Michelin Tyres

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Michelin Tyres

Postby Sircular » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:03 am

Hi Peeps, Just seen M.C.N. have recently tested the new Michelin Pilot Road 5`s. Looking pretty good. Might even be my next tyre choice for my xx. I`m currently on my second set of Pirelli Angel G.T.`s,(Love them), & I think I`ve been converted to the Mich` PR 5`s,(depending what "Oponeo tyres" are selling `em for),after reading that test summary. Has anyone already got them ? Regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Michelin Tyres

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Len. Long time no "see" !

Hope you are well mate.

Im afraid Im very conservative and unadventurous with my choice of tyre..always have been since I joined this place and general consensus at the time barring a few of course, was that as soon as the Bird wore out, if you could last that long, the OE Dumplop tyres, then get some Avon Azaros ( other school said Bridgestones) on. So, I did and have stuck with them as they have progressed through the Storms, the Storm Ultras and now the 3D XMs. I sometimes wish I was brave enough to spend on a different brand just to see, but the Avons have been more than enough for my riding skills. Suppose the best thing would be to try someone else's Bird out with different tyres, but y'know, I just cant be arsed.

Just for info Len, and anyone else, the mileage on the 3D-XM Im getting is ridiculous compared to the previous Avon versions....basically the last 2 rears Ive got twice as much mileage than the earlier ones. So for my limited skills, they'll do me fine. :ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Coggy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Current edition of Ride has tested 8 sport touring tyres
Reckons any in the top 6 will do
It's on the shelves at the moment
(just in case anyone wants a browse or to buy)
Coggy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bluegas » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:44 pm

I've used the Angels for the last few years and been happy with them. Just put some Michelin road 5's on my Crossdresser but because I'm a lightweight fair weather rider it'll be a while until they are tested :roll)
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Sircular » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:06 am

Hi guys, Thanks for your replies. I`m keeping well, thanks for asking Murph. I`ll be getting the current copy of "Ride" to `ave a butchers at their sport touring tyre test/results. (Thanks for the "heads up" Coggy) Hi Mr. Bluegas. If you `appen to get caught out in the rain, on your other bike, let us know how your MPR 5`s are in the wet, (once this white stuff clears.) Stay safe, keep warm, Regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Ride`s tyre test

Postby Sircular » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:47 am

Hi peeps. If anyone`s interested, the "RIDE", Wet weather tyre test, puts the "Metzeler Roadtec 01" as clear winners, with a "Ride best buy" triangle. With the Michelin Road 5`s & the Bridgestone T31`s joint second, & "Ride recommended" on both. I`ve had a look on "OPONEO Tyres" for xx sizes, and, with the Metzelers ;- Rear is £!07.00, Front is £99.00, (pretty good prices)(At time of writing this ). I know you all have your preferred tyre brands, (I like the angel GT`s). Just thought I`d share my findings.(If you aint seen this months RIDE mag). If you fit them yourself = bonus. If your local tyre fitter charges £10.00 or £15.00, still cheaper than your local motorcycle tyre retailer. ( I couldn`t find the Road 5`s or the T 31`s on OPONEO !!) So couldn`t compare prices. :ride) Regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn