Matlock Bath Protest Ride

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby Oldbull » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Matlock Bath Protest Ride

Postby Oldbull » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:06 pm

Ill take that as a no then....

from what ive read on farcebook, council have backed down and dropped the proposed charges :rockon) :thumbsup)

buttt the ride is still on as far as im aware :)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:18 am

Oldbull wrote:Ill take that as a no then....

from what ive read on farcebook, council have backed down and dropped the proposed charges :rockon) :thumbsup)

Yes, Ive heard that too Dave. Not that I was going anyrode. Cant think of owt worse...a fekkin procession to errr where and for who to see or meet? Got me colours and tassles in the wash too and wouldnt be dry in time. The so called proposal was never going to happen anyways now was it? Been mooted before and never came to owt.

Slightly off topic Dave but on the subject of sumink else I've already said that I think will never happen not while Ive got a hole in my arse is that GP circuit in Ebbw Vale. Im 'avin a bit of a rethink on this after doing some searching. Initial poo pooing disbelief as I dont read and wouldnt believe a fekkin word of owt thats spouted out of the MCN. Howeva'........go do a search for the actual website of 'Circuit of Wales' and there seems to be a lot more meat on the bones of this. Obviously the proposal and promotion of it has been done very professionally on the website and they have come a long way so far with the plans and the governmental cooperation. Looking quite promising up to a point. Fekk me , have a good look at the actual site location. jawdropping The eastern most side of the circuit is about a hundred yards from my Mam and Dads house! That whole site I have yomped over throughout my early to mid teens, its a beautiful wilderness up there and I will be very sad to see it go.

Wouldnt fancy sitting in the stands up on Mynydd Llangynidr watching Moto GP bikes getting blown across the moors ehile its raining horizontally. :shock)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Cyclops » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:50 am

T.Murphy wrote:
Oldbull wrote:Ill take that as a no then....

Yes, Ive heard that too Dave. Not that I was going anyrode. Cant think of owt worse...a fekkin procession to errr where and for who to see or meet? Got me colours and tassles in the wash too and wouldnt be dry in time. The so called proposal was never going to happen anyways now was it? Been mooted before and never came to owt.

Slightly off topic Dave but on the subject of sumink else I've already said that I think will never happen not while Ive got a hole in my arse is that GP circuit in Ebbw Vale. Im 'avin a bit of a rethink on this after doing some searching. Initial poo pooing disbelief as I dont read and wouldnt believe a fekkin word of owt thats spouted out of the MCN. Howeva'........go do a search for the actual website of 'Circuit of Wales' and there seems to be a lot more meat on the bones of this. Obviously the proposal and promotion of it has been done very professionally on the website and they have come a long way so far with the plans and the governmental cooperation. Looking quite promising up to a point. Fekk me , have a good look at the actual site location. jawdropping The eastern most side of the circuit is about a hundred yards from my Mam and Dads house! That whole site I have yomped over throughout my early to mid teens, its a beautiful wilderness up there and I will be very sad to see it go.

Wouldnt fancy sitting in the stands up on Mynydd Llangynidr watching Moto GP bikes getting blown across the moors ehile its raining horizontally. :shock)

Hi Dave not going as will be at work also it will be a nightmare :D

Circuit was supposed to be open this year, begs the question did you quote for building it Tim :shock)
BANNED

Half blind and brain dead.
Cyclops
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Simmo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:54 am

Staying slightly of topic with Tim on the circuit of Wales ,

Last year the circuit of Wales was all run by Silverstone at silverstone, that was great as we had a deal with cheap tickets, as we (Omc) spend about £10,000 on tickets and get free infield parking .

,this year the circuit of Wales are "hiring " Silverstone and doing all the promoting , selling tickets etc so we are now negotiating with them for tickets (should know in the next couple of weeks )

So next year will be the first circuit of Wales GP in Wales run by Taffy's
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Simmo wrote:Staying slightly of topic with Tim on the circuit of Wales ,

Last year the circuit of Wales was all run by Silverstone at silverstone, that was great as we had a deal with cheap tickets, as we (Omc) spend about £10,000 on tickets and get free infield parking .

,this year the circuit of Wales are "hiring " Silverstone and doing all the promoting , selling tickets etc so we are now negotiating with them for tickets (should know in the next couple of weeks )

10 grand on tickets? jawdropping

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Simmo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:19 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Simmo wrote:Staying slightly of topic with Tim on the circuit of Wales ,

10 grand on tickets? jawdropping

Yep around £10,000 / 100 to 150 tickets

So we should get a bit of discount on the tickets depends on the Taffy's
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:57 am

I was thinking more along the lines of going for a looksee not so much as joining in with the procession (traffic jam)... just an excuse to get the bike oot loike :smile:

Council have backed down now but getting a few reactions on farcebook from the cage drivers.... ie they should be made to pay like the rest of us etc etc :roll)

Tim, Ive been following the developments of the circuit of Wales from the beginning mate , its just you that chose not to believe me :roll) :wink)

Originally they were in cahoots with Donnington instead of Siverstone as Donni is more 'the' bike circuit compared to the boringly flat F1 airplane runway called Silverstone.
Donni ran out of money and couldnt even afford to host the GP at the time so they had to go back to Silvo cap in hand. The Wales circuit has got the GP contract for 10 years
before they even started but have had to surrender the first three rounds to Silvo while the circuit gets finished.

