Quiet on 'ere again

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Quiet on 'ere again

Postby bluegas » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Not much happening on here is there....and the dark side going tits up again looks like Facebook is the place to be. Even the In me edd thread has dried up. :-?
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Facebook Fatuous Fickle Fookers

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm

bluegas wrote:Not much happening on here is there....and the dark side going tits up again looks like Facebook is the place to be. Even the In me edd thread has dried up. :-?

Yes, it's pretty dire here isnt it. It is as busy as what everyone wants it to be. What comes first, the chicken or the egg sorta thing.

Facebook? Nah. I 'use' it /look in on a daily basis but it really isnt comparable to the forum format as far as Im concerned. Facebook is just veneer pretty much vaccuous shite if you ask me. OK for some stuff....I have enjoyed keeping tabs on Smileymiley, Ro-Ro, DA, Lozza ;) Jono, Alan and Daveb's travels recently for example but they are all momentary moments posted....here today, gone tomorrow. When tomorrow comes, there's fook all left! The beauty of it is its ease of use and instant access, but its only skin deep.

As for 'forum' interest groups moving to Facebook.....nope, do nothing for me, although it must work for some peeps as evidenced by the very good turnout of the Honda Blackbird page riders, or was it the XX Blackbird Owners group, oh I cant remember, theres that many fekkin different 'pages' Ive given up, at the Ponderosa recently. Very impressive, although just turning up for a wekend on the piss and no several hundred miles bimble doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.
Why is that then? Looking at the Facebook page it might have summink to do with err, socio demographics if thats the right word ? ( I just made that up) . The content there, barring one or two or three contributors , is errr, hardly intellectually stimulating, prolly xx due to the Blackbird now being so cheap, that any coont can buy one. Using the Forum format is also prolly ;) beyond the capability of the new type of owner, Facebook being just about their fookin 'barrer' prolly ;)
All they really need is for Derek Kelly to join them.

Dont know where its going to end up but I cant see this place or the Dark Side lasting much longer which is a great pity personally, as I have met and made friends with so many people in both places. Have learned so much about the Bird too from both sites.

How ever long it lasts though, I have had a fookin great time.

:ride)

(I am a snob)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Quiet on 'ere again

Postby Simmo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:46 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
bluegas wrote:Not much happening on here is there....and the dark side going tits up again looks like Facebook is the place to be. Even the In me edd thread has dried up. :-?

Yes, it's pretty dire here isnt it. It is as busy as what everyone wants it to be. What comes first, the chicken or the egg sorta thing.

Facebook? Nah. I 'use' it /look in on a daily basis but it really isnt comparable to the forum format as far as Im concerned. Facebook is just veneer pretty much vaccuous shite if you ask me. OK for some stuff....I have enjoyed keeping tabs on Smileymiley, Ro-Ro, DA, Lozza ;) Jono, Alan and Daveb's travels recently for example but they are all momentary moments posted....here today, gone tomorrow. When tomorrow comes, there's fook all left! The beauty of it is its ease of use and instant access, but its only skin deep.

As for 'forum' interest groups moving to Facebook.....nope, do nothing for me, although it must work for some peeps as evidenced by the very good turnout of the Honda Blackbird page riders, or was it the XX Blackbird Owners group, oh I cant remember, theres that many fekkin different 'pages' Ive given up, at the Ponderosa recently. Very impressive, although just turning up for a wekend on the piss and no several hundred miles bimble doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.
Why is that then? Looking at the Facebook page it might have summink to do with err, socio demographics if thats the right word ? ( I just made that up) . The content there, barring one or two or three contributors , is errr, hardly intellectually stimulating, prolly xx due to the Blackbird now being so cheap, that any coont can buy one. Using the Forum format is also prolly ;) beyond the capability of the new type of owner, Facebook being just about their fookin 'barrer' prolly ;)
All they really need is for Derek Kelly to join them.

Dont know where its going to end up but I cant see this place or the Dark Side lasting much longer which is a great pity personally, as I have met and made friends with so many people in both places. Have learned so much about the Bird too from both sites.

How ever long it lasts though, I have had a fookin great time.

:ride)

(I am a snob)

A foooking Northern Snob :mrgreen: :ride)
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 pm

bluegas wrote:Not much happening on here is there... Even the In me edd thread has dried up.

,,,Fuffooks-ache... :banghead)

I've just done abart 3,000 miles in Franco/Spic Mow-Oh Gee Pee land
an' you're cryin' cos the "In Me Edd" thread's "dried up". :rolleyes:

Gerrout on yer fookin' bike, ya coont... :getthis) duh screwy :mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bluegas » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Dark Angel wrote:
bluegas wrote:Not much happening on here is there... Even the In me edd thread has dried up.

,,,Fuffooks-ache... :banghead)

I've just done abart 3,000 miles in Franco/Spic Mow-Oh Gee Pee land
an' you're cryin' cos the "In Me Edd" thread's "dried up". :rolleyes:

Gerrout on yer fookin' bike, ya coont... :getthis) duh screwy :mrgreen:

No time for riding, I use all me spare time keeping up with what's happening on Facebook. And it's too hot.
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:17 pm

bluegas wrote:No time for riding, I use all me spare time keeping up with what's happening on Facebook. And it's too hot.

Bwahahahahahahaaaarrr! rotfl

It were abart 20 degrees when we landed back in Blighty - we 'ad ter put us jumpers on fert cowd jawdropping

....temperature drop of 17 degrees from where we'd bin... :-P

Too 'ot...? :-?

...Shurrup moanin'- yer know fook-all abart 'eat... :mrgreen:
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Shooda taken the plane, ya daft bugga. I've been back for 10 days. :getthis)
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 am

Barrie wrote:Shooda taken the plane, ya daft bugga.

...You flew over 'em... :roll)

Route Napoleon.jpg

...We rode through 'em... :rockon)
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:52 am

It WAS nice 'n' quiet on 'ear Blewgas. Now look what you fekkin done eh!?

:roll)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:23 am

I would rather have taken your mode of transport, DA. Circumstances dictated otherwise. :-(
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:49 am

Barrie wrote:I would rather have taken your mode of transport, DA. Circumstances dictated otherwise.

Understood, lad... :cool:

...at least you've still got enough gumption to get out of the house, eh? Image

...unlike some...

Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:00 pm

I may be old, Eric but sitting on my arse in the house isn't for me, yet.
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Barrie wrote:I may be old, Eric but sitting on my arse in the house isn't for me, yet.

Image Image Image
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby dufus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am

A mixture really, how many just in here and the other place actually have a bird anymore? Most seem to sell at the last minute as their last bike due to health reasons as they start to wrap up their bike career. With very little new blood coming through, those that do, very few can afford a 175mph bike on the insurance even if they are cheap.

As to the dark side, that is firmly at Oracles doorstep and their recent server change which seems to have wiped out most of the forums linked to Oracle, here is a statement from them explaining a bit http://vfr.bikersoracle.com/ The other side is like here but a bit more livelier but still small ever decreasing numbers. I don't think John having a stroke has helped either given he pushes things along.

I use very few motorcycle forums now but wonder if the situation here is becoming the same in other motorcycle forums with a lack of inputs or, it could be everyone is actually out riding? jawdropping
dufus
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Fuffooks-ache, cheer up ya set o' moanin' bastids! lol

It’s just natural wastage. :roll)

The days are long gone when most were out every weekend, clubbing, getting pissed and generally having fun. :twisted)

Nowadays, I usually buy our booze at the supermarket and spend nights watching TV/doodling ont computer/cooking/washing up/falling asleep int chair. :mrgreen:

It’s the same with bikes – most folk lose their enthusiasm for that specific activity and change their behaviour, leaving the “die-hards” to mumble,
grumble and reminisce about “the good old days”. duh

...Well... The old days have been and gone... :rolleyes:

Why not focus on enjoyin' termorrer? :eyebrows)
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Still got my Blackbird, after 17 years. I use the ST1300 more than the 'bird but still enjoy a day out on it.
As for 'bird, it has become a forum for some people to antagonise others. Very little activity about bikes or ride outs etc, just one-up-manship. Please, someone tell me to shut the fook up, I sound like I give a shit. :moon)
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Barrie wrote:Still got my Blackbird, after 17 years. I use the ST1300 more than the 'bird but still enjoy a day out on it.
As for 'bird, it has become a forum for some people to antagonise others. Very little activity about bikes or ride outs etc, just one-up-manship. Please, someone tell me to shut the fook up, I sound like I give a shit. :moon)

Shut the fook up Barrie.

:mrgreen:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 am

Well... At least it's soundin' a bit more positive, loike. :roll)

I've had a few 'Birds - defected to one o' these for two years... ;)

...then came back to the fold. :mrgreen:

...Turnin' into a proper little sewin' circle on 'ere, nar, innit? lol

rotfl
Dark Angel
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:52 pm

That has fookin creased me up DA. Now who do the two seamstresses sound like?

Bwahahahahah rotfl rotfl

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:54 pm

.......and not one single mench of the fablious Moto GP on Sunday eh?

( got it saved and watched it a couple of times already. What a fekkin race that was. :notworthy)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Oh, and you can shut the fok up too before you start. howdy

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:57 pm

........or as me Mam used to say, "dont look at me in that tone of voice" :-P

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:07 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Barrie wrote:Still got my Blackbird, after 17 years. I use the ST1300 more than the 'bird but still enjoy a day out on it.

Shut the fook up Barrie.

Thanks, Tim.
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby bluegas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:31 pm

T.Murphy wrote:.......and not one single mench of the fablious Moto GP on Sunday eh?

( got it saved and watched it a couple of times already. What a fekkin race that was. :notworthy)

Didn't know there was a race on :oops) formula one was very good though...
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Barrie wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:

Shut the fook up Barrie.

Thanks, Tim.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Next

Return to The Whippit Inn