European tour

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

European tour

Postby psyconet » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:38 pm

Hey guys
Long time since I used the forum but I wanted some help about an upcoming trip I am about to plan around Europe.
I hope to visit Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Czech republic, Austria, Switzerland and France and I was wondering what things I need to take to be on the right side of the law and what paperwork and vignettes I will need to have.
Thanks for any help
Lee
BLACK is the original black

REAL MEN:-
Ride a XX
Have a beard
And make their own dresses
psyconet
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: European tour

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 am

Hiya Lee. It has been a long time hasn't it.

Your trip.....when are you going? After "Brexit" I assume, not that it should make an immediate difference re International Drivers Licence)Permit that a lot of suckers forked out for last time lol. Best look at the Gov website. But now I mention it it's all gone strangely quiet considering we're getting Brexit "done" in less than a fortnight compared to the hysteria last time.

Anyrode. Take a copy of your V5 document, your EHC 111 I think ( European Health Card), bike breakdown cover and tell your Insurance company you're away (take copy of Insurance doc) No vignettes needed until you get to the Austrian border. After that there's a few countries that require them but only for motorway travel. Get them when ya there. That's it I think. Don't worry about all the rest of the shite like stickers on helmets, breathalysers, breakdown triangle, hi-vis and beam benders. Fukk um. Remember, "we're British and we take shit off no-one"

Enjoy. :rockon)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: European tour

Postby psyconet » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Hi Tim good to hear you are still here and thanks for the info.
I think I will comply with the stinking french rules.. I don't want to give them a reason to make our journey difficult and I do have the helmet stickers :roll)
I am going around june before the holidays for the brats start but the weather is decent
Hope to see you again soon :ride)
BLACK is the original black

REAL MEN:-
Ride a XX
Have a beard
And make their own dresses
psyconet
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn