One day there. One day back

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

One day there. One day back

Postby John H » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Just testing this,
tried to do a ride report but lost the fekin lot :banghead)
Went for a very last minute ride to the Isle of Skye on Thursday morning and came back on Friday.
I trawled t'internet on Wednesday evening and booked one night b&b in a Hotel just on the I of S near to the bridge :thumbsup)

Set off at 6:00 am ish with a grin on my face, encountered fog north of Lancaster. Took a stop at Tbay as the fog was real heavy. Set off again and it soon lifted and so too did my spirits :thumbsup)

On the way up by a still misty Loch Lomand, heres a couple of pics
http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/jwfx2/media/To%20the%20Isle%20of%20Skye/P9110161.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

How... do ya get pictures to apear as pictures and not links? screwy baffled it's doin my edd in
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: One day there. One day back

Postby Oldbull » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Clickon the Image url tab in your bucket and paste it in here .. hope you had a good time :thumbsup)

your images are too big John so they need to be resized to a maximum of 642 pixels on the longest side..

Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby John H » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 am

Oldbull wrote:Clickon the Image url tab in your bucket and paste it in here .. hope you had a good time :thumbsup)

your images are too big John so they need to be resized to a maximum of 642 pixels on the longest side..

Cheers Oldbull, will give that a go :thumbsup) Yes had a brill trip up there, it cleared the cobwebs. Have never ever been out on a bike for more than a day before on me todd, thoroughly enjoyed it will def go again sometime :thumbsup) .
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:17 am

John H wrote:
Oldbull wrote:Clickon the Image url tab in your bucket and paste it in here .. hope you had a good time :thumbsup)

Cheers Oldbull, will give that a go :thumbsup) Yes had a brill trip up there, it cleared the cobwebs. Have never ever been out on a bike for more than a day before on me todd, thoroughly enjoyed it will def go again sometime :thumbsup) .

Good on yer John. :thumbsup)

If ya writing owt that's long in content, like a rideout/report...best thing to do is write it all out in Notepad or Microsoft Word and save it there. The when ya finished, copy and paste to the Forum. This saves you losing all ya hard work which Extremist and I can vouch for as a really fekkin despairing and annoying thing to happen to you.

:thumbsup)

We went onto Skye during our Secret Hush-Hush Covert Mission to the Highlands in July...I think we got about 5 miles over the bridge where we decamped for coffee until the rain passed. The rain didn't pass, the mountains behind us disappeared into the clouds, the rain got heavier and after numerous coffees, we turned tail and left the fekkin place thoroughly disappointed. :bigcry:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:52 am

No need to go on your own John, put a post up in the rideout section with the date , place etc and you will
probably get some like minded company :thumbsup)

All the rideouts and meets on here are usually open to all :ride)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby John H » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

T.Murphy wrote:If ya writing owt that's long in content, like a rideout/report...best thing to do is write it all out in Notepad or Microsoft Word and save it there.
Cheers Tim, that's a lesson worth remembering, will do that next time

We went onto Skye during our Secret Hush-Hush Covert Mission to the Highlands in July...I think we got about 5 miles over the bridge where we decamped for coffee until the rain passed. The rain didn't pass, the mountains behind us disappeared into the clouds, the rain got heavier and after numerous coffees, we turned tail and left the fekkin place thoroughly disappointed. :bigcry:

Gutted...Prepare for the worst...hope fer the best eh... hope ya had good water proofs. Reminds me I took some waterproof spats/over boot things one time, stopped to gaze at Eilean Danon in the pouring rain & the spat snagged on my foot rest (thats my excuse :mrgreen: ) and Kerching down went the BB.
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby John H » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Oldbull wrote:No need to go on your own John, put a post up in the rideout section with the date , place etc and you will
probably get some like minded company :thumbsup)

All the rideouts and meets on here are usually open to all :ride)

Thought about posting up at the time OB, but then thought it would be such short notice for such a trip it would virtually be a piss take :jester).
Was going to go on the Monday, then had a call from work and Monday became Tuesday then the mrs was poorly blah blah. Wednesday Lunch time I made the decision to go Thursday :ride).

Hope to join a ride out one o these days :thumbsup)
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:51 pm

You would be more than welcome John, try and work it so you can do an over nighter they tend to be even more fun :mrgreen: :wink) Mrs John will be more than welcome as well if she goes on the back mate plenty of couples come along on some of the rides also :thumbsup)

Tim Wrote : We went onto Skye during our Secret Hush-Hush Covert Mission to the Highlands in July...I think we got about 5 miles over the bridge where we decamped for coffee until the rain passed. The rain didn't pass, the mountains behind us disappeared into the clouds, the rain got heavier and after numerous coffees, we turned tail and left the fekkin place thoroughly disappointed. :bigcry:

well thats kinda cheered me up a tad ... because some of us never had an option or an ask to go... which some of you mite also have gathered pished me off a bit .. :evil)
wont say Im glad tho cos weve all been there at some time or another and Im not one for baring a grudge for more than a few years .. :bigcry:
There was never one open post on the forum or in the rideout section about that trip and for the first time ever while Ive been on here,
A ride report of any sort was ever posted also, Whys that I aak ??? ???... Anyway for all you secret covert Hush Hush clubbers I hope you all got soaked and your boots and gloves rotted :getthis)

NB: Dont be put off by my bitter and twisted ramblings John, not all the rideouts are like this ... very rarely does it come to blows nowadays mate :wink) :mrgreen:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby John H » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Oldbull wrote:You would be more than welcome John, try and work it so you can do an over nighter they tend to be even more fun :mrgreen: :wink) Mrs John will be more than welcome as well if she goes on the back mate plenty of couples come along on some of the rides also :thumbsup)

Cheers OB :thumbsup) Sadly, the missus can't come on the bike anymore, although she would dearly love to.
She has travelled over 100,000 miles on the back of my bikes over about 20 years or so.
A few years ago we arrived home from a ride to Rivington one day (in case ya know of it). Anyway she stepped into the house and collapsed and had an epileptic seizure. Never driven a car or been on the back of a bike since :banghead). Must admit I am in awe at her inner strength as I don't think I could face each day with that uncertainty hanging over me.. Oop's sorry, could write reams of stuff in praise of her.
Anyway, will def do a ride out or three :thumbsup) at sometime
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jono49 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Fook me i've just clicked who you are John....."Vinterceptor" on t'other side :thumbsup) ( The Fazer gave it away ) Nice one :clap: spur of the moment rides can be the best sometimes, shame there's not a lot going on at the moment, but I feel we'll have a rideout soon enough :ride) keep yer eye's on here in the rideouts section..........contrary to popular belief there not all hush hush :mrgreen:
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Bloody 'ell Inspector Clouseau aka jono, well done old lad

Hi there John-H ya bugger.

As for you Oldbull, ya don't half spout some shite at times.

There's an incomplete rideout report for starters and for the nth and final time ( although why I should have to repeat myself to you once again is beyond belief) YOU knew about the Jono and Ramo trip well before me as Ramo told you the dates when we were in Clun, to which you replied that due to the number of trips you had planned already , it made this one a no-goer for you. It wasn't an open invite/rideout anyrode apparently and I, me, myself only invited myself along on the day before they went as things at home just dropped right. The same day, the trip came out in a telephone conversation with Barsteward who promptly said "can I come?" Ramo, bless his cotton socks managed to sort us accommodation out and the rest ( one of THE best rideouts I have ever, ever been on by the way) is history.

That is the last on the matter so stop being a fekkin petulant whining queen and shut the fook up.

Oh yea, what's this Universal kit and suchlike for the Sena SMH 10. I'm getting confused and the prices are all over the place. £158 on Amazon no P&P and so on.

:-?

:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:48 pm

:getthis)
Fat Coont
IMG_3071.JPG

Last of the summer wine
IMG_3078.JPG
Last of the summer wine

Time for a brew......shame it was Les's Bike
IMG_3114.JPG
Brew Up

B&B for £16......Proper Budget touring
IMG_3137.JPG
Rogart accommodation

Complete with ferral wildlife
IMG_3146.JPG
Tim's pal the station Cat
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm

As for you Oldbull, ya don't half spout some shite at times.

Took you long enough to reply ... and im half way to catching you up with the shite so Im told... :roll)

If I had known about it I would have gone or at the very least tried my best. The option would have been nice... but I never got the phone call unlike the others... and nothing was ever posted in the normal way of a reminder etc etc :|
If the others who went werent so quiet on the subject as well, you wouldnt have to repeat at all ???
put a post up next time then no one will have a problem especially me..

Now take this shite out of Johns thread and put it elsewhere if you feel the need, and do keep up cos the reply was 3 weeks old
And i was nearly over it then :rolleyes:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Oldbull wrote: If I had known about it I would have gone or at the very least tried my best.:

You knew about it in Clun several months before me. :roll)

Oldbull wrote: And i was nearly over it then :rolleyes:

Glad I'm still reeling you in then. :thumbsup)

End of.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby John H » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:17 pm

When I originally did the trip to Skye way back when (at the top o this forum) I took the Gopro along.

Heres a vid I took on the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccsDKq6jkiw only just got round to editing it.

Warning....! I couldn't find my steppenwolf tape so have used one of youtubes own lively tunes lol
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:11 pm

John H wrote:When I originally did the trip to Skye way back when (at the top o this forum) I took the Gopro along.

Heres a vid I took on the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccsDKq6jkiw only just got round to editing it.

Warning....! I couldn't find my steppenwolf tape so have used one of youtubes own lively tunes lol

:clap: :clap: . Thanks for posting up John.

Bloody brilliant little vid is that mate. :thumbsup) Nice combination of video and stills and the music fits just fine... Whoa .. . and that bloody scenery in that weather..well, it's just really, really something special isn't it.

Excellent is all I can say...oh yes, and I want to go back up there again too. What a place for a motorbike eh. :ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Great video john :thumbsup)

What editing program do you use ??

Simmo
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Simmo wrote:Great video john :thumbsup)

Simmo

Fook me Simmo still not sorted out an editing program. Toss pot :rolleyes:
Can recommend cyberlink, easy for beginners but fully featured as you get to grips with it :P
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby barsteward » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Top video and edit John, that is of course apart from the "selfy" FF sake leave it out next time lol
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Oldbull » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Crackin video, well done John... what sort of mileage did you do on that day mate ?? :thumbsup) :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:26 pm

:notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy) Cracking vid and editing John, Fair wanted to jump on my bike and head up there for one more go before it's to late.......but the forcast say's it may be too late!!! :bigcry:
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby John H » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:34 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Bloody brilliant little vid is that mate. :thumbsup) Nice combination of video and stills and the music fits just fine... Whoa .. . and that bloody scenery in that weather..well, it's just really, really something special isn't it.

Cheers Tim.....AND dont ferget... it's right on the door step too :thumbsup) , should go more often eh. But then I wonder if ya would get sick of going, or become complacent about all that scenery. What about people who actually live up there. Could they just sit at home all the time oblivious to their suroundings :rolleyes:

Simmo wrote:Great video john :thumbsup)

I downloaded Windows Movie Maker, then went on youtube and watched a video on how to use it :thumbsup)

Oldbull wrote:Crackin video, well done John... what sort of mileage did you do on that day mate ?? :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Cheers Oldbull, did just over 400 miles :ride) over about 12 hours but kept on stopping to take pictures and stuff. It's amazin that I managed to do over 100 miles with the number of times I stopped :)

barsteward wrote:Top video and edit John, that is of course apart from the "selfy" FF sake leave it out next time lol

Point taken :mrgreen: but it reminds me it was actually me who went :thumbsup) and there was no-one else to take a picure of 8)
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby John H » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:46 pm

jono49 wrote::notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy) Cracking vid and editing John, Fair wanted to jump on my bike and head up there for one more go before it's to late.......but the forcast say's it may be too late!!! :bigcry:

It will have to be a spur of the moment type trip for the next 6 months Jono49... Or you could just 'plan' it and hope your still feeling lucky when the time comes round (need a 44 magnum smiley)
John H
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby jono49 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:51 pm

:thumbsup)
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn