Ride Out Section

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Ride Out Section

Postby Oldbull » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:35 am

Why is there 'not one' rideout suggestion posted ??? The nights are drawing in and we aint got any plans for a ride... :banghead)

Its not good enough .. so stop waiting for someone else to suggest something and post up ...

Short notice but what about going back into Wales next weekend, Friday or Sat ride down, bit like the last time but throw an overnighter in 8)

Anyone interested in going anywhere ???

Melton Mowbray breaky and the new Skeggy run next Saturday... give the southerners a chance without a night out ???

Help me out here girls, Im getting desperate :ride)
Last edited by Oldbull on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Ride Out Setion

Postby Akuji » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:48 pm

I've got a little bimble next week :ride) :mrgreen:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Can't make this weekend :banghead)
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:35 pm

just ride south... i go out most days ...mostly wales...don't bother putting up posts for all my rides as
trying to get you lot to do mid wales for a day or two is like trying to pull elephants tusks out with a pair of pliers.. lol

as i've said before....boldscull et al.... yer welcome here and to stay over if you like... 8)

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:49 pm

I almost stopped asking – but we’ve had some crackin’ days out overt past few weeks…

South Stack in Anglesey

then down to the sea for fish ‘n’ chips…

Tan Hill last weekend…

Sizergh Castle yesterday…

By the time yer’ve finished askin’ folk yer coulda got where yer were goin’ and back again mate…

Let me know if you’re still goin’ next weekend an’ I’ll join ya… :thumbsup)
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 pm

I think ya all protesting too much.

Let's get real and down to the nitty gritty.

Oldbull, what the fook ? Ya moaning about no rideouts posted and yet you don't post one fekka yasself? Wassup. ya scared?

Dark Angel? So ya post up 1 or is it 2 rides and no takers here, hardly indicative of mass apathy now is it and not grounds for despairing, so keep trying.

aj? Why the fook ya think "we" don't come to mid Wales too often?...Cos you're always fookin there that's why lol There may be some truth in the fact that some peeps wont ride or post rides for fear of other peeps they don't wanna ride with turning up , mightn't there?

Think this has been said before, but times change, personal times that is. I am very rarely able to plan for definite and stick to rides for personal reasons. Other peeps I think also. My rides are mainly ad hoc and short notice. Look at last weeks ride to Whitby for fish n chips..meet at 6.00 p.m. for fooks sakes :P This week, at 4.00 on Thursday afternoon I said "fook it", packed my panniers and rode up the Dales stopping overnight at tan Hill before bumbling back through the Lakes on Friday. Too fekkin late to post owt up wunt it now.

Anyrode, I still see no rideouts in the Rideout Section today and ya can't say no fekka's logged on today can ya. :thumbsup) If ya got a minute or two, have a wade through the Rideout Section over the years and see how many Members actually initiate a Rideout. Not fekkin many benny.

Oldbull, ya whittle too much. It's still only July and ya glass is just over half full . looking through pics yesterday of rides I've done this year with Members here and on my tod, would suggest I'm doing more riding now than ever.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Simmo wrote:Can't make this weekend :banghead)

Just say when you can and we will sort it pal, mention it to Clive :thumbsup)

Akuji wrote:I've got a little bimble next week :ride) :mrgreen:

you be careful you dont waste them tyres :roll) :mrgreen:

Eric Wrote :- Let me know if you’re still goin’ next weekend an’ I’ll join ya… :thumbsup)

Will try and get some thing sorted pal :thumbsup)

Tim Wrote : Oldbull, what the fook ? Ya moaning about no rideouts posted and yet you don't post one fekka yasself? Wassup. ya scared?

No not at all mate, if you remember I was the one that got the ball rolling for the budgie 2 run this year as well as the Jono run... until you took them over that is... My point isnt about the last minute days out, I was hoping for the Friday Saturday nights out planned weekender, so it gives everyone a chance to get there... Ive been out a lot this year as well either with a local mate/s or on my tod ... we all know you cant commit you have told us often enough but a lot of folks on here need to so they can get sorted ...

Now stop belittling everyone's replies, the forum is dead enough as it is ... I made two suggestions in my opening post which got a couple of replies,
Skipton would be another as we haven't been there for a while either, maybe with the Honister pass run which is a belter.
The weekenders when most can get together are crackers which is what I was hoping to get more of. So I put it back to the table ... The rideout can take care of itself if anyone can suggest a place for a basecamp and a few suitable dates, Friday and the Satday night usually work the best for most folks,
Suggestions very much welcome no matter what Tim says and we hopefully can go from there :thumbsup)

Edit: even if its just the one night, ita a start :mrgreen:
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Ride Out Section

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Not trying to belittle anyone ya daft twat. Just saying how I see it. Sorry, forgot about the Budgie2 run and the Borders run, well done :thumbsup) :P

Nah, weekenders have only ever been once in a blue moon here as far as I've been aware. Done more one or two overnighters this last 12 months or so than the whole last 10 years.....must be cos Im aging and getting fekked after 300 miles.

Finally, is it that time of the month Dave?
:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Just when it's all getting silly, I'll take this opertunity to throw in a curve ball :D I've just booked the last week in August for a holiday! hows about a late Borders run and head up Galloway forest way, great Scenery, lots of twisties, etc how about it then ya miserable old coonts? and it's bank hol on the monday :rockon)
get a Response here and I'll post it up on rideouts! :thumbsup)
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:45 am

jono49 wrote:Just when it's all getting silly, I'll take this opertunity to throw in a curve ball :D I've just booked the last week in August for a holiday! hows about a late Borders run and head up Galloway forest way, great Scenery, lots of twisties, etc how about it then ya miserable old coonts? and it's bank hol on the monday :rockon)

YA as bad as that coont.
"Get a response here and I'll post it up on Ridrouts" WTF :P .....chicken or the egg?

As for the OP .." so stop waiting for someone else to suggest something and post up"..what fekkin delicious irony duh
Ya couldn't make it up lol

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:39 am

Bawhahahahahahahahaha lol lol lol 8)
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:10 am

T.Murphy wrote: Dark Angel? So ya post up 1 or is it 2 rides and no takers here, hardly indicative of mass apathy now is it

...It is!! ...IT.... IS..... !!

And only one or two rides I've posted...?!!! ONE or fookin’ TWO…?!!!

…It were FOUR rideouts I posted, ya cheeky fooker…!!! :pullhair

…Anyway …Wuz gunna say I’ve never bin so insulted in me life – but – obviously – I have, so we’ll let that one go… :mrgreen:

…An’ we’re talkin’ abart next weekend, jono49 – not fookin’ August, by which time every coont’ll be even more fookin’ senile than they are now!

Who's postin' int rideout section then..?

...Hello...?
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:44 am

T.Murphy wrote:Not trying to belittle anyone ya daft twat. Just saying how I see it. Sorry, forgot about the Budgie2 run and the Borders run, well done :thumbsup) :P

Nah, weekenders have only ever been once in a blue moon here as far as I've been aware. Done more one or two overnighters this last 12 months or so than the whole last 10 years.....must be cos Im aging and getting fekked after 300 miles.

Finally, is it that time of the month Dave?
:mrgreen:

T.Murphy wrote:
jono49 wrote:Just when it's all getting silly, I'll take this opertunity to throw in a curve ball :D I've just booked the last week in August for a holiday! hows about a late Borders run and head up Galloway forest way, great Scenery, lots of twisties, etc how about it then ya miserable old coonts? and it's bank hol on the monday :rockon)

YA as bad as that coont.
"Get a response here and I'll post it up on Ridrouts" WTF :P .....chicken or the egg?

As for the OP .." so stop waiting for someone else to suggest something and post up"..what fekkin delicious irony duh
Ya couldn't make it up lol

Tim shut the fook up for once and let some one else have a chance to post an option/ opinion... :banghead) ( Monthly withdrawals not hormonal ...yet :getthis) )

@ Jono .. sounds good to me pal, I was hoping for at least one more up your way before weve done... Downside of those dates is the IOM classics and the Irish bash same time I think.. worth posting up to see who what available tho

Edit: When Simmos club going up ??
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Will I fekk as like shut up.

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

You asked a question in the OP on the open floor of the forum. You didn't say I couldn't offer an opinion and you didn't say for anyone not to post owt you don't agree with or better still understand..

.and you still havent posted a Rideout in the Rideout Section since last fookin year contrary to the main gist of the OP. What the fook. :-?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am

T.Murphy wrote:
aj? Why the fook ya think "we" don't come to mid Wales too often?...Cos you're always fookin there that's why lol
There may be some truth in the fact that some peeps wont ride or post rides for fear of other peeps
they don't wanna ride with turning up , mightn't there?

comments like that and you (we) wonder why ixxra has become ghostly...why would anyone bother.... :rolleyes:
when they know in advance that a put down will soon be winging it way from admin (you)... :thumbsup)

well done yet again... :getthis)

retards
aj :mrgreen:

for the rest of you.... here are some instructions on how to disorganise a ride out... duh

1) select date/dates

2) advise meeting times and place(s)

3) put up a route map..(optional)

4) invite participation...

5) wait for smurph to give permission then take over the ride... lol

that's it... no debate about dates places etc etc....peeps come or they dont... 8)

retards again
aj... lol

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Akuji » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Borders sounds good to me but I think we're completing on our new house that weekend. I'll check with the brief. Only count me in if that miserable old fart from Sheffield ain't going :wink) :mrgreen:
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:37 pm

I might keep my powder dry for a day or two as an event on the same weekend has been brought to my attention :-? I'll be back 8)
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:06 pm

jono49 wrote:I might keep my powder dry for a day or two as an event on the same weekend has been brought to my attention :-? I'll be back 8)

Reeth trials perchance? Looks tempting. :ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jono49 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Nah.... the Manx GP as I never got to the superbike race on Saturday TT week due to the weather, it's a possibilty that another trip may be made to the Manx via Boat from Whitehaven harbour :thumbsup)
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 am

The Manx is the weekend after the classics which is for the newcomers and get a mixture of all ages wanting to race the IOM. The bikes are modern stuff if you want but can only go upto 600cc. Although they now incorporate the two together and are allowed to practice together to keep the road closures to the usual fortnight .
You get two types of folk there tho, the older guys (our age plus :bigcry: ) for the classics and the young guns for the Manx but for some strange reason the majority of the old guys go home before the Manx which personally I find rather strange because you can get the best of both worlds and it gives you a taste of the main TT...
My mates are returning again this year on the Thursday before the Manx and I still havent booked yet, We usually go for 10 days or a week and Im looking for someone to share the costs with me... If you fancy it Jono, be prepared to get yer pants down for the ferry prices :banghead) but everyone who likes bikes should at least do it once :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby grant57 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:45 am

I am up for a borders run as long as it does not clash with the O'Bash

Grant
grant57
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Oldbull » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 am

grant57 wrote:I am up for a borders run as long as it does not clash with the O'Bash

Grant

Grant go here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26209 and put the dates up you can make it ,

Myself, Tim, Jono and quite a few others can not make the Obash dates either so no worries there :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn