Politics have no place here...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Politics have no place here...

Postby Demontat » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:58 am

yet on this day, the second anniversary of Sept 11, 2001, the day the world changed forever, let me take this opportunity to say that I sincerely hope that no one forgets that day and that people understand the importance of holding steady and staying the course when it comes to fighting terrorism and taking the fight to their front doors. This is a battle that mankind cannot afford to lose, failure is NOT an option...

For what it is worth, my heart was touched by how Great Britain reacted to that dreadful day and how the UK has stood side by side with the USA throughout the last two years... I only hope that both of us will do the same for Israel as they must be living in absolute horror with the homicide-bombers that are relentlessly attacking them.

I dont want this to be all political... that is not my intent... I just ache in my heart when I see and hear how there is so much evil in our world with fanatics dreaming of how they can kill innocent, free people who just want to raise our kids, save some money and enjoy our lives.

STAY THE COURSE... CONTINUE THE FIGHT... ITS ABOUT GOOD vs EVIL AND WE NEED TO SEE THIS THROUGH!!

In the powerful words of those heroes that fought the hijackers and brought down the 4th plane instead of letting the monsters crash it into their target... "Lets roll !! "
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:04 pm

It certainly ain't a political forum but who cares :? I think we all share the same view - everyone has a right to live their lives without being under threat of terror from anyone else - and that includes all these arseholes who feel they have the right to make threats or carry out physical or mental violence towards innocent people in daily life. My view is: EVERYONE has a right to live on this planet regardless of race, religion, political bias etc etc, but NO-ONE has the right to exert their will on innocent people
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bov » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:19 pm

With you all on this guys. Demon. we brits may take the piss outta you at times and we know you all think we wear bowler hats with umbrellas whilst sipping tea in the constant rain but, when it comes down to it, UK and USA are close! Reason? I guess we're the same people but with different cultures. What unites us is that we want to continue to live and enjoy our own lives. I think that's something that's gonna go on and on... :wink)
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby bezzer » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:06 pm

:clap: :rockon)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:24 pm

:notworthy) and as for the EU, if we have got to have the same currency, I am all for it, and the sooner the rest of Europe adopts the British Pound the better :D :D
Actually, it would make more sence if we adopted the Dollar rather than the Euro, after all, we have more in common with the yanks tha we do with Europeans :P
XXAndy

Postby Captain » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:28 pm

Not to mention, we both have kick arse Armed Forces, for whoever wants to bring a fight on.............

sniper sniper
Last edited by Captain on Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Shuggie » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:05 pm

Totally in agreement with you guys.

This is a subject which is 'in my face' every day of my working life, and it is now becoming more evident that the 'threat' is now becoming a domestic problem more than international. The more extremists that are allowed freedom of expression especially in the UK, then the more converts they will have.

The US and UK will stand closely together over terrorism I'm sure, but until we lose the muppets in Brussels, untie our hands from the Human Rights legislation, and follow the US in having all new immigrants swear allegiance to the country, then I fear more trouble ahead

Don't worry about us over here forgetting 9-11, Demon. That'll never happen :cry) :cry) :cry)

Soap box broken up, will not be used again on this subject.
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bov » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:08 pm

Just one point about the EU guys. If none of us want to ditch the pound and I'm guessing that, like me, maybe none of you know anybody who does...then :wtf: is going on?? Why is Blair even thinking about it let alone voicing his thoughts? :cockhole) . Time to take OUR country back methinks :?
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Gizzit » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:27 pm

I am in agreement with all of the above. The only thing that is a pain is having to change money when going to Europe (which I do on average about 25 times a year) but I can live with that if it means keeping control of our own financial affairs. :wtf: has Brussels ever done for us? They cant even speak fuggin English the thick bastids so why would we want them with even more power over here. Me, I'm with the US of A :thumbsup) (C'ept maybe those banjo playing hill dwelling folk, they can fook off 'n all).
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bov » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:48 pm

Giz. If you remember my old avatar you'd now know that you've gone too far by dissin' the one-eyed, donkey-raping hill folk :bigcry: My brother (who also happens to be my wife / mother ) agrees with me :P
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Gizzit » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:10 pm

OK, so you are the exception to the rule Bov, at least you had the good sence to purchase the best bike on the planet.

I saw the X files once where there was this weird fooked up family of hill billys that kept their mother on a trolly under the bed. Still freaks me out today. And as for deliverance......

Mind you, I would still rather spend time getting to know one of them than your average Parisian!
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Whippit Inn