How Many Miles ...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

How Many Miles ...

Postby Bristle Hound » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:16 pm

... have you got on reserve without running outta fuel ? :thumbsup)
I've managed 35 & still only been able to get just under 21 litres in the tank :eyebrows)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:28 pm

With this digital display I rarely notice exactly when the reserve segment comes into play :? All I know is that a light that lights up is a damn sight easier to spot than a little black bar that turns red and flashes in the corner of your display :banghead) When I get the Bird back, I'll try it and see how far I get before I have to call out the RAC :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bezzer » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:15 pm

Dunno, never even seen the reserve light come on, dont let it get that far down, its too fookin heavy a bike to push if you run out :oops) and I dont intend to try it, been there done that with a much lighter bike donkeys years ago and dont intend to repeat it :cry)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby numb bits » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:25 am

Me too never let it run down that far,but steady riding two up i can manage about 160 miles before light comes on so at a guess probably another 30 or so miles left :roll)
numb bits

Postby Demontat » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:31 pm

Never let mine get down that low either.... not to mention I dont have to pay for fuel for any of my vehicles ("benefit" from the job) so I really have no excuse for ever running out. 8)

From time to time I ride enough in one shot that I have to refuel whilst I am out and about... but more often than not I make it home to the fresh jugs of premium gas that awaits me in my garage!! 8) :wink)
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bov » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:27 pm

I get about 180-190 miles before the light comes on so theoretically should get 220-230 miles before fun's up!
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Captain » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:56 am

:stupid) Before recent service I was getting 150-160 before light (98 Carb'd & dyno'd) :bigcry: . Now get 180ish before light :D and a very slow 38 miles with light on :| , as mentioned earlier in this thread, still can only get 21 Litres in the tank :? .

ARE WE ALL SURE OF THE SIZE (23 litres) OF THE TANKS?
I know the injected versions are slightly bigger but come on, has nobody run out of fuel???????????????
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Captain » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:20 pm

Last one I had to push was a CB900F2, jeez was that heavy :bigcry: - swore never to run the risk of that again.

Touch wood - to date I have been very LUCKY :roll)

Captain
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby kevxx » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:12 am

I got 180 as the light came on but I did'nt fancy pushing the xx so another 5 miles I was in for juice
catch you on the dark side
kevxx
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to The Whippit Inn