Borders Rideout Weather not good

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Borders Rideout Weather not good

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14 am

Well, dunno if anyone else has noticed but things aren't looking good are they? It has pissed down constantly for three fookin days now, along with occasional snow and hail flurries and constant buffeting winds. :bigcry:

I for one have had enough. The straw that broke this camel's back was when I took the GS for her MOT. Got pissed wet through, then headed onto the M1 south to Claycross and got fekkin blown from pillar to post. Same from Claycross to Matlock. The icing on the cake was when the snow storm I ran into suddenly, up on the tops above Sheffield, literally stopped me in the car tracks which were rapidly getting filled up. Coupled with the driving sleet and snow rendering me like David Blunkett, I had no option at one stage but to stop the bike in the track , hazards on, and just stand at the side of the road like a twat for 20 minutes. After that I had to carefully, in 1st, get down off the hills into Sheffield. Now that was scarey as fook and that's when the weather finally made my mind up for me.

Therefore, after much thought and deliberation, rufty tufty biking aint for me anymore. It gives me no great pleasure then, and I'm sorry to let so many people down, to say that I bit the bullet at Claycross and bought a twenty fekkin five pound Richa waterproof lightweight overjacket. :(

I've had enough of my "waterproof" proper jackets getting heavier in the rain and last years purchase of a Spada one piece was an utter disaster. Notwithstanding the fact that the Spada one piece waterproof oversuit wasn't. It was also a disaster when I wanted to find my knob for a pee...I couldn't! :shock) , or finding out that with my suit zipped up I couldn't connect my heated clothing up :banghead) . As for getting in and out of it...ya gotta be a fekkin contortionist.

Anyrode, said Richa was tried and tested on the hills above Sheffield and passed with flying colours.

To rub salt into the wound, I too thought my Borderline (see what I did there?) rear tyre would last the borders and back, veen though MOT man put it down as an advisory. However , when Cyclops pointed out the shiney nail head smiling at me from the middle of the tyre I thought enough's enough. So, £110 for a Michelin Anakee3, £25 for a fekkin waterproof and another fekkin tenner for a new Gerbin hook up lead.....this trip is costing me and I haven't turned a fekkin wheel yet.

How much are breakfasts at the Grahams? Can you just pay for a bowl of cereal?

8)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Borders Rideout Weather not good

Postby TRIPPO » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:03 am

Fooookin drama queen :banghead) :banghead) :banghead)
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby Akuji » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:15 am

Well if you bought decent gear in the first place..... :wink)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:37 am

foooookin tight cooooooont :thumbsup)
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:54 am

poor lad is getting old yer see lol .... he's be disorganizing rides darrrnsarrrff next.... :thumbsup)

off now for a little bimble.... 8)
warm and dry down ear.... :mrgreen:

retards
aj :wink)

ps... winter liners came out a month ago... lol

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Whippit Inn