Rolfy Dave and Jan News

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Rolfy Dave and Jan News

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:18 am

Now I don't usually take much/any notice of the shite in its many forms that makes up Facebook, however, yesterday I received a link from Artemis who used to dish sweeties out to the twats on The Dark Side aka B.I.R.D .

It highlighted the plight of Rolfy Dave, one of the larger than life original Members of IXXRA and B.I.R.D. and also one of the most helpful and generous bar none.
Basically, he and his lovely, long suffering ;) wife Jan have got themselves into a serious pickle. I shall attempt to post the link/details explaining it all.

I usually dismiss stuff like this straight away but on this occasion I have actually made a small effort to help, after all it is Rolfy.
It'd be nice if anyone that knows him from better days would feel the same and do likewise.

I know there ain't many of us left but if anyone has access to post this up on B.I.R.D. please do.

I shall try and get this message to Lumpy on Arsebook too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5914058420

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Rolfy Dave and Jan News

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 am

https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-me-help-my-in-laws.

Donate
This campaign is trending!
30 2
Please help me help my in laws
£805 of £5,000 goal
Raised by 30 people in 2 days
Donate Now
Share on Facebook
Fundraising Team
Emergencies
Kidderminster, West Midlands, United Kingdom

"Everyone knows how lovely and generous Dave and jan are! After saving up for holiday of lifetime to Cyprus Jan had fall at Birmingham airport! She assumed it was just bruI sing, however things turned bad very quickly when she was in agony when they reached destination! Seeking medical advice in Cyprus they were charged 900 euros as the private doctor wouldn’t accept medical insurance! Now after hospital tests it has shown Mutiple breaks to Jan knee and shoulder! They are not allowed to fly back till she has operation to repair both and will be unable to work for months after due to recovery! We know this will put a
massive financial burden on them and we feel completely helpless at the min! Please help they have always been generous and no doubt I will be in trouble for setting this up however I know they would do the same for us ! Even if you can only donate £1 every penny helps x thank you"

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 am

Travel insurance should pick up the medical bill regardless of what the private outfit says. Also, what was the cause of the injuries? Maybe there is a claim against Birmingham airport. Ask for CCTV footage.
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Barrie wrote:Travel insurance should pick up the medical bill regardless of what the private outfit says. Also, what was the cause of the injuries? Maybe there is a claim against Birmingham airport. Ask for CCTV footage.

Hi Barrie. I don't know details other than what Rolfy's daughter has put up . Can only assume/hazard a guess that cos Jan hurt herself in UK but then only discovered how bad when they got to Cyprus that the Insurance have washed their hands/wriggled out of it.

Any rode, I have just heard from AJ that Rolfy's and Jan are back in UK. No more details but obviously no more money needed.

Hope you are well Barrie. Shall try and hook up with you later on this year.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi Tim,
Good to hear Dave and Jan are back in the UK. You never know what you are insured for until you have to make a claim, do you.

If there is any fund raising to be involved i.e bike runs etc. count me in. I only met Dave once and that was briefly a few years ago. A larger than life character as I remember him. Give them both my best wishes.

Barrie
Barrie
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Return to The Whippit Inn