EH?!!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

EH?!!

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Just to put this into context: I bought the R1 at the end of September, this year. Obviously, I had to familiarise myself with my new toy, so my Blackbird stayed under the covers for a month or so. When I next returned to the ‘Bird, unsurprisingly, the battery was flat. :roll)

This morning, awakening to a mist that would surely clear to sun later in the day, I dug out the battery charger with thoughts of reviving the R1 for a bit of a run out this afternoon. I checked the ignition and, as expected, no lights, no hisses of alarm or fuel priming – nada. duh

Let me add here that I know I turned the key all the way.

Unconcerned and unsurprised I disconnected the battery and hooked up the charger, planning a two-hour break before my little adventure. All was well, as the charger lights informed me, and I went back into the house for a minute or so before deciding to make a brew. (Now – here comes the scary bit. :-?

As I filled the kettle, the habit of a lifetime forced me to scan the charger to ensure all was well...
...and the battery was fully charged! :shock) It was, I tell you, it was!

I went out and checked that the clips hadn’t slipped and caused a short, or anything daft like – and they were fine. So I re-connected the battery and the bike turned over and started like it was a new ‘un!!

So – is this a Christmas miracle – or is it just them fookin' Yamaha fairies having a little fun? :happy santa

:mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: EH?!!

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Bit of damp in the barrel or summink, not quite making full connection.?

Or just boogeymen? :shock)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: EH?!!

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Response frumt Yammer-ar forum...

"Don't dwell on it just be happy the fooking thing started" Image

...What more dya need? lol

:cool: Lovely affy out - turns nippy quick though, dunnit?! snowman :mrgreen:
Dark Angel