Coke(98FI) on Dyno

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Coke(98FI) on Dyno

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:25 pm

REA Racing in Whalley had a dyno day at the weekend (£20) so took Coke my recently acquired 98 FI up (yes I said 98FI, 99 model year registered in Dec 98) with 92k on the clock

To the best of my knowledge she is standard apart from running Piepwerx cans with baffles out(came with Microns but I've swapped those onto Pepsi) and is also fitted with something called a Nitro X Fuel Commander which as far as I can tell (linky) simply replaces the IAT with a set of adjustments to trick the ECU into altering its fueling. Seem to be about £40 of the bay of fleas etc.

Anyways first run was with the dip switches se to all on (which is where they were when I got her) , that gave a shade over 140bhp@the rear wheel, Ben then set them to all off and got 143.8.

Think may have to book in a bit more time and have a fuller play

http://sharetheexperience.co.uk/Images/cokedyno.jpg
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: Coke(98FI) on Dyno

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:28 pm

How are you getting on with the "new" one, cosmetically as well as owt else mechanically Mikey ?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby mikeyw64 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:42 pm

T.Murphy wrote:How are you getting on with the "new" one, cosmetically as well as owt else mechanically Mikey ?

WHich new one ;)

The Blue 2000 (aka Pepsi) is running sweet as and no further issues now that the loom fix has been done properly and the stator/regulator/battery replaced

The Red 1998 (aka Coke) had a very small coolant leak from what appeared to be a brand new Radiator but a bottle of radweld seems to have sorted that. Going to use her for work for a few days

Meanwhile Tango (Orange 2004) is laid up and needs the engine looking at , got a nasty knock from low down at the front.

The general plan at this point is that Pepsi is going to stay as my road bike (panniers are off being colour matched).

Coke will become the new Tango for track use. Have got an Ohlins that needs servicing/new spring to fit at the rear and the front is going to have Andreani cartridges/springs fitted.

Meanwhile the original Tango will likely become a donor bike for the other two or if I get the engine sorted go back on Road as the new Coke but set up for solo use with no luggage
mikeyw64
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 am

mikeyw64 wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:How are you getting on with the "new" one, cosmetically as well as owt else mechanically Mikey ?

WHich new one ;)

The Blue 2000 (aka Pepsi) is running sweet as and no further issues now that the loom fix has been done properly and the stator/regulator/battery replaced

The Red 1998 (aka Coke) had a very small coolant leak from what appeared to be a brand new Radiator but a bottle of radweld seems to have sorted that. Going to use her for work for a few days

Meanwhile Tango (Orange 2004) is laid up and needs the engine looking at , got a nasty knock from low down at the front.

The general plan at this point is that Pepsi is going to stay as my road bike (panniers are off being colour matched).

Coke will become the new Tango for track use. Have got an Ohlins that needs servicing/new spring to fit at the rear and the front is going to have Andreani cartridges/springs fitted.

Meanwhile the original Tango will likely become a donor bike for the other two or if I get the engine sorted go back on Road as the new Coke but set up for solo use with no luggage

:thumbsup) :clap:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn