No New Blackbird For 2004 !

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

No New Blackbird For 2004 !

Postby Bristle Hound » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:07 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news folks, but there will be no new xx for 2004 as promised by Honda :bigcry:
I was in Tillstons today speaking to the Sales Manager, Trevor, who said Honda are not bringing out the new xx because of the production of the new Fireblade (See told you :wink) )
Anyway he reckons next year for the new 1
So no new xx , again !

Personally it doesn't bother me coz I ain't changing mine anyway :thumbsup)
Not only that but it keeps the current model fresh looking :wink)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:55 pm

Well, after my trip to Appleyards I feel as if I've got a new Bird anyway :D Boy am I still buzzing or wot :P Wish my fookin arm wasn't fooked up though - doesn't stop me riding, just fookin hurts when I do :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby rob_1961 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:08 pm

Ya should get rosie to do the hand relief jobs mate :mrgreen: :P
Now on a busa
rob_1961
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:15 pm

I don't need elbows to :hump) :mrgreen: I use my :knob) for that :D But ya don't realise how much ya need yer elbows to go down fer the hunney lol
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bezzer » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:01 pm

2004 Hondas
Right, managed to speak to my contact at Honda today and here is the latest news as I have it.

There will be NO changes to the V-Tec (not even colours) because it is selling at a rate, that doesn't require any changes.

The new CBR1200XX Super Blackbird (with V-Tec) will now not appear until 2005 (because apparently they want to perfect the V-Tec system before it is unleashed on the public)

There will also be a new Cheaper 600 Hornet, which will retail for £1,000 less than the current model, to compete with Suzuki's Bandit.

As for the New Blades colour scheme, