New Bird - this year?

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

New Bird - this year?

Postby Ladybird » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:37 am

I am slightly concerned that two local Honda dealers have informed Deano that the New Bird will not be released this year. The development has not been completed and probably will not be until next year, allowing release of the Bird in the UK market in 2005!!! However MCN yesterday were boasting that they would have pic's of it on September 17th - from the Milan show no doubt.

I feel an e-mail coming on to Honda - If this is the case then I am concerned that prospective buyers will not be able to get hold of a Bird of any kind as supplies seem to have almost dried up totally. :cry)

What's the news on the street?
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Re: New Bird - this year?

Postby Demontat » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:06 am

Ladybird wrote:

I am concerned that prospective buyers will not be able to get hold of a Bird of any kind as supplies seem to have almost dried up totally.

According to Taz there are four gray birds (or seagulls) that are available to those looking to compensate for a physical shortcoming that they have. :wink)

I've asked both of our dealers about the "new" Bird and neither had an answer that I would really believe since it is clear that BB's are not big sellers here and the salesman dont know shit about the XX :P
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Grippy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:33 am

If they can't deliver the new xx until 05 then I'm sure that the current model will still be available - even if the dealers have to import them. Honda won't want to lose their market share to the likes of XXAndy :banghead) and his misguided BusaBuddies!!!

Personally, I don't give a shit because I don't intend to change my xx-Y for a long while yet.
Last edited by Grippy on Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never break the speed limit - set your own and adjust upwards if necessary
Grippy
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Gizzit » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:24 pm

:stupid) I am just glad I was able to get my new one a couple of months ago. I am not convinced about the V-Tec mumbo jumbo anyway. The current model of Blackie is way powerful enough for me and I love it just as it is :wink)

I fell for the Blackbird when it was first released back in 1997, lusted after one for almost 6 years, baught an early one, changed it for a new one after a year and intend to keep this one until mind/body/money runs out. It is the dogs danglies :D

They are still in awful short supply though although I think the situation is a bit better than it was a few months back.
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Bird - this year?

Postby Shuggie » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:47 am

Ladybird wrote: However MCN yesterday were boasting that they would have pic's of it on September 17th - from the Milan show no doubt.

Thats what i have been told by Miles Kingsport in York Mandy. They are still of the understanding that the new bird will be unveiled at the Milan show, with supplies coming into the shops later.

Seems odd however that there are no 'spy' shots of the baby being tested, as there are with all the other new models.
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:49 pm

I've heard something similar too Mand :roll)
Apparently Honda are abit reluctant to release the new xx at the same time as the Fireblade replacement, the CBR1000RR, as they fear no 1 will be interested in the new xx ! :roll)
For fooks sake are they stupid ? :toilet:
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby WolfManXXCBR » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:39 pm

Gizzit wrote::stupid) I am just glad I was able to get my new one a couple of months ago. I am not convinced about the V-Tec mumbo jumbo anyway. The current model of Blackie is way powerful enough for me and I love it just as it is :wink)

:stupid)
WolfmanXXCBR
WolfManXXCBR
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby numb bits » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:36 pm

If it looks as good as the CBR1000RR, :D then i'm prepared to wait another fookin year god knows,but the CBR1000RR i9s going to be a winner,now if i was single,(how to get rid of her)??? i would be up for one it looks the dog's danglies :banghead) :bigcry: :P
numb bits

Return to The Whippit Inn