Exhaust downpipes !

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Exhaust downpipes !

Postby Sircular » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Peeps, Thought you might like to know the result of my downpipes saga. 1). Went on the "BIRD" forum, to ask about downpipes, 2). Had to pay £5.50 to join, & to get info`about downpipes. (no reply from "Taffy" or "Grant"), 3). Got a reply from another "BIRD" forum member :- Wanted £125.00 for a set of rusty downpipes, Collect only, jawdropping from a place near Boston, Linc`s. (Too far, taking into account, time & fuel costs !) 4). Meanwhile :- Found a nearly new set on fleabay, £119.00 delivered ! Arrived last wed`. came up like new with a bit of metal polish ! Result ! Also,I thought the un-written code amongst forum members was, to help each other out ? Not fleece you for every penny they can get ! Now, with hindsight, I needn`t have paid the friggin` "BIRD" joining fee, duh . (Once bitten, twice shy !) Regards, Sircular.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Exhaust downpipes !

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:13 am

Sircular wrote:Hi Peeps, Thought you might like to know the result of my downpipes saga. 1). Went on the "BIRD" forum, to ask about downpipes, 2). Had to pay £5.50 to join, & to get info`about downpipes. (no reply from "Taffy" or "Grant"), 3). Got a reply from another "BIRD" forum member :- Wanted £125.00 for a set of rusty downpipes, Collect only, jawdropping from a place near Boston, Linc`s. (Too far, taking into account, time & fuel costs !) 4). Meanwhile :- Found a nearly new set on fleabay, £119.00 delivered ! Arrived last wed`. came up like new with a bit of metal polish ! Result ! Also,I thought the un-written code amongst forum members was, to help each other out ? Not fleece you for every penny they can get ! Now, with hindsight, I needn`t have paid the friggin` "BIRD" joining fee, duh . (Once bitten, twice shy !) Regards, Sircular.

Glad you got sorted Len. :clap: Pity about your BIRD experience; the money grubbing cnuts. Never used to be like that.

. Are they the stainless FI downpipes?
You tried Harpic Blue on the pipes? Wonder stuff :notworthy)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Exhaust downpipes !

Postby Sircular » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Murph, Yes, they're the F.I. stainless pipes. I've cleaned the collector & outlets with some metal polish & wire wool,(nice & shiny). I'll try the "Harpic blue" on the downpipes / headers. Thanks for the heads up.Cheers, Len.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn