Luverly day......

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Luverly day......

Postby XXAndy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:15 pm

Managed to scam the day off work today so thought I'd pick up the bus this morning.
Met the post man going down the drive who gave me a letter from the solicitors, the 3rd parties insurance have finally admited 100% liability, f**king yeeehaaah :D :D :D :D :D :D The cheque from my insurance landed yesterday :D :D :D :D :D :D
Picked up the bus and spent the day 'bedding in' the tyres, (BT57's for those of you that are interested).
After the first 5 miles I went back to the shop and had them fit a double bubble screen, I couldnt see the clocks with the original and the wind was pushing me off the back of the bike. Once changed the difference was massive. I have to keep her below 5.5k revs for the first 5oo miles, (5.5krevs equates to 110mph in 6th :D :D ), so, my first impressions are:
Riding position is more 'sporty' than the bb, knees are more bent.
Although i am taking it steady there doesnt seem to be a great deal between the power of the bus and my bb, although, probably cos the bus is Fi and my bb was carbed, the bus is slightly smoother through the range.
Once 'making progress' the ride is totally different, if the bb is a tourer that has great sports feel, the bus is more like a sports bike that can be toured, if you know what I mean.
Even with the double bubble, the wind protection is not as good as the bb and how anyone reckons they've done 180 on a bus is beyond me, they must have to put a dent in the top of the tank to get their chin further down :D The bike is electronically limited to 186mph according to the book, so I've bought the un-limiting kit, not that I want to go that fast, but it smoothes out acceleration in 1st & 2nd, (its limited by retarding the ignition in 1st, 2nd & 6th, the kit cons it into thinking its in an unretarded gear, 5th I think)
I'll see how I go tommorrow out to Taz's, but first impressions are good, I have a grin the size of Taz's ego :D :mrgreen: 8) :P
XXAndy

Postby numb bits » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:47 pm

Sounds just fine Andy,like a big kid with a new toy, not that im jealous or owt :mrgreen:
hope to be out this weekend prob sunday so if your up for a ride with a 'P'
reg xx give us a call,on here or pm if yer imbarassed. lol
numb bits

Postby Shuggie » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:27 pm

and by the way the 'P' is for PINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yes Andy you may get embarrassed :oops) :oops) :oops)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby numb bits » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:30 pm

But mine dont have a handbrake, :P
numb bits

Postby swamp donkey » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:15 am

it does with you on it numb bits :P :D
we up we down we gone !!!