Isnt the site from the old steel works which used to run nearly the whole length of the valley ... My grandad used to work there and I used to walk up to meet him from work when I was a kid... They lived in Cwm for most of their lives and we used to visit every school holliday... Loved it down there I did ..... cant believe how run down its got since our last visit :(
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:05 pm

xx ì
Oldbull wrote:

Tim, Ive been following the developments of the circuit of Wales from the beginning mate , its just you that chose not to believe me :roll) :wink)

Isnt the site from the old steel works which used to run nearly the whole length of the valley ... My grandad used to work there and I used to walk up to meet him from work when I was a kid... They lived in Cwm for most of their lives and we used to visit every school holliday... Loved it down there I did ..... cant believe how run down its got since our last visit :(

From the above I still assume your information source has been solely from the MCN or MotoGP website? . Put the cart behind the horse for a moment and go study in detail the Circuit of Wales website including the pdf documents. (Never mind whos got contract for what GP race , how much stand tickets are and what about parking....thats all a bit in front of ourselves ).
I thought ya gramps was from Victoria Terrace at the bottom end of the works......opposite the coke ovens just below Garden City? ( apologies if not, must be confusing you with an old workmate who also had a gramps from Ebbw).
Anyrode, no matter, Victoria Terrace or Cwm.....either place couldnt be further away from the proposed circuit site Dave. The site is just north of the Heads of the Valley road just above the estate of Rassau, nowhere near the old steelworks site. Its up on the moors. As I say, go look at the website

http://www.circuitofwales.com/planning/

Theres a lot of documents to read, inc pics; lots of pics of area and visual impacts. Info on environment, geography, drainage, climate, you name it its there. (Theres also an issue with a main North Sea gas pipeline that runs east to west across the moors just alongside the circuit site. Its a massive pipeline too....remember it being constructed mebbe late sixties as I used to go up there after school when they'd all fekked off, and spend all evening starting the machines up....the big dumpers were fekkin great fun as you just couldn't crash on the moors.

I digress.....go look in detail at the nitty gritty and to where they are now with it.

:thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:44 pm

ahhh ok pal, Dont know why but Ive always had it in my head that it was on the old steel works site for some reason :P

Thats why I couldnt understand why the nature reservists etc were kicking off so much about it cos theres fook all there :roll)

Anyway your right about the weather going to be a massive factor up there :shock) is that why they were altering the road infrastructure around there, when we
went up last year ?? One good thing for sure is that the area desperately needs it for the revenue that it will bring... :clap:

Must be your mates gramps from Victoria pal, mine lived on William st in Cwm :thumbsup)

btw settle another argument while your on a roll, what year did they build the swimming pool in Ebbw ?? I remember it being for the commonwealth games or summat if that rings any bells... Im saying 1960 my bro is saying 70
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Oldbull wrote:ahhh ok pal, Dont know why but Ive always had it in my head that it was on the old steel works site for some reason :P

Thats why I couldnt understand why the nature reservists etc were kicking off so much about it cos theres fook all there :roll)

Anyway your right about the weather going to be a massive factor up there :shock) is that why they were altering the road infrastructure around there, when we
went up last year ?? One good thing for sure is that the area desperately needs it for the revenue that it will bring... :clap:

Must be your mates gramps from Victoria pal, mine lived on William st in Cwm :thumbsup)

btw settle another argument while your on a roll, what year did they build the swimming pool in Ebbw ?? I remember it being for the commonwealth games or summat if that rings any bells... Im saying 1960 my bro is saying 70

Ha, thats an essy one. The "pool" opened in 1964 and I "passed" my swimming test, Bronze Cerstificate :wink) a year later . School bus took us down from Garnlydan Junior every Tuesday. In 1965 I had my first proper kiss at the 6 foot, middle part of the pool off Mandy Bevan, a swimming competetive goddess, who was loads older than me, being in Secondary school first year. First try proper with a pair of wonderful tits and darent get out of the pool for an hour until it had gone down :shock)

Your bro might be confusing the Empire Pool in Cardiff which was built for the Commonwealth Games in 1958.

Anyrode, back to Circuit of Wales. You had a look at the maps? 'Tis indeed a bleak and exposed place . I really cant make my mind up whether I'd like to see it happen or not, but thats just mebeing sentimental and selfish. :|

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn