Exhaust`s needed !

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Exhaust`s needed !

Postby Sircular » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:24 am

Hi guys, I`m after a pair of exhausts for my b/bird. It`s a carb`d `97, and the internal baffles have gave up, on what must be, the original silencers. Performance has dropped a little &, it was a little too loud for my liking. Stuffed some stainless pan scrubbers in them,(took them off & put the stainless into front end) & they`re doing a good job of quietening her for now. Bin looking around on tinternet, some available, but of unknown condition.(most with external damage from crashed machines). Also I`ve made enquiries about re-packing. The silencers on the B/bird don`t have any "packing" to replace. They`ve only got metal baffles internally. Anyway, I`d like to keep them original if poss` So, anyone know if there are any "new old stock" available anywhere ? or any other ideas for me ? Thanks, kind regards, Sircular. :thumbsup)
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Exhaust`s needed !

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:05 pm

I've got 2 Sets of non catted OEM Cans which would be suitable (plus a set of unsuitable catted ones) in fair condition knocking around, take your pick.

FOC if you want to arrange for shipping/collection.

No Pics to hand sorry and probs cant get any till later in the week as in GFs garage
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: Exhaust`s needed !

Postby Sircular » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi mikeyw64, Thanks for the offer of your silencers, but I managed to source a pair of nearly new, for a good price. Kind regards, Sircular. :thumbsup)
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn