MotoGP-2

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

MotoGP-2

Postby AnthSP1 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:59 pm

I just downloaded the demo version of MotoGP-2 game. (80 Mb- 27 mins)I gotta say I am not impressed in the slightest. Utter Shit. Totally UNrealistic. Not a patch in the classic World Superbikes 2001.

Graphics are OK (nothing more) but not half as good as WSB 2001. The graphics seemed "cheap" and totally out of date as far as graphics engines go. Utter shit. Reminds me of the old Castrol Honda Superbike game (from 6 years ago!), which i find more realistic and more enjoyable.

I know it is a demo version, but hey, if the real full game is anything like this it's gonna be a waste of money.

Good thing is, if ya got a 16Mb graphics card or less you "should" be able to play this game on ya PC, cos the graphics are TROOSERS.

Even on my 64Mb DDR Radeon graphics card (which ain't the best but it's quite respectible) it was terrible....
"Thrash bike until pistons melt"
AnthSP1
IXXRA Founder

Postby GB » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:49 pm

Can't comment on PC version but X-box on 32" screen with surround sound head to head against mates...........oooooh yes baby bring it on. Graphics are beautiful and remember this was developed for console and converted so its to be expected.

Independent front and rear brakes, wheelies, stoppies, powerslides and with analogue controls leaning the rider forward or back effects how fast it brakes, accelerates, turns into and pulls out of corners.
On the eighth day God created Harley, on the ninth he traded it in for something cheaper that was more fun to ride.
GB
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby AnthSP1 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:58 pm

well GB the PC demo version i got is nowt like that matey.
AnthSP1
IXXRA Founder

Postby bezzer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:36 pm

yup, I've got MotoGp and an Xbox, brill and expect GP02 to be better. Got Superbikes on the PC or rather did have, binned it coz it was crap. As GB says they were developed for the consoles and thats where they show up best and are best controlled, thats why I got the XBox. I've only got a 28" telly :bigcry: but I've got dolby cinema surround sound system, awesome at any volume :mrgreen: .
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby AnthSP1 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:11 pm

After GB's remarks, I fired the game up again. I fiddled with graphics, reducing it from 32bit colour to 16Bit colour (I never run 32 bit as I see no difference at all). I also enabled triple buffering...

It has slightly improved, but it is still UTTER CRAP compared to Electronic Arts World Superbike 2001
AnthSP1
IXXRA Founder

Postby Ladybird » Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:42 am

We've played MOTOGP - 2 on Playstation - vast improvement on MOTOGP 1. Stonking play and muchos fun - one for the winter evenings, definately. And don't worry Bezzer you ain't alone in the 28" telly - but we also run surround sound with it - it's awesome.
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Return to The Whippit Inn