teeside crew

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

teeside crew

Postby rob_1961 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:39 am

Look at this link guys its about 2 cops getting off with speeding on charltons bank im shure u no the road cos i know one of the cops its www.scarboroughtoday.co.uk it might help some bikers from up your way
Now on a busa
rob_1961
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:25 am

Bet they're popular with their mates :D
TazCBR1100XX

coppers (pig) speeding

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:20 am

hi carnt we send it to the papers or send it to the boys address shore we canfind out were the boys live that got knicked for speeding yes they were doing 145 but the coppers were speeding to .
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bezzer » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:17 am

Its been in the papers and on TV Chef. No one is bothered because its screwed the camera system that everyone hates so it doesnt matter who it was, copper or not. Loads of people will be getting their points removed and fines returned because of it as well.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

hmmmmmm

Postby Deano » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:03 pm

Shame the police only find a niche in the law when it affects them - I think it will undermine confidence in the police as a whole and like I say, thats a shame.
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Postby Bristle Hound » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:45 pm

I say good on the 2 lads ! :clap:
No 1 would be bothered if it wasn't for the fact they were Bobbies !
If the Police & Council can't produce & display legal signs, well who's fault is it ? :roll)
I would have done the same, would you ? :thumbsup)
The Police should be out there catching real criminals

Speed a victimless crime ? For me I think so !
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: hmmmmmm

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:55 pm

Deano wrote:I think it will undermine confidence in the police

Well, I for one didn't know there was any confidence in the Police :? But perhaps I'm just biased since they're about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in this area :banghead) We usually get the Tranny van park up in the garage forecourt over the road the night AFTER the latest spate of robberies :roll) And you can depend on them taking at least 20 minutes to respond to your call when ya watching somebody knicking a neighbours car :( But one things fer certain - if ya kids step out of line just a tiny little bit, there's fookin millions of 'em lining up to give ya grief :bigcry: It's funny how the 'nice' kids are always the ones who get the grief while the 'bastid' kids get away with murder :( One things fer sure, any future problems I have will NOT be dealt with by the Police - positive action beats a stupid lecture every time :twisted)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Shuggie » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:58 pm

While I agree with most of the points, you may be surprised at just how many bobbies are on duty at any one time in your area.

Forces are always under strength, irrespective of whatever figures are published. Sickness is another massive drain on resources, usually not covered if it's short notice. Where a station may have 8 officers per shift, these shifts invariably work with as little as 4. If you have an arrest then 2 are wiped off for as long as possibly 2-3 hours, couple that with 2 being called to a domestic where it tends to be very protracted, then you are left with a big fat 0 for other calls.

As result of the shit that is dealt out by scum especially at weekends, tolerance levels can fray. Just like everyone else, you can only take so much.

While I'm not saying that this is what happened in your case of your neighbours car, this happens at Harrogate and these facts are never revealed.

There again there are some complete :banghead) :banghead) a*#holes
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Carl » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:57 pm

I am with Shuggie on this one,

There are several Police and ex Police on this site all of which have one thing in common and that is the pleasure of the xx , it serves no purpose to slag any profession off, especially when the general members of the public are unaware of the strength of the shifts covering their area. If only the public knew how little resources there are out there they would probably appreciate the police more, and not phone in with stupid little jobs that drain the few resources that are available. I do realise that the only time the majority of people have dealings with the police is when they get caught speeding, or other motoring offences. If people want to blame anyone, then the government should be the first as they are the ones over the years which have created what is becoming a lawless society for the regular criminals who don’t only know the system but play it to their advantage by using legal aid and tax payers money.

Yes and as a plod I do feel like I am :banghead) :banghead) against the wall. still it pays the bills. :bigcry:
Carl
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby bezzer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:29 am

Never mind dude the 30 years will soon be gone. :P
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:10 am

OK, this is my FINAL word on this subject:

You guys who are in the profession are obviously biased, and rightly so - it don't make you right though. You haven't got a clue about my personal situation and some of the dealings I've had with local plod and the pricks they are supposed to protect us from, and I therefore don't expect you to understand my feelings. All things considered, I am NOT anit-plod and do in fact have a good relationship with most in this area. I AM anti-government legislation which fooks up the industry as a whole and I fully understand and appreciate the frustrations because as a citizen on the receiving end of someone elses shite, I also have to suffer the frustrations when plod can't do fook all about it cuz the government says so - even though we all know a crime was committed and by whom.

Living in a rural area, we do not have regular policing and if you don't work in this kind of environment, you probably don't understand the difficulties the public and plod have in these area - totally different from towns, cities, and those villages which are around the peripheries of those places.

And finally, there's good plod, and there's bad plod - and you all know it cuz you have to work with these arseholes :banghead)

Soap box put away now :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby XXAndy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:22 am

Hmmm, staff shortages due to ill health, dealing with something else etc. etc.
Seems to me even more reason that plod targets their ever stretched resources at "real" criminals.
As a post script, apparently the dick-head that knocked me off, (illegally parked on double yellows & U-turned in front of me), is NOT, I repeat NOT getting as much as a caution, but heaven forbid I put a race can on my bike........ :banghead)
XXAndy

Return to The Whippit Inn