That Was A Day That Was!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

That Was A Day That Was!

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:15 am

Epi-i-i-c! :rockon)

It’s about 5 years since I’ve ridden a Blackbird – I haven’t even sat on one since I sold my last ‘Bird and switched to a ZZR1400 and now, having returned to my roots with a recently-purchased ’05 model, I was back in the saddle and on my way to meet up with Mr T Murphy Esquire, Akuji, and Samo for a two-wheel-based canter around the Welsh countryside.

Due at Junction 10 of the M56 at 0730, at 0630 I found myself inwardly debating whether or not to trust the forecast for sunshine and scattered cloud. Eventually I opted for a natty combination of HG fabric jacket and Frank Thomas leather bottoms (quite an apposite little mix ‘n’ match - even if I say so meself), forgetting in my excitement to put some waterproof leggings under the seat. Luckily, the need for them never presented itself at any time during the day, which, instead of raindrops, afforded quantities of warm liquids served by pretty Welsh maids under bright, white-broken-clouded skies. :mrgreen:

Three of us hooked-up at J10 and set off for Bayston Hill Services, where we were joined by Ramo, and the day was begun in earnest – which is not the best way to describe it as there was nothing at all earnest about the way that we gelled as a group, in terms of humour and, more importantly, road-craft. For me, it really was a fantastic day out that included cuppa’s and grub at Bayston Hill; Bala; Llanwddyn; and the Ponderosa: all in the finest weather – and with the best set of lads I could have hoped for.

A huge thanks to Akuji and Samo – and especially to the one and only Timster for taking the day by the scruff of the neck and tickling it until we all had to laugh! :thumbsup)

Ride Safe, you lot!

DA
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: That Was A Day That Was!

Postby Akuji » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 pm

I'm filling up :bigcry: :thumbsup) :mrgreen:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: That Was A Day That Was!

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Akuji wrote:I'm filling up :bigcry: :thumbsup) :mrgreen:

...Fuel gauge down to the last 170,000 miles again, lad?

Can't be too careful, eh...? duh :mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn