I am in awe

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

I am in awe

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Nowt to do with bikes or other shite, but Lance Corporal Joshua Leakey has got me in fekkin awe jawdropping

:notworthy)

We really are not worthy, well I certainly aren't anyrode.

That is all.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: I am in awe

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm

Speak his name with Pride, Timster... :thumbsup)
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: I am in awe

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Yep. The fella stands right there with Lance Corporal Kylie Watson for me anyway. Theirs are definitely stories that make the jaw muscles tighten and the throat lump make an appearance.

In awe of both of them!! In a time when (in my humble and personal opinion) the word 'hero' is sorely abused, Messrs Leakey & Watson stand as beacons to the fact that it still has real meaning and the soldiers going back generations would still recognise what they did as the heroism it really is.

But for their selflessness and dedication... some of their opos would be dead and I am truly delighted that both of them survived. It's a tad depressing when the VC and other medals for valour in action, end up posthumously awarded. Not that it's wrong, it's just sad.

A long and happy life to them both wherever they end up.
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to The Whippit Inn