French accomodation

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

French accomodation

Postby Turbot » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:25 pm

Hi
It's almost time for my trip to France again, and Iwas wondering if anyone had details of those Formula 1 places I've seen all over France? I can't even find them on the net! f not then any other suggestions for a cheapish bike friendly overnight stop ni middle france?
Thanks
Turbot
Turbot
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:23 pm

Hi Turbot,
On my recent jaunt we didnt pre-book anything, simply stopped when we were fed up. There were loads of places to choose from. Depends on how much you want to pay, but you can often find really good hotels for a fraction of what you would pay over here. :D
XXAndy

Postby Minesaredun » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:25 pm

HI, Went through France back in April when I went to Italy, stayed in a couple of Formule 1's, very good value for money but they do tend to be away from the centre of things. Anyway I have a full list of there hotels in a catalogue I picked up, I can send it to you through the post if you like or if you know where you are heading I can send you a list via email, I could scan the map but I don't know how well that will come out.
If it's gone wrong it's probably my fault
Minesaredun
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:35 pm

I usually go for the Camponile hotels - pretty cheap, but better than F1 usually
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Turbot » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:07 pm

Thanks for all the advice again, now I just need to book the ferry!
Turbot
Turbot
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Captain » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:27 pm

Don't forget to ask for the MCN discount (up to 40%) :-) 8) .

Enjoy the roads, they're smooth, well maintained, free (for the most part) from debris and go on for miles and miles before any road works - We can but dream of roads like those. :(

Cap'n
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jack » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:56 pm

Just got back from a 3000 ml jaunt through France and Spain. Stopped in Camponile and F1 the later been cheaper but if ther's 3 pps sharing, you only pay for the room. You will generaly find them in the industrial parts of most big towns and city's. Hope the weather is more kinder than the 40 degrees + we had to cope with, like riding into a flame thrower.
Have a good one 8)
jack
Site Admin

Return to The Whippit Inn