Insurance...the nightmare continues!!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Insurance...the nightmare continues!!

Postby XXAndy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:53 pm

Right, the story this week :P
Insurance, (mine), agreed to pay me the princly sum of £3,850.00 which i accepted, all be it reluctantly (they originally offered £3k)
As a caviat, because I didnt declare my 'modifications' (we'll get to this in a bit), they upped my excess from £300 to £750, which means that they only give me £3,100. :evil) Not too much of a problem as I claim the excess back from the 3rd parties insurance. Still with me.... now, my modifications, and wait for it, am I talking Turbocharger, race cans, re-bored engine...errr no, Im talking corbin type seat, helibars, scottoiler, heated grips, hugger, and a non standard paint job.
So boys n girls if you have anything, fluffy dice on yer key fob, scottoiler or absolutely anything which wasnt on it when it left the factory...tell em or you could risk them not coffin up in the event of a claim. Incidently the spotty dickhead at the insurance company gave me this responce to the "these arnt modifications, theyre accesories" argument.... Actually sir, if you fitted tyres that were different to those that came with the bike, technically they are modifications" :wtf:
Next thing, noticed I said 'MY' insurance, thats because, after 3 f****g months the 3rd parties insurance are now contesting liability :banghead) , f**k knows what planet they are on. So, cos i have claimed off my insurance they have, temporarily' suspended my no claims discount which means, even though they have shelled out and I have the dosh to repair or buy a new bike, no f***r will insure me on anything over a Vespa 50cc :bigcry:
So if there are any twats from insurance companies reading this site, I have the following messages from the deepest corner of my heart..... asshole :tool) :knob) 2guns :finger) :upyours)
XXAndy

Postby bezzer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:24 pm

:D Bastards, have you still got the solicitor working on it Andy? if so why not ask him if there is anything further you can claim against the other driver for fooking you about and depriving you of not being able to get the bike you want, a further charge on top of the insurance payout, injuries, bike hire etc might make them think again that its better to settle this quicker before they get hit with an even higher bill.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:11 am

Yes Bezzer, already on it, Im now claiming for continues loss of use. Watch this space
XXAndy

Return to The Whippit Inn