Insurance sorted...well, sort of..

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Insurance sorted...well, sort of..

Postby XXAndy » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:32 pm

Managed to find a company who would insure me without my ncd a :D nd will then refund once the 3rd parties insurance have coughed up and I get my ncd back. It did cost me £1250 though :bigcry:
So, I've been out and bought myself a nice new gleaming bike..

Its Silver...... :D
Its got 2 wheels........ :D :D
Its got a big engine.............. :D :D :D
Its a......, oh theres someone at the door, I'll just go and get it....
XXAndy

Postby swamp donkey » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:43 pm

lol come on Andy tell :roll)
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Carl » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:45 pm

Well come on it doesn't take a fookin hour to answer the door. :? have you seen sense and gone for the xx , or did the Busa get ya. i haven't seen an all silver Busa so my bet is you joined the TAZ fan club and got yourself a silver bird that sometimes looks white :jester) :)
Carl
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby XXAndy » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:57 pm

OK, I'll own up.........I've bought a Busa, :oops) I know, I know, but look at it this way: :P

I have owned the bird for nearly 3 years which is longer than I have owned ANY other vehicle, (I include cars), which can only act as a testiment to my feelings about the bb. :)
There isnt actually that much dfference between the two, once you get passed 150mph :evil) you need to have really good riding skills to get the best out of either, and I dont. :roll)
I'm not interested in the 'mines faster than yours debate', I never have been. I have said on numerous occasions that the first impression which made me decide to buy the bb was the paint job :notworthy) , I learned to love the bike after that. I have also said before that I think the Busa is ugly, it looks like it has been left in front of the fire and has melted, and I still agree with that. :mrgreen:
So, why did I settle on the Busa, simple, I saw a Silver one and thought, "wow, that doesnt look half bad in Silver', I took one for a spin and really enjoyed it. :ride)
I did have lots of reservations about reliability though so did some quite intense r&d. Basically, if I had bought a second hand one I would have had to make sure it had all the recalls etc, so after speaking to those top blokes at Motografix in Doncaster who have done all the work on my bb since I had it, they did me a cracking deal on a new Busa, and I get it next Saturday. The 'problems' were all sorted by the 2003 model :clap: and I've asked loads of techy questions to both riders and dealer mechanics.

There is one thing that ALL Busa riders don't have, and they can't get it by putting on race cans of any other trick mod to improve horse power, and that is, an owners club like Ixxra :notworthy) :clap: :notworthy)
In my search for Busa info I have, of course, trailed through the many (and there are loads) of busa owners clubs on the net and I can say without a shadow of doubt that NONE of them are worthy of licking the Ixxra s ar*e. :moon) This club has and will continue to be the BEST aftermarket accesory available for the bb.

If you will still have me, I would like to stay on as a member, (after all I still have a passion for the bb and a wealth of experience which I can continue to pass on). Look at it this way, a bb club with its very own busa to humiliate, thats got to be one for the books.

Sitting back and waiting for the abuse to start.............. :bigcry:
XXAndy

Postby bezzer » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:00 pm

:roll) sniper :ride)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby rob_1961 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:04 pm

Welcome aboard bussa andy at least its the same colour as taz's. I think both the xx and bussa are cracking bikes :)
Now on a busa
rob_1961
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby swamp donkey » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:23 pm

Andy far as im concerened i'd be disappointed if you left the fold :( only thing you might have to change your name BUSBOY :twisted)
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:49 pm

I say fook off, what a cop out you never had any intentions of getting another bird from the start
...Now that I have your attention,
I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's not what you ride but how you ride it. It's your attitude that counts, although we've never had the opportunity to have met I must say that I look to you as a friend and as any of my friends will tell you, I'm a friend for life, not just when it suits me.
So even though your "off" has knocked your better judgement out of sync, l would be very dissappointed if you thought we would not stand beside you....
And besides, you can always trade the shite in for a new Blackie later.

The missus says that when we do finaly meet up she's going pillion with you as she loves the Busa...you've been warned.

I have no problems with you keeping your name or being moderator for QOTW.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:58 pm

Birdadict wrote:

[quote="And besides, you can always trade the shite in for a new Blackie later.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly :D 8)
XXAndy

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:52 pm

Well, if ya give me yer spare panels for nowt, I might consider backing the others who think ya shud stay :D And if ya hurry up, Colin Appleyard of Keighley have TWO brand spanking new Limited Edition BB's in SILVER :D :P
TazCBR1100XX

Postby XXAndy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:53 am

Ahhh Taz, thaks for figuring out that "nowt" is infact Tazmanian for a £Grand, so I will of course reserve the plastics for you at that price :D :D
XXAndy

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:51 pm

Nice try Andy but ya already know that I'm only Tazmanian outside, but inside I'm pure Yorkshire - so the Yorkshire Nowt pervails - and thank xx for the offer of yer panels for Nowt :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Demontat » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:04 pm

2guns :knob) sniper

Ahh well... The IXXRA family :home) wouldn't be the same without ya... from now on you are the ugly step-child !!! :bigears)

:jester) :mrgreen: :D
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Badger » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:11 pm

lol lol lol :stupid)

we all know you wouldnt have sold the xx if you hadnt had an off, so you are still a xx rider at heart mate , we saw a lovely busa at squires on sunday nice paint job and even if Busas do look like John Merrik from the front at least your back on 2 wheels 8)
Back and Ready to Ride
Badger
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Captain » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:50 pm

:stupid) There aint nothing sadder than having to hang up your lid, I had to do this for a year when I had a major off :cry) :bigcry: . You have your health and now a new set of wheels :D . I for one, along with the others on this site will not shun you in a carpark and am glad to be associated with you.

Captain
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Oi Captain, Shun him in the carpark, Never...Just so long as he's not standing next to his hunchback of notre dame....lol
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Captain » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:31 pm

The bells, the bells eyecrazy

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:50 pm

Well let's face it guys - the main reason he bought a Busa was cuz that's UGLY too - they'll make a lovely (ugly) couple lol

You'll have to park it in the next village if we do the Pie & Peas thing again next year though Andy :D Someone will give ya a lift over the hill on a decent bike though :P
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Captain » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:14 pm

Is that where you are Taz,

"over the hill on a white bike"? :D

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:16 pm

Actually I thought I could park the bike next to the pie table to scare off Swampy and the 'Barnsley Twins' :D , thus leaving more pies for the rest of us :P
Lets see how many Busa riders eye browse I can raise when they see the Ixxra stickers on my busa :D :D :D :D
XXAndy

Postby swamp donkey » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:48 pm

lol :stupid)
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jonah » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:24 pm

i had a busa 2 bikes back never gave a minutes trouble except for the old back and wrists i am sure you will enjoy it but still think you will come back for another bird shortly
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

fair enough

Postby Badgers cub » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:05 pm

The Busa may be ugly but the aerodynamics on it are amazing! remember that 1 we saw in squires cafe Taz? that looked nice! the new Suzuki gsxr1000 has exactly the same front as the Busa! which kinda makes it look ugly.
MY CAR IS FAST BUT NOT AS FAST AS THE BLACKBIRD!!!
Badgers cub
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:42 pm

XXAndy wrote:Actually I thought I could park the bike next to the pie table to scare off Swampy and the 'Barnsley Twins' :D , thus leaving more pies for the rest of us

Its Deano you're gonna have to scare away from the table xx Andy !

Deano - who ate all the pies, u fat bastid, u fat bastid ! lol lol lol
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Next

Return to The Whippit Inn