I've been knocked off!!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Re: I've been knocked off!!

Postby smileymiley » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:16 am

barsteward wrote:
jono49 wrote:No hedge, No ditch!!!!!!...No Drama.... "Facts".....Gravel on side of road caused front to tuck in whilst running out of road and braking heavily, the bike rested front half on grass verge, rear half on the road!!
No hedge!..No Ditch! no jumping off! the captain stopped with the ship, and got his boot trapped under footpeg! got up, and lifted bike up on my own (assisted by adrenaline)
a quick bout of Tourettes, and an assist by a passing car driver to hold the beasty while I swapped sides, (Remember Hartside is all downhill) jumped on and fooked off home!
Now all this is unlikely to happen to most of you..........COS YOU DONT TRY HARD ENOUGH! :getthis) :mrgreen:

Still sore are we? :wink)

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Stop making me laugh so much.....

It's making my sides hurt :D :clap: :P
Cheers

Miles

Vini, Vidi, Velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around.
smileymiley
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Fekk me, just when I need a bit of frivolity and hilarity in my life, along comes jono with a fekkin high sided tipper full to the brim with both and closely followed by a trailer twice the size and full to the brim with fekkin utter first class bullshite.

When my sides stop aching I will bow in awe to jono49, the most deluded slaphead this side, nay either side of the Rio Esk.
lol lol lol

:notworthy) :notworthy) :notworthy)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Thank you......We aim to please :thumbsup) lol
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby The Budgie » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:00 am

Fozzie wrote:Good to hear your ok Miles..... £4,700 of damage jawdropping

Yeh, scratched a rockercover...

:mrgreen:
The Budgie
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby smileymiley » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:46 am

Well still tender around my right ribcage :(
Not been sleeping too good, with lots of things going on in my mind :P the main one being that I don't want to do this anymore! !! :bigcry:
Being knocked off & getting injured I definitely don't want to do again, but I'm thinking I don't want to get back on the bike! :(
I've never had this before... in previous offs I've always got straight back on, no problem. But this is very disconcerting.
I've ridden since I was 17, always enjoyed it, might not be the bestest rider around but am happy with were I am 8)
Of course I'll get on & give it a try & hopefully will be riding for many more years but I don't like what's happening in my mind :( :(
Just wanted to get it off my chest, so to speak.

Thanks for listening

A very sad :( :(

Smileymiley
Cheers

Miles

Vini, Vidi, Velcro

smileymiley
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:22 am

smileymiley wrote:Well still tender around my right ribcage :(
Not been sleeping too good, with lots of things going on in my mind :P the main one being that I don't want to do this anymore! !! :bigcry:
Being knocked off & getting injured I definitely don't want to do again, but I'm thinking I don't want to get back on the bike! :(
I've never had this before... in previous offs I've always got straight back on, no problem. But this is very disconcerting.
I've ridden since I was 17, always enjoyed it, might not be the bestest rider around but am happy with were I am 8)
Of course I'll get on & give it a try & hopefully will be riding for many more years but I don't like what's happening in my mind :( :(

Thanks for listening

Smileymiley

Oh dear Miles. That IS very sad. A natural reaction though I woulda thought, for people that are , how can we say, "getting on a bit". We take longer for the aches and pains to go away, and have more time to dwell on our mortality. Could be a bit of post traumatic shock, if ya reliving the moment and find that ya ringpiece is involuntarily clamping up. ( if this is the case, then get back to docs and get it documented....for insurance purposes, should you, in the near future, wander down that road of compensation for trauma, mental anguish and premature curtailment of your lifelong passion for motorcycling)

What can I say? Don't wory about it. These thoughts will pass.......probably, and if they don't, so fekkin what, you and Ro-Ro have each other and youll soon find something else to fit your zeitgeist sorta thing. "It's life Jim......." :thumbsup)

Times a great healer Miles. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:15 am

Been there, got the tea shirt, questioning yourself never goes away it is an age thing we are all mortal and there will come a time for all of us when the risk outways the pleasure.
Hopefully your not there yet Smiley but if you feel you are your welcome to join the Portta Pottie branch of IXXRA. :thumbsup) lol
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby aj » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:51 pm

smileymiley wrote:Well still tender around my right ribcage :(

Thanks for listening

Smileymiley

sorry for not replying earlier pilyo'rilley... been in wales for a week or 2... they don't do mobile signals very often you know... duh :P
good to hear your recovering...however painful the process.... 8)

not going to pontificate about the wrongs and rights about your future biking life ..it's for you to decide
with or without bike your all ways welcome to pop into wusserer ... nothing like a good chin-wag about life's traumas... 8)

failing that... you have my number... :thumbsup)

regards
aj :wink)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby smileymiley » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Well picked up the panzer today 8)
Still a couple of bits to be fixed... but I've now got a bike of 2 halves! :P
The right hand side is mostly new...
Anyway rode it home at a steady pace :D & to be honest found myself without any emotion about it when I got back :(
With new tyres & brake pads that needed scrubbing in, decided to take Ro Ro to a slap up dinner at Kostas, Matlock Bath.
20150806_185009_resized.jpg

Nice ride there and back, 130 miles, :ride)

And I think I've got my mojo back :thumbsup) 8)
Glad I've got the panzer back now :thumbsup)

Hope to meet up with you all very soon :rockon) 8)
Cheers

Miles

Vini, Vidi, Velcro

smileymiley
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Nice one Miles. Sorry I missed you. By the time Ill have got there you would have left so went to Compos chippy at Holmfirth instead. Cracking evening for riding and the sunset over the Pennines tonight was absolutely stunning. 8)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:36 am

:thumbsup) Nice one Miles :clap: Glad your back on your horse and got your mojo back!
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Previous

Return to The Whippit Inn