"Adventure" bikes

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

"Adventure" bikes

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:34 pm

"Adventure" bikes. What the fook is that all about then eh?

Line them all up...Crosstourer, Super Tenere, GS, Multistrada, Trumpet, the lot. Line them up, walk 50 yards or so away and what do you see? A load of identical sit up and beg, and lets be truthful, ugly and not aesthetic one bit, wire wheeled, pseudo off road for African/Icelandic trail bikes with panniers to take you to Tesco/Sainsbury/Waitrose/Lidle/Aldi (delete as necessary) designed for silly old coonts, that are too fookin old/fat/short/arthritic etc to ride a proper bike. Then listen to them salivate over how fookin fast they are, how they can keep up with this that and the other. Still in a pissing contest at your age you lot? This plorifer. proliforati, plofilera, profilera, popularity is quite distasteful really isn't it. Fukkin Ewan and Charlie fookin wannabes if you ask me. "shall we have a look up this forest track?" "Yes, we can leave the bikes in the car park, don't want to muddy the new Akro and besides, them wire wheels are such coonts to keep clean!"

Line a load of bikes up and have a look from 100 yards away.....the Blackbird and Ducati 916 will stand out and be instantly identifiable; no coont will know or care what the others are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t80UDdbV3Mk

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: "Adventure" bikes

Postby Simmo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:26 pm

They would not stand out as much as the busa,Why because it’s so ugly rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Fatbert » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:51 pm

T.Murphy wrote:"Adventure" bikes. What the fook is that all about then eh?

...........are too fookin old/fat/short/arthritic etc to ride a proper bike. .....

Correct ya welsh-wannabee Yorkshire Coont - on all 4 counts

But if ya wanna try and keep up, then please come on and have a go?

My skinny 150 section rear hoop against your fat bloated 180 lump of Dunlop lard?

My bottoming-out front upside down "Adventure" forks set as hard as they go - against your MotoGP Ohlins?

1237cc V4 smooth as silk auto-gearbox straight off a pizza delivery scooter against your WSBK chamfered edge clutchless changes quick-shifting gearbox?

Modern state-of-the-art electronics with Traction Control/Launch Control/AntiLock Braking Control/Birth Control against your prehistoric reg/rec reliability?

Bring it on Phylis

Last year - Blade and a Gixxer came up either side at the traffic lights - Repsol and Suzuki leather jackets - jeans and trainers.

Looked me and the Misses and our 2 fully laden Givi panniers - started blipping the throttle

Heard the grumbling of the pillion-mounted speed restrictor mutter .... "forget it ...you're too old...too fat...too slow ..."

"Grip with your thighs Dear"

Saw the opposing lights turn to amber ...no traffic......

5...4...3...2...1...whoosh

Full chat in Sports Mode - pinned the throttle to the bone.... off we went round some of the best sweepers Welsh Wales has to offer

3 or 4 miles or so down the road.. [quickly] pulled into a layby and told SWMBO to jump off quick...as did I

Leant on the bike waving as the Power Rangers screamed by

"Will you ever grow up?"

"Not a fooking chance"

Granted the BIRD and most of the Ducati's are class looking bikes in their day but times move on - dinosaurs no longer rule the planet. Please don't under-estimate a decent adventure bike in the right hands...... [not mine]

Even Guy Martin riding a DCT Africa Twin round Cardwell Park was heard to say "fook me - this thing can handle and go a bit"

Wanted a bite Phylis?

You just got one!

/...Discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHmZMf6zwo
Fatbert
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby bluegas » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:56 pm

4CDEC6AC-5980-48F9-9824-B6C24F7F4904-4814-000004E358C7A3E6.png
4CDEC6AC-5980-48F9-9824-B6C24F7F4904-4814-000004E358C7A3E6.png (6.3 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
Simmo wrote:They would not stand out as much as the busa,Why because it’s so ugly rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Cyclops » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Bloody hell have I got the right place I thought it was a Blackbird forum howdy
not the Crossdresser forum. :eyebrows)
BANNED

Half blind and brain dead.
Cyclops
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby jono49 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 am

The crosstourer is not an "Adventure Bike" per se, it's a big heavy lump that's a fookin joke off road! but on real roads it's a big mile muncher that offers great comfort, decent handling, and a fair turn of speed when required, ideal for the type/style of biking I do and currently I'm enjoying ownership before my Arthuritis get's cronic, The fact's are "Adventure bikes" sales figures are growing year on year, and Sports tourers and sports bikes are on the decline! as the old saying goes....."There's an arsehole for every seat" and the arseholes prefer Adventure bikes..............go on dip ya bread ya coont! howdy
Life is a series of moments!...Let your spare moments be on two wheels...
Bikeless
jono49
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bluegas » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:26 pm

How can you say the Multistrada is ugly?????????? Adventure bike or not it's one of the best looking bikes on the road. Didn't like riding it though.
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn