IXXRA Membership

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

IXXRA Membership

Postby space invader » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:16 pm

Anyone else noticed how the list of members is accelerating drastically?

I know I have only been posting for a couple of weeks, but hell, I look like an old hand already!

Checked out a similar site in the US tonight, that I used to frequent, until I discovered IXXRA.

Discussion board......
A multiple page Homophobic rant from a wannabe "Highlander" who has probably never been any closer to Scotland than trying to impersonate the engineer from Star Trek when full of Texas moonshine.
And a "Hero" story, from a guy claiming to have outrun the cops (perhaps) at 150mph in a residential area, backed up by his mates who claim he is a pussy for not going 30 faster, and that kids would be okay getting hit at that speed anyway.....

DT you were right in what you said in your PM to me about that site, and no disrespect to the US, but there is a hell of a lot of ignorance crammed in between those shining seas, and most of it seems to manifest itself on the internet!

I'll stick with IXXRA, even if I have to put on a Yorkshire accent like DT, just to make m'self fookin' oonderstud!!!

Raaght Lahd, when's t'next Pies and Peas, I'm coomin'

TSI
space invader
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby AnthSP1 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:37 pm

I'm pleased you find yourself at home here! Top guys and gals. Looking forward to seeing some new faces too!
"Thrash bike until pistons melt"
AnthSP1
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:28 pm

My guess is that he's Jockanese :P
TazCBR1100XX

Postby space invader » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:44 pm

Aye, Lahd, Thaht's reet.... (fook that, can't be arsed)
I am from Jockoland, but have an affinity for the North of England, as you are only just over the wall that we scared the Italian Baastaads into building, and are a lot closer to you guys than them Soothern' Nancies that think you are all uncouth Northern louts..... (I've worked all over your green and... A'hem .. pleasant land, and I know all about the divides an' that.) Scots, and Northerners get on okay, trust me.....

In Aberdeen at the mo, but love a good weekend away, and have no problems doing a few hunner miles providing I don't have the Invader Junior (See previous posts) that weekend, but that may all change soon !!!

Glad to be onboard.....

TSI
space invader
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Shuggie » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:45 am

Have to agree with you SI, having been down here for the past 6 years I have never had anything thrust upon me but a warmth akin to anywhere in Scotland. In fact there is several places up there which promote a dislike of anyone outside their own area.

I happen to think that a lot of the abuse thrust upon the english, by the scots is unwarranted and is only through ignorance by our kin folk, who have never savoured the hospitality of the english people.

Engand football team aside, I would be first in line to welcome others south of the border with the same sincerity as I have been shown.

And the best site on the net just proves the case that there are no boundaries anywhere in the world, when it comes to the best people on the best bikes, riding some of the best roads.

..........have to go I'm filling up. :D :D
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby swamp donkey » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:44 am

Soothern nancies :wtf: BA he must be on about you there, :)
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:05 am

:home)
I think one of the reasons the members list is 'booming' at the moment is that, when we lost the forum recently, we all had to re-register, so members who dont frequesnt as often as some will only just be joining back. :thumbsup)
I have to sya that, as a whole I quite like our American counterparts, but their web sites seem to only be a place for 'mines faster than yours' and 'mines bigger than yours' arguments, which seem to miss the point to me.
XXAndy

Postby BirdAddict » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:34 am

Watch it swampy...you're a lot further south than I am,
And the reason there's so many more folks joining up now is that I'm always out there, calling cards in hand, and promoting our club.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jonah » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:39 am

shuggie wrote:Have to agree with you SI, having been down here for the past 6 years I have never had anything thrust upon me but a warmth akin to anywhere in Scotland. In fact there is several places up there which promote a dislike of anyone outside their own area.

I happen to think that a lot of the abuse thrust upon the english, by the scots is unwarranted and is only through ignorance by our kin folk, who have never savoured the hospitality of the english people.

Engand football team aside, I would be first in line to welcome others south of the border with the same sincerity as I have been shown.

And the best site on the net just proves the case that there are no boundaries anywhere in the world, when it comes to the best people on the best bikes, riding some of the best roads.

..........have to go I'm filling up. :D :D

must agree been given a warm welcome down here, with a very few exceptions
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn