Watchdog agrees with what we've suspected

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Watchdog agrees with what we've suspected

Postby Coggy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Coggy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Watchdog agrees with what we've suspected

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:06 am

Go on then Coggy, Ill bite! ;)

I actually followed your link and read the "news" report...speeding cameras are located at their most profitable roads rather than a safety tool. I skimmed down the list of top ten roads......the only one I recognised was the Stocksbridge bypass, leading from the M1 to Woodhead and Manchester. I know this road very well, it is a bloody 3 lane trunk road with double white lines changing from one side to the other depending on which way the gradient is. Ever since its construction there has been a dearth of fatal road accidents. Some of my workmates at Stocksbridge steel plant have been killed on it. The speed limit has been dropped and speed cameras have been installed....not that many, 3 I think between the M1 and the Flouch Inn/Woodhead. This has resulted in a big drop in fatalities. Nuff said. Theres enough fukkin advance warning that speed cameras are in use and the tell tale signs of great big fook off yellow gantries above your head that are the SPECS cameras to prevent one getting a fine. You get done, then man the fook up. ( I have been done once or twice over the years...tough shite) :cool:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie Price » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:32 pm

There is a proposal for the Horseshoe Pass, Llangollen, to have a 40MPH speed limit, no doubt with cameras. Local people have apparently complained about noisy speeding motorcycles. For those who know this area, you will know that there are hardly any residential properties within earshot of the road in question. If this goes ahead, I bet the owners of the Ponderosa cafe will be pleased to lose a big chunk of their customers.
Barrie Price
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Hmmmm, "noise"....whats that all about eh?

West,or north west side theres no housing...but on the Llangollen side I'd imagine the sound of the sportbike brigade will travel down that valley quite some way. No smoke without fire Id say..and Im sure the same brigade quietly climb out of Llangollen on a weekend.

Oh, and welcome Barrie :clap:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie Price 1945 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:44 am

Took you long enough to reply, Tim. I got locked out of the forum for some reason so had to sign up again. I didn't really go anywhere.
Barrie Price 1945
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Barrie Price 1945 wrote:Took you long enough to reply, Tim. I got locked out of the forum for some reason so had to sign up again. I didn't really go anywhere.

Sorry Barry.

How ya doing my old fruit?

Hope your keeping your head down with all this shite about. hiya

Roll on Spring eh? :cool:

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Barrie Price 1945 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi, Tim
Yes, trying to stay socially distanced. Easy for me, I've been practicing for years. Can't wait for spring so I can be out and about in Wales again. Oh! and a trip to Scotland, unless Wee Crankie decides us English need a passport.
Stay well Tim.
Barrie Price 1945
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to The Whippit Inn