Picture Posting ....again...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Picture Posting ....again...

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:15 am

I know one or two peeps have "complained" about difficulties encountered when trying (unsuccessfully) to post photos/images in any other way other than using the upload directly from your computer facility. This problem has been going on a while now and more and more peeps are encountering it, including myself.

I spoke to Wobbs several weeks ago regarding this and he was made aware of the problem. ...then he mentioned that "me and aj" did summink a couple or three years ago to help with posting pics. :shock) fekk me, the Master Photographer getting involved. No wonder fook all works as now, I cant seem to post pics from anywhere other than direct off my poota now, no images/cartoons or owt pinched off the web direct, nope. Spent hours tonight trying to post pics from Photobucket/Flikr/Smugmug/Picasa/web images....all to no avail....just keep getting this

( pic uploaded direct from my poota!)

ixxra pic posting.jpg

I will chase this up cos its doing my head in. No good posting a link on Faecesbook to someone's 30,000 picture album of a recent rideout...I'm just not fekkin interested in trawling through someone else's holiday pics...fook me didn't we learn of those horrors when visiting ya Aunts and Uncles?

and before ya start whinging aj wind ya neck in....it's just tongue in cheek, irrespective of your past history at fuckups. ( I sit here typing this wearing a Honda Blackbird 10th Anniversary T-Shirt 1997-2007)

lol

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Picture Posting ....again...

Postby barsteward » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:19 am

So when it becomes a problem to you yer start whinging and moaning yer fookin thick coont.screwy

You'd better get Akoojikoo on board even that muppet can post pictures without a problem :thumbsup)

Hook well and truly bated. :mrgreen:
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:17 am

Feckin moanin coont!

I 'ate fookin complainers me, I do... :mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 am

Tim, the host sites ie Cloud, Google Drive, BT cloud etc etc do not like the hot linking option, in the old days it would have been because bandwidth limits but today I would say its because of security, personal details etc etc.. and it dosent let the forum see the picture properties ie file type and size.

First option you can try is set the furum picture size limit to 'Unlimited' and see what happens, its currently set at w2048 x h1536 pixels.
I Think they are automatically resized when being uploaded to the clouds etc when they are put in the shared option folder, so in theory the size shouldnt be a problem
then to the forum...

other option is put an automatic resizing tool on the forum, I think there is one for the phpBB boards and then upload as normal to here. Its the resizing bit thats a ballache to some...

Fookin ironic really, I have 50GB of BT Cloud webspace free with my internet connection and cant use it the way that Id like... :banghead) that would be enough for all of us to use one here and more..

Ive had a fook about here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25668&p=233968#p233968 and its all about the forum being able to see the picture properties pal
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Oldbull wrote:Tim, the host sites ie Cloud, Google Drive, BT cloud etc etc do not like the hot linking option, in the old days it would have been because bandwidth limits but today I would say its because of security, personal details etc etc.. and it dosent let the forum see the picture properties ie file type and size.

First option you can try is set the furum picture size limit to 'Unlimited' and see what happens, its currently set at w2048 x h1536 pixels.
I Think they are automatically resized when being uploaded to the clouds etc when they are put in the shared option folder, so in theory the size shouldnt be a problem
then to the forum...
I
other option is put an automatic resizing tool on the forum, I think there is one for the phpBB boards and then upload as normal to here. Its the resizing bit thats a ballache to some...

Fookin ironic really, I have 50GB of BT Cloud webspace free with my internet connection and cant use it the way that Id like... :banghead) that would be enough for all of us to use one here and more..

Ive had a fook about here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25668&p=233968#p233968 and its all about the forum being able to see the picture properties pal

Dave. Cheers for explanation, but I find it all goes above my head. Fact is, pics have become nigh on impossible to post here other than from IXXRA album or one's own poota. The problem has got worse this year AFAIA . Canteven post pics from photobucket that are10 years old so hardly huge files even though uploaded too PB as 640x480 size. Regards settings and suchlike....this is totally beyond my capabilities AND not something I would be allowed to touch and rightly so. So, its down to Wobbs to sort.

I dont have any of these problems on any other Forums, even The Dark Side allows me to post pics with ease and from wherever the source may be and contrary to the whinging smug cnuts over there that insist you can only post pics if you've "Sponsored/paid" to.

Going to ring Wobbs again later, see how it goes.

Barsteward, a message, :getthis)

:pullhair bollox. Tried posting this and got the red warning above
"The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again". Anyone else get this? Get it regular and have to resubmit. Usually works ok. :banghead)
...........and breatheeeeeeeeeeee.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:53 pm

IMAG0124.jpg
There,s only one good ride!!!!!
One that you return home safely from!!!!! Make sure you do!!!!!
Casualty is full of people who thought they new better

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Coventry At the Weekends!!!! In the week....Fooooook no's

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Fooooooooooooooooookin doddle :thumbsup) :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:59 pm

A program called irfanview is a good program to resize pics :thumbsup) :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:04 pm

TRIPPO wrote:Fooooooooooooooooookin doddle :thumbsup) :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Read the fookin thread ya brainless knobsac. Yea, a doddle uploading direct off ya poota. :banghead) Eady, piece of piss yes we fekkin know.

I take it that your Admin duties on Bikerforum encompass the same duties as I have on here in my Admin capacity eh. Fekkin forum clown :mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:09 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
TRIPPO wrote:Fooooooooooooooooookin doddle :thumbsup) :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

Read the fookin thread ya brainless knobsac. Yea, a doddle uploading direct off ya poota. :banghead) Eady, piece of piss yes we fekkin know.

I take it that your Admin duties on Bikerforum encompass the same duties as I have on here in my Admin capacity eh. Fekkin forum clown :mrgreen:

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Tell Wobs to alter the pic size to unlimited then pal
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Oldbull wrote:Tell Wobs to alter the pic size to unlimited then pal

That would sort it :thumbsup)

I wouldn't have thought that there is never enough pics posted to fill the bandwidth is there :)

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:56 pm

TRIPPO wrote:

I wouldn't have thought that there is never enough pics posted to fill the bandwidth is there :)

Not at the moment .....cos no fooker can post one :mrgreen: lol
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby TRIPPO » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:10 pm

barsteward wrote:
TRIPPO wrote:

Not at the moment .....cos no fooker can post one :mrgreen: lol

Yabastid :banghead) You just made me dribble some pee I was laughing that much lol

Regards John

TRIPPO
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:59 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Oldbull wrote:Tim, the host sites ie Cloud, Google Drive, BT cloud etc etc do not like the hot linking option, in the old days it would have been because bandwidth limits but today I would say its because of security, personal details etc etc.. and it dosent let the forum see the picture properties ie file type and size.

then to the forum...
I

Dave. Cheers for explanation, but I find it all goes above my head. Fact is, pics have become nigh on impossible to post here other than from IXXRA album or one's own poota. The problem has got worse this year AFAIA . Canteven post pics from photobucket that are10 years old so hardly huge files even though uploaded too PB as 640x480 size. Regards settings and suchlike....this is totally beyond my capabilities AND not something I would be allowed to touch and rightly so. So, its down to Wobbs to sort.

I dont have any of these problems on any other Forums, even The Dark Side allows me to post pics with ease and from wherever the source may be and contrary to the whinging smug cnuts over there that insist you can only post pics if you've "Sponsored/paid" to.

"The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again". Anyone else get this? Get it regular and have to resubmit. Usually works ok. :banghead)

Always get invalid try sending again :banghead) but it usually goes second time

image.jpg

By the way Sent this from my phone !!!!
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Simmo wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:

then to the forum...
I

Ive had a fook about here http://ixxra.co.uk/v-web/phpBB3/viewtop ... 68#p233968 and its all about the forum being able to see the picture properties pal

Always get invalid try sending again :banghead) but it usually goes second time

image.jpg

By the way Sent this from my phone !!!!

Yeh!!!! but when??? you took the fooker 18months ago :clap: :clap: yer just reinforcing the op point. :D
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby Simmo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Ah c what your saying now :banghead)
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:13 pm

So much nastiness and aggression here isn't there?

:mrgreen: the

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 pm

every pic i take is 5000x3500 23meg....no friggin chance on here.. :P

face book doesn't have any issues....... cant be assed to resize just for here
for it then it tell me they are still to big having complied with the file size requirements... duh duh :banghead)

face book link or nowt...that's the way it will be... :thumbsup)

regards 8)
aj

.... neck in...out..and shaken all about... lol

any one can go see my pic folders... they are open to public viewing for all to enjoy or not....at any time.. :wink)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 272732%3A6

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Whippit Inn