I have become a eyeabuser owner!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

I have become a eyeabuser owner!

Postby Simon S » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:21 pm

It's been a while I know, but I have just bought another bike and the fire is alight again.
I still have the XX and intend to keep it as long as I am able too.

Last year a close friend of mine died after a fairly short battle with cancer. He left a couple of bikes, one being a 2000 Hayabusa. His Partner had been selling a lot of his gear and this bike was one of the items she wanted to sell.
So partly in memory of him,and and mostly a late mid life crisis I have bought the bike.
It has been sitting around for 8 years without use, so fuel oil and tyres are the first port of call. The machine is close to mint with a low mileage count.
Anyone here ridden one and compared it to a FI xx?
Would love to hear your opinions?
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: I have become a eyeabuser owner!

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 am

Bloody hell hello stranger. Glad to see you're still mobile and have ya Bird. Hayabusa eh?! Yes there's a few on here that have them. I think Rob1961 does and Simmo. Sorry about your mate.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi Simon,

I had one after the blacky was written off in an accident and I loved it. The riding position was a little uncomfortable compared to the xx, legs are bent more but nothing to worry about. The main thing was that the only mods I did to it were aesthetic whereas the blacky I changed lots of things, suspension etc. You’ll need to pop along to your local plastic surgeon too and have metal strengtheners put into your wrists as it will try to pull your hands out of the sockets. :ride) :eyebrows)
Sailng round the globe and getting paid for it......!
ImageImage
XXAndy
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Simon S » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm

Thanks all. Yes long time no chat, but the Bus is now here and requires a lot of TLC. Despite a very caring previous owner(who some of you may have met at one of the Cotswold's meets) the fuel had been left in the tank for 11 years and also a ton of water. This has resulted in a ruined tank. Thankfully there was another tank in his loft that was in good condition. Just awaiting a new battery and then give it a run.
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn