Has IXXRA run it's course?

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Has IXXRA run it's course?

Postby barsteward » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:05 pm

There was a time when there was at least one ride out/meet up every week during the summer, it now seems as though there's hardly half a dozen a year.
Posts on the forum are down to one or two a week.
A couple of years ago on a predictably good day like today there would have been some activity.

I'm as guilty as anyone but it seems all the major stalwarts have moved on.

What do you think??
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Re: Has IXXRA run it's course?

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:46 pm

The forums have slowly dwindled away Les and moved to facebook and the like ... The Blackbird is oldhat now as well and not the attraction it used to be and
folks moved on to newer/ different bikes and forums, Dark side is the same mate as well...

My Mrs has lost heart as well with the touring side saying this is the last time Im getting soaked etc etc... To be honest Ive had 4 pre planned bike holidays this year and all four of them have been a wash out, Budgies Wales run included and even Germany in August was underwater...Ive made my mind up to not book anything from now on and play it by ear.... Ive sorned the Bird a few days ago for the first time ever, as my enthusiasm and wallet have had a knock this year as well and we are still only 3/4s in :( Baring in mind as Autumn for Tim begins in July :roll)

Been out today tho on the single track roads in the peaks on the TDM and had a fix :rockon) spur of the moment so didnt post up on here.. think thats what the rest are doing as well nowadays mate ... Hard work to organize a run if theres more than two or three which involves an overnight-er so not getting many volunteers on that front and I think folks are just doing there own thing...
Hush Hush club are still doing it tho pal so maybe youd best join them :wink) :wink)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:58 pm

It will have done when coonts like you can't be arsed to post 'cept for once in a Blue Moon.

I visit this place as my first port of call, several times a day....and cos you fekkin wankers can't be arsed to communicate in any way I just move on. Can't even be
arsed to "talk to messen" on here as I have done in the past.

Times change Barsteward. As OB says....peeps lose interest..the Bird to a lot of peeps is Old Hat. Ride outs are more and more these days a spur of the moment thing...you yasself is as guilty of that as anyone else including me. Hush hush rides, well they're just spur of the moment things amongst peeps who keep in touch. :ride)
Rideouts are fekkin expensive. They are also a bit "run of the mill" as we've all "done" The Lakes/Dales/North and Mid Wales/The Peaks. Further afield involves time, money and fekkin Brownie Points.

Ixxra certainly isn't over for me, I'll still be here. What does disappoint me though is peeps who you've shared fekkin good riding times/banter/friendship, which has meant a lot to me and I would have hoped to them as much over the years....then they just without a by your leave, fekk off from the face of Planet IXXRA, never to be heard of again. now,m that's what fekkin saddens me.

There is a hard-core of us left but we're all too fekkin busy. So, ya set of mithering cnoots, shake yassens up.

Ya twat Oldbull. Autumn starts in mid to late August. Always has done in the real world matey. :getthis)

Again, as the moaning Old Twat says....Farcebook et al seem to be attracting the moronic type of Members which is fine by me as Quality wins over quantity everytime. All the old bike Forums are the same. Fekk me the Italian Sportsbike and Ducatisti Forum , both very popular and busy just a year or so ago, have both disappeared. Sign of the times I'm afraid. You only get out what you put in so pull ya fekkin fingers out eh!

:ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:03 pm

The Teduim owners forum is thriving well due to it being sold in big numbers and is a class bike and has a big following, and some on here have seen sense and bought one :thumbsup) then ya get the numpties who went and bought German agricultural tractors :banghead) yep the BIRDS day's are numbered, but that's no reason for the demise of Ixxra it can still be used as a meeting place for like minded peeps, and organise :ride) now and then..........So let's get crackin :thumbsup) who's up for a late Borders run 8)
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby daveb » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Borders run Jono we're gunna need our passports lol
daveb
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby aj » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 am

put 3 or 4 ride ups this year and not a single taker from up norrffff.. :rolleyes:

should i bother anymore???? when i know none of you will venture south....ever.... :roll)

so.... i'm off to spain on the 23rd... and treepithed is on his way to the alps this week....
have we advertised it???... fek as like...wast of time... :P

now we ride south, east, and west with chris and or phil...no.. phil won't join here... :roll)
norvvern banter isn't for him... tooo aggressive he says jawdropping

out on tuesday.... anyone coming...???? course not.... lol

regards
aj :rockon)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby aj » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:22 am

jono49 wrote:The Teduim owners forum is thriving well due to it being sold in big numbers and is a class bike and has a big following, and some on here have seen sense and bought one :thumbsup) then ya get the numpties who went and bought German agricultural tractors :banghead) yep the BIRDS day's are numbered, but that's no reason for the demise of Ixxra it can still be used as a meeting place for like minded peeps, and organise :ride) now and then..........So let's get crackin :thumbsup) who's up for a late Borders run 8)

and there's another reason.... hardly anyone on here has a fekkin xx anymore...ixxra was set up for xx owners...remember... :P :P
new xx owners take a look and fek offff... :roll) ... 1 to none xx's in ride out pics... duh

the facebook group i use has new xx owners coming on every week...group usage is vibrant and continental...
so don't give me that sheeet about xx's not being popular... duh

regards
aj :|

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 am

aj wrote:
jono49 wrote:The Teduim owners forum is thriving well due to it being sold in big numbers and is a class bike and has a big following, and some on here have seen sense and bought one :thumbsup) then ya get the numpties who went and bought German agricultural tractors :banghead) yep the BIRDS day's are numbered, but that's no reason for the demise of Ixxra it can still be used as a meeting place for like minded peeps, and organise :ride) now and then..........So let's get crackin :thumbsup) who's up for a late Borders run 8)

and there's another reason.... hardly anyone on here has a fekkin xx anymore...ixxra was set up for xx owners...remember... :P :P
new xx owners take a look and fek offff... :roll) ... 1 to none xx's in ride out pics... duh

the facebook group i use has new xx owners coming on every week...group usage is vibrant and continental...
so don't give me that sheeet about xx's not being popular... duh

regards

I'm not saying they aint popular per se, but they are moving into the shadows compared to mainstream makes there's no denying.
The popularity you speak about says it all really. Once exclusive, in performance AND price, the Bird is now changing hands at rock bottom prices and as such it's easy availability is attracting the steak and kidney locker openers that thrive over on Arsebook and who probably understand and love the gibberish you mainly write.

Oh, and there IS a hardcore of IXXRA Members who still have Birds...just that there are other bikes that fit the bill better for the types of roads and riding some of us have moved onto.

You ride too fekkin fast all the time, one reason why I'm out on your rides. Great fun at the time but too dangerous at my age.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re IXXRA Rideouts

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 am

aj wrote:.

put 3 or 4 ride ups this year and not a single taker from up norrffff.. :rolleyes:

should i bother anymore???? when i know none of you will venture south....ever.... :roll)

so.... i'm off to spain on the 23rd... and treepithed is on his way to the alps this week....
have we advertised it???... fek as like...wast of time... :P

now we ride south, east, and west with chris and or phil...no.. phil won't join here... :roll)
norvvern banter isn't for him... tooo aggressive he says jawdropping

out on tuesday.... anyone coming...???? course not.... lol

regards
aj :rockon)

Now I wonder why!!! "They" could be trying to tell ya summat ya know. :banghead)

We have all got to know each others riding styles very well over the years and there are some riders styles that suit us and some that don't. We're all different. Therefore I prefer to ride with peeps who's riding style is similar to mine and flexible to my time of the month ! I have had enough of riding with riders that "nail it" everywhere all the time. It's not the personailites as I love you all...it's just that some of you ride like cnoots and I don't need or want it.
Spain is lovely this time of the year.

Pics please of ya Tuesday Blast ! :mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 am

reeeet

weekend down south after the 23rd :thumbsup)

whos up for it :ride) :ride) ?

cooonts

just looked back in the ride out section to 2010, not much difference, rose tinted ya old cooonts,

when i was a lad and pints were like quarts,ffs

kin oldbull sorning ya bird in summer?, if thats what ya wanna do fine,

so if nowts posted up people don't go out ? bollox,

I like riding, down to the shops or out on a ride, any excuse, but we all have commitments, we canna blame it on a ride out section forum etc,

kin el last Sunday I went to Wales on the TDM, Tuesday Whitby, Scarborough on the bird (AJ's heads still in that window lol )

I used to go to the pub 4+ nights a week dont any more, things, people change,

today's society looking to blame everyone but themselves,

kinel yul be suing ixxra next for breach of summat lol

in all seriousness though AJ you are a cooont, with foooking tart of a southern mate who don't like northern banter lol lol lol
Last edited by Mister Majestik on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:58 am

Anddddd

of the 4 bike forums I frequent, there are still more ride outs/offers of ride outs or folk who want to meet up for ride outs than any of them,

so ixxra ain't that bad :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Les youre a cooooont,

I had to stay in this weekend cus some cooonts nicked me gloves, its all you fault,

ffs, men or mice lol lol
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:26 am

What's the intention to stop it?
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 am

stop what maxx?

I don't want to stop anything :thumbsup)
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:16 am

MaXX2 wrote:What's the intention to stop it?

No!! It was meant to do exactly what it is doing (coaxing old coonts like yerself out of the fookin shadows) getting some disscusion/banter going on the future of IXXRA, the friendship that has developed over the years etc.

On my phone at the moment and it's a pain in the neck, so will continue later.
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby aj » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 am

one suggestion for debate.... rebrand the site.... jawdropping

how about...." silly old ffarts big bike forum".... the forum for slow middle aged and decrepit bikers... lol

tim... we all go at our own pace on ride outs... we always have...no matter what the differential in styles or speeds have been :P
group hugs are for when we stop for a cuppa....sillyoldcoooontybollix... lol

friggin sign of old age and debenture that comment... :dunce)

regards
aj :wink)

oh... and if you want to come south i have 3 empty bedrooms and a garden for tents...there are also B&B near by... lol

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Good idea AJ :rolleyes:

and a kind offer thanks :notworthy) :notworthy)
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby kibo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:15 pm

well not been on the site v long but I think its bloody GREAT and as for the xx if that's old hat then F**K me with the old hat......... :rockon) I F**KIN LOVE IT :notworthy) on my second and it does everything/more of than I will ever be able to use.Because of divorce from hell (almost 3 years an STILL not over) plus movin house/money;not been able to do as much meet ups as I would like but Wales (despite the rain was BRILL as far as me and KP were concerned :rockon) ;the most important bit being how EVERYONE at Ixxra has made us feel welcome/part of the family from the second we met :clap: :thumbsup) so far as im concerned Ixxra still does it for me and will be here long as its goin ;even if its only a half dozen of us :smile: and will be happy to help whatever way I can :notworthy)
kibo
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Friggin hell this has kicked a few kennels innit :P

OK then, the reason I sorned my Bird is we will be going away (flying) again in a couple of weeks for family holliday ... Wont be going anywhere else major ie Europe on the bike again this year so I will just run the TDM for what we have left of summer when we come back.... I still love riding my Bird and Ive no intention of letting it go... But as Tim says Im a lot more diverse now and Im loving the sigle track roads on the TDM and another form of riding if you like..

Now 3 out of the 4 main (pre booked) bike trips for me this year have been to Europe if you count the Isle of Man as Europe .. Now I know you lot on here dont do Europe ( Chris excluded) so Ive had to sort myself out with Different mates as such ie Simmo's club for Germany, Spa etc etc so my time and availability on here has been limited else I would have been shouting a lot more to get summat organised :wink)

Now for the biggest part of theses bike holls its been a washout so after spending at least a couple of grand I think Im entitled to a bit of a moan... Yes we made the most of it but I havent booked a holiday to make the friggin most of it I want to ride in dry sunshine all the time :banghead) :banghead) The ride home from Germany was the one of the worst experiences I had on a bike and I still dont know how we all survived the Dartford crossing :shock)

Back on the Ixxra topic its not just about the Bird anymore, them days are long gone but for me Ixxra has always been more about the people than the bikes anyway, and long may it continue..... Now who do I have to suck up to to get into this Hush Hush club, cos I wouldnt mind doing whitby, Scarbrough etc at
short notice :mrgreen:

I would love to do another Borders before the year is out as well ... :notworthy) :ride)

Oh and while IM on a role... I really really really really DO NOT want to join facebook so please dont make me :bigcry:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Nice one Barsteward. :thumbsup) When I saw the thread this morning I thought it may stir a few Members. Ironic that the Op is a fekkin Lord Lucan when it comes to regular posting. Fekk me Betty, have you just realised that posts don't cost owt either...same as fekkin texts and even free like that "Whatsapp" message I sent you this afternoon . is/are your electric/radio waves slow over there or what?

"Rename it" for fekks sakes ! :banghead) . Fekkin image consultants...full of wind and piss and smoke and mirrors.

Well done Kibo...and Oldtwat....you've said it all.

As for the poof from down south who thinks it's all a bit "ooooh errrrr yikes"
Shoulda been here when Taz, Shadrack and fekkin TaxiRed were on form, you'da needed counselling from the aggression bandied about then. :shock)

Aggression? Fekk off, it's ALL tongue in cheek banter with no animosity from anyone here. Even the proper twats from down South don't take it seriously. Stick is only given out to Members that we know.

As for a Rideout Oldbull...I can feel one coming on...was gonna keep it Hush Hush but with Spain becoming a No-Go Zone soon, I feel a South Walian Big Bimble coming on which could well entail a stopover at The Sun Inn at Clun. :wink)

That'll be it from Barsteward for another month or so then. Until it gets to the stage where I have to ring and ask Sue..."Is he dead ?" Where's the wanker smiley? :rolleyes:

The Blackbird is dead...Long live the Blackbird, which it will due to enthusiasts who are passionate about the Bird, here and over on the Dark Side, and also due to the steak and kidney locker opening chavs and gibbering idiots over on Arsebook who can now afford this iconic machine.

:rockon)

Blackbird riders at Matlock week before last

Anyone for a ride and meet up at matlock this Wensday night?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Must go, the news is on and I've only heard a dozen fekkin times that William has babbed Kate again. harry is giving his thoughts to us plebs. Bye :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 pm

aj wrote:

regards

You are sooooo full of shite. :sick)

Regards,
Twathead

(Do your Facearse buddies think your gibberish and pretend I'm really stupid is funny or do you talk and act differently over there? )

Regards again ,

Timbastid

8)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bluegas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:46 pm

ramo wrote:reeeet

weekend down south after the 23rd :thumbsup)

whos up for it :ride) :ride) ?

cooonts

just looked back in the ride out section to 2010, not much difference, rose tinted ya old cooonts,

when i was a lad and pints were like quarts,ffs

kin oldbull sorning ya bird in summer?, if thats what ya wanna do fine,

so if nowts posted up people don't go out ? bollox,

I like riding, down to the shops or out on a ride, any excuse, but we all have commitments, we canna blame it on a ride out section forum etc,

kin el last Sunday I went to Wales on the TDM, Tuesday Whitby, Scarborough on the bird (AJ's heads still in that window lol )

I used to go to the pub 4+ nights a week dont any more, things, people change,

today's society looking to blame everyone but themselves,

kinel yul be suing ixxra next for breach of summat lol

in all seriousness though AJ you are a cooont, with foooking tart of a southern mate who don't like northern banter lol lol lol

Meet at Simmo's house then?
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby aj » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 pm

ohhh fekkk... so sorry tim... forgot you are the oracle of common sense :P ...praise be for your words of correction for us all... 8) 8)

told you yer cnunt 4 years ago you would destroy this forum... and yer nearly there :rockon) :rockon) :rockon)
...you are the thickest tvat imaginable... :thumbsup) ...and are no doubt admired for it in yer inner circle.. :clap: :clap:
you will never get it will you...first timers have no friggin idea you all know each other ... duh duh duh
they just see read and understand the written word before them... friggin aggression is what they see and they pith orrrfff........ screwy
and they're seeing this now...

dozzeeecnunt.... :dunce)

retards
aj :thumbsup)

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jono49 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 pm

bollocks.jpg

And FFS gerronya bikes and lets have a :ride) :thumbsup) :mrgreen:
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:51 am

Yer all a bunch of cooooonts :thumbsup) but yer all nice cooooonts :mrgreen:
By foooook. ........even I'm a cooooont :notworthy)

And guess wat! I'm willing to ride with any of ya :thumbsup)

I would really miss this place if it shut :banghead)

Sept for you Jono and Ramo cos you pair are extra special cooooonts lol
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Next

Return to The Whippit Inn