Any plans

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Any plans

Postby Simmo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:19 pm

For next year?? Gonna start sorting my calendar out soon, already have been asked to do a trip up Yorkshire by the club .

Darren and grant are going away I think,but what about the rest of you and the hush hush club any plans ??

:ride) :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride)
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Any plans

Postby jono49 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:49 pm

"The Borders Gaylords Easter Hush Hush run" should be on :thumbsup) .............then later another Hush Hush highland run, taking in the isles of harris and lewis, ferry from Ullapool £48 return, one night on the island then back to the mainland head south again and try to take a day on Skye successfully this time in the dry and sunshine, I'm just off to book it now with the met office :mrgreen: then there will be several outings to Yorkshire, the Borders more isolated beauty spots, places of historical interest, biker meet places, stately homes, Nudist colony's, maybe Wales? an odd motorcycle racing event, other Ixxra rideouts, Dogging layby's, maybe a visit to Todmorden (You meet a different class of people there) and an odd run to the lakes.........Phew I'm knackered thinking about it :P
Last edited by jono49 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Im hoping to be available for whatever trips are going but I dont plan to prebook any untill last minute... Dont want any
More underwater trips like this year if it can be helped..... :bigcry:

Not ideal I know if going into Europe but its easy for me to be flexible soo options can remain open untill last minute... :thumbsup)

Asuming that they arent the secret ones that is :P
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 am

not tellin.... lol

summat to do with spain.... and feb/march time....with another friend... lol

regards
aj :mrgreen:

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Starting to get a bit kranky again with these damm dark nights :banghead) :bigcry:

Need something to look forward to so anyone else got any plans sorted ?? Talking about things help :mrgreen:

What dates Easter on next year ?? ( keep meaning to ask Jesus why they keep altering :-? I mean how many different days can one resurrect :P ) That looks like
being the first one up the borders sooo shall we stay somewhere else for a change etc etc ???

Les is swannin off to warmer climes and a lot of talk on here about Spain as late.. Chris's exploits got me thinking, so how about an Ixxra trip for a week in the Picos ??
go over on the boat and stay in the mountains nice and cheap like ??? Just step off the boat and your more or less in the deepend... Anyone fancy that ??? nice n easy trip if its your first time abroad ??? just testing the water loike :rockon)

Got an option invite to go with Simmos club again but they are doing Lemans GP and I have been there twice so an alternative would be nice..

We can pull Wales in at the drop of a hat as we know where to stay etc so how about penciiling some dates in as well ?? Maybe wise to avoid bank hollidays this time if possible ??

anyone else have any thoughts yet ???? :mrgreen:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

chris and i are defiantly going to Spain... probably April ...may be for a couple of weeks
to do sierra navadas and other stuff may be even the pecos on the way back...

don't think many on here can be away for that long...don't know... :-?

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Simmo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Oldbull wrote:Starting to get a bit kranky again with these damm dark nights :banghead) :bigcry:

Need something to look forward to so anyone else got any plans sorted ?? Talking about things help :mrgreen:

What dates Easter on next year ?? ( keep meaning to ask Jesus why they keep altering :-? I mean how many different days can one resurrect :P ) That looks like
being the first one up the borders sooo shall we stay somewhere else for a change etc etc ???

Les is swannin off to warmer climes and a lot of talk on here about Spain as late.. Chris's exploits got me thinking, so how about an Ixxra trip for a week in the Picos ??
go over on the boat and stay in the mountains nice and cheap like ??? Just step off the boat and your more or less in the deepend... Anyone fancy that ??? nice n easy trip if its your first time abroad ??? just testing the water loike :rockon)

Got an option invite to go with Simmos club again but they are doing Lemans GP and I have been there twice so an alternative would be nice..

We can pull Wales in at the drop of a hat as we know where to stay etc so how about penciiling some dates in as well ?? Maybe wise to avoid bank hollidays this time if possible ??

anyone else have any thoughts yet ???? :mrgreen:

Got some more irons in the fire but don't think I'm going to the Le Mans gp
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 pm

I'm looking at picos mountains later in the year....perhaps August or early October :thumbsup)
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby Oldbull » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm

AJ said: don't think many on here can be away for that long...don't know..

two weeks would probably be out out of most folks reach AJ but a week might just be do-able to a fair few :)

Picos just a suggestion of an option, I would also love to a week up Scotland if you want to stay this side of the water :thumbsup)

@Simmo -

What Irons you got simmering Davey boy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

so whats it to be then for the majority ?? just the one and/or two overnighter weekend kinda trips ??

Jono's got the borders well in hand and Wales is also sorted, so anyone have any other ideas ???
Last edited by Oldbull on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm

TRIPPO wrote:I'm looking at picos mountains later in the year....perhaps August or early October :thumbsup)

How long a stay are you thinking on John , is it going to be an open trip as such mate,

No need to burden any one person to book for everyone else on next years trips ..think we are all capable of a fone call to book a bed or a boat ticket if you get my drift... would be nice if we can get a few interested :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Nurburgring anyone?

:ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Fatbert » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Oldbull wrote:.........but I dont plan to prebook any untill last minute... .........

When did you move to Sheffield then?

lol lol lol
Fatbert
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Oldbull » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:25 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Nurburgring anyone?

The ring is always an option pal.. I think the roads around it are better than the ring itself and their free :rockon) :rockon)

Very easy to put a crackin trip together on and around the ring, few days riding few days sightseeing etc etc and we always have Phil to call on to make sure we is doing it right :mrgreen:

problem is, (as FB has hinted at :mrgreen: ) you say it EVERY YEAR and never actually commit so dont say it if you dont mean it :roll) :wink)

Would be nice if it did come off to go when some sort of racing is on and watch the pros do it jawdropping jawdropping
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Oldbull wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:Nurburgring anyone?

The ring is always an option pal.. I think the roads around it are better than the ring itself and their free :rockon) :rockon)

Very easy to put a crackin trip together on and around the ring, few days riding few days sightseeing etc etc and we always have Phil to call on to make sure we is doing it right :mrgreen:

problem is, (as FB has hinted at :mrgreen: ) you say it EVERY YEAR and never actually commit so dont say it if you dont mean it :roll) :wink)

Would be nice if it did come off to go when some sort of racing is on and watch the pros do it jawdropping jawdropping

Take no notice of FatBert, he talks out of his are parp parp ! LOL farted myself laffing there....pppffffumph, parp, pflpflfplf.

EVERY year OB? Last two yes, shit happens 'appens? Determined to go next time 'round though and aint even particular about going on the Ring what with Insurance and all that, but like you say, the roads are to die for out there and nice to watch whatever is going on there too. Nurburgring event/open day calendar don't come out until end of January though.

Parp!

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:34 pm

Simmo wrote:For next year?? Gonna start sorting my calendar out soon, already have been asked to do a trip up Yorkshire by the club .

Darren and grant are going away I think,but what about the rest of you and the hush hush club any plans ??

I'll join ya for this one Dave, Geeza shout nearer the time!
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:02 pm

jono49 wrote:
Simmo wrote:For next year?? Gonna start sorting my calendar out soon, already have been asked to do a trip up Yorkshire by the club .

Nice one :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Anyone thought or have been to Switzerland just checked out Ride magazines routes over there looks good
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:22 am

Put the dates up soon as you have them pal :)

Switzerland sounds and looks good, gonna need at least two weeks 8) .... Never been at the top of my list tho cos it always makes me think of snow
and I fooogin hate snow :bigcry: 8)

Trying to gage who would be interested in a week away and who wouldnt .. peeps who have replied have traveled before, not a squeak from
the ones that havent , which is what Im trying to find out who would be actually be interested and who wouldnt... Nice n easy week, no vast mileages,
ideal if youve not been away before on the bike :ride) Nurbugring early June time and Picos at end sept (or both :mrgreen: ) sound ideal choices
for an ixxra rideout.. Dates are variable depending of course .. So who is actually interested and who isnt ?????

BTW one or two up, dont matter :ride)

Shout up please with a yes or a no so we know where we stand......

Oldbull YES defo
Simmo YES
Tim YES
Trippo Yes
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby daveb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:04 pm

depending on getting time off Dave could be interested in Picos :thumbsup)
daveb
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby The Budgie » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Yep.....but they don't involve travel, not least to parts foreign...

...Kazzies family are planning a trip to Oz next year around October/November and we're building a new house on the block we bought a few months ago. Busy as a one legged man in a kicking competition at the moment getting this house ready for sale...and waiting for the Blade to (finally) get repaired...

...could involve a little trip to Tasmania straight after Kazzies family return home...on our Honeymoon...oh did I let that slip? :mrgreen:

photo1 - Copy.JPG
Two beautiful sights...

photo5 - Copy.JPG
You lucky bugger!
The Budgie
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Defo got plans in place now Steve :thumbsup)

Probably 2 weeks off in August and going to do Northern Spain :thumbsup)

Plan is to take 3 days and 2 night travelling down through France.......5 or 6 days in Spain and then a couple of nights travelling back!
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby Oldbull » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:17 pm

daveb wrote:depending on getting time off Dave could be interested in Picos :thumbsup)

Nice one pal, you will enjoy it if it comes off :thumbsup)

will keep looking into options over the hollidays and see what develops ...
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:20 pm

The Budgie wrote:Yep.....but they don't involve travel, not least to parts foreign...

...Kazzies family are planning a trip to Oz next year around October/November and we're building a new house on the block we bought a few months ago. Busy as a one legged man in a kicking competition at the moment getting this house ready for sale...and waiting for the Blade to (finally) get repaired...

...could involve a little trip to Tasmania straight after Kazzies family return home...on our Honeymoon...oh did I let that slip? :mrgreen:

Hehehe I thought Kazzie would have more sense... congrats in order I think pal :thumbsup) where we havin the stag do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Akuji » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Simmo wrote:
jono49 wrote:

Nice one :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Anyone thought or have been to Switzerland just checked out Ride magazines routes over there looks good

go on you know you want to :thumbsup)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25735
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Well Im being pushed for a decision ... Got a chance to go to the Classic / Manx TT again next year, same craic as the last two years where I take the bikes over in my van and stay in my mates porta potty... Problem is its in the last weeks of August just when we were thinking about a trip on here to the picos or whatever .. obviously cant do both .. mite be able to do just the week in picos end of sept but we would have to do a return trip on ferry to make it worthwhile ...

The one early doors aint a problem and the one and two nighters aren't either... If Im going to the TT then I have to book the sailings in the next couple of weeks or you dont go on the days you want .. so what to do that is the question ?? :banghead) :banghead)

Promo vid http://www.joe.ie/life-style/video-take-a-gander-at-the-epic-2015-preview-for-the-isle-of-man-tt/477573?utm_content=buffer4ee34&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:15 pm

:thumbsup) Cracking Vid :notworthy)
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Next

Return to The Whippit Inn