, and onto hartside for Lunch :rockon) I was starving :thumbsup)
The attachment IMG_2967.JPG is no longer available

100_0533.jpg

100_0534.jpg

After a lengthy lunch stop, we were off to Kielder in a one go :ride) trying to cram in as much as we could in one day :ride)
The attachment IMG_2969.JPG is no longer available

100_0535.jpg

100_0537.jpg

We took some pics at the dam end for a change, and studied the layout and how the overflow worked etc, (Just like to budding engineers would)
The attachment IMG_2975.JPG is no longer available

Then we were off to the cafe for some caffeine intake and nearlt forgot some pics!!!
100_0539.jpg

The attachment IMG_2979.JPG is no longer available
100_0540.jpg

Then we headed west a bit to our favourite section of road Soughtrees to Bonchester bridge :rockon) when we were half way Les had to stop and take in the views..
The attachment IMG_2980.JPG is no longer available

The attachment IMG_2981.JPG is no longer available

The attachment IMG_2983.JPG is no longer available

And I must admit these are my favourite bits in the borders :clap:
Then we pushed on to Hawick and arrived at 4.30pm leaving 1/2 an hour to study the Steve Hislop and Jimmy Guthrie rooms, and forgot to take some pics :banghead)
Err I didn't 8)
100_0548.jpg

100_0549.jpg

100_0552.jpg

100_0553.jpg

It was then decided that we head south and make a bit of progress for his long trip home! so we took the A7 south and with a slight de-tour due to Road closure, we deviated slightly and were back on track for Les's long haul south at Hollows mill ( find that on yer Twat-nav) we shook hands and agreed we both had a cracking day and would text when he got back.....I won't tell that big coont what happened at the pub :-? no matter how much he calls me tomorrow :mrgreen:

The coont went to visit some relations because of the "slight de-tour due to Road closure"
100_0556.jpg

hhmmm think there are so similarity's between the Scots and the Welsh

Anyroad so after we parted company I headed for the M6, by now it was wall to wall sunshine and the roads were virtually empty (Praise be :notworthy) :notworthy) for world cup football :clap: :clap: ) stopped at the first services on the M6 for a piss, a coffee and a cig in that order.
Went down the M6 to Juct37 Sedburgh, and stopped to take in the view (and some smoke of course)
100_0557.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0558.jpg

I thought the day had been brilliant and now to top it all off a trip down the A65 as I have never known it, once again thank you World Cup :D
Attachments
100_0538.jpg
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby barsteward » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Video of Part of the A65 home, I have left the only bit of traffic I encountered in the clip and yes, you guessed it. It was caused by some of the returning Hardley Davison riders I encountered earlier in the day. duh duh duh :pullhair
enjoy!
http://youtu.be/_ZN9-31s090
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Return to The Whippit Inn