Hello all!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Hello all!

Postby Akira » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:22 am

Just thought I'd say hi, what a forum you guys have here!
I've been riding my CB500 for a few months (I'm 30, a late starter I know) and I'm totally smitten by the Super Blackbird. Looking to change my trusty CB for something with larger cojones and I've seen them advertised just very slightly out of my price range (In other words I could swing it if I sold everything) but I don't think I'd be looking at the £150 insurance premium I have at the moment. What do you guys pay, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing (and cringing) it's pretty hefty. I was at southport air show the other day, where Honda had a stand with a few bikes on it and the Bird was the final nail in my CB's coffin. I need one of these. :)
Akira
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby bezzer » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:46 am

Welcome dude, enjoy. Insurance is a nightmare you might find some companies wont cover you on a 'bird until you've got a year or two no claims but some will. We've had threads on it before but they got wiped when the forum went down a couple of months ago and they vary from the sublime :mrgreen: to the ridiculous :bigcry: . Only way you're going to know is to ring a few and check. Go to the Useful Information section at the bottom of the index and you'll find a list of the most used Insurance Companies telephone numbers, just be sitting down when you ring. :P
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Ladybird » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:19 am

Welcome Akira

Glad you found our site, everyones a gem here and will help you out with any queries you have.

Yep as Bezzers already said insurance is a nightmare I have 5 yrs ncb and still pay approx. £350. Just sit down and ring around.. pain in the 'ass but it is worth it believe me.

Stay happy - stay safe

Mandy
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby swamp donkey » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:53 am

Hi Akira welcome to Ixxra i got my insurance through Honda cover part of Devit DA 0800 0850273, 5 yrs ncb 2 bikes £302 fully comp :thumbsup) but then again im an old scroat at 44 :( but still not as old as that short :moon) fur ball :roll)
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jonah » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:55 am

I HAVE 37 YEARS NO CLAIM BONUS AND IT STILL COST ME £350 BUT ITS WORTH EVERY BLOODY PENNY, I HAVE ONLY MET A FEW CLUB MEMBERS , IF THEY ARE ALL LIKE THEM THIS MUST BE THE BEST CLUB GOING :)
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Demontat » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:25 am

jonah wrote:I HAVE ONLY MET A FEW CLUB MEMBERS , IF THEY ARE ALL LIKE THEM THIS MUST BE THE BEST CLUB GOING :)

I have met ZERO IXXRA members and have still become good friends with more than a couple :) Considering that I "generally" dont like people I consider it high praise when I say that this is a wonderful group of people! :-) Even the fat one, short one, old one and all the retired bastards!! :banghead)

Welcome Akira ! 8) You have great taste when it comes to which bike you aspire to own... no other bike on the market can compare when it comes to all of attributes that the Bird possesses. Someone here may suggest that the Busa is another option. Actually, there may be one for sale here in a bit when that someone finally realizes his lapse of reason and taste and rejoins the ranks of the Bird riders. :mrgreen:
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:33 am

Welcome to the club, Top site for Top people with Top Bikes...Hurry and get that insurance sorted out while there's still some good dry weather ahead...
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:52 am

Welcome dude

Hope you get to realise your fantasy as we have all done :D

Crew: Would it be worth doing a league table of who is insured with who as that would probably be a good guide to who offers decent coverage for a decent price :? Just a thought :oops)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bov » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:24 pm

Welcome fella. Enjoy the ride. Top site. I pay £340 with 4 yrs no claims @ Carole Nash!
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Akira » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome, very nice of you all :) Far from putting me off, those premiums look like bargains to me, I was expecting ~£750!! Think I may just 'make do' with a CBR6 for a few years while I build up my NCB with Carole Nash and then xx !! 8) Like Demontat says, I haven't seen a bike that even comes close to the breadth of ability the CBRXX seems to have. Hayabusa? Those are uglier than an ugly thing that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then fell into the ugly pit of eternal ugliness. Gimme the Honda anyday, much more elegant.

:mrgreen:

/goes to check out rest of site
Akira
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby XXAndy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:21 pm

:D I pay £1,238 for this year on the Busa till they sort out getting me ncd back bastads :banghead)
XXAndy

Postby swamp donkey » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:44 pm

the bloody buses dont cost that much for a ride down here Andy bout £1-20 the average fare :P
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:08 pm

lol Donkey dude :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Bristle Hound » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:29 pm

Demontat wrote:all the retired bastards!!

Who's that then :? lol

Welcome Akira to the best xx site on the net !

Good luck & keep us all posted mate on your progress with the xx :thumbsup)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:31 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote:Crew: Would it be worth doing a league table of who is insured with who as that would probably be a good guide to who offers decent coverage for a decent price

A fookin' good idea for a change there Taz :thumbsup)
How about it crew :?
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn