RIDE used bike test

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

RIDE used bike test

Postby Shuggie » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:33 pm

The Blackbird has just been voted best by a group of riders in the magazine Ride.
The Bird was up against 1. pan European, 2.BMWR1100RT, 3.BMW R1150RS and (drum roll) 4. Yam R1

For those who are interested here is the verdict:

At the end of the test I asked our group of riders which bike, if they were given the choice, they'd take home and keep for at least 2 years. No selling it, swapping it or otherwise. Six of them went straight for the same bike. Which one do you think it was?

All but the youngest and most inexperienced member of the group plumped straight for Honda's CBR1100xx Super Blackbird. Why?

Most loved the Honda's combination of eyeball-popping power, nimble agility, speedy-but-understated looks, excellent resale value and exemplary build quality. The Blackbird's comfortable on long runs, capable on the twisties, it's not to bad on petrol, it wheelies if you want it to and you can get your knee down if you fancy a bit of scraping. All I can say is: bring on the 1200 model

Just states the obvious, and what all us already know. I'm just off to renew my subscription to 'RIDE' :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bov » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:44 pm

You know it makes sense Shuggie :) The xx has been in the top 5 since the dawn of time matey :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: RIDE used bike test

Postby Demontat » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:36 am

shuggie wrote:
Most loved the Honda's combination of eyeball-popping power, nimble agility, speedy-but-understated looks, excellent resale value and exemplary build quality. The Blackbird's comfortable on long runs, capable on the twisties, it's not to bad on petrol, it wheelies if you want it to and you can get your knee down if you fancy a bit of scraping.

Yea baby... keep talking dirty to me.. I'm gonna cum!! :wink)

1200, shmelvehundred... "if it aint broke, dont fix it" , my 03 is perfection on two wheels. 8)
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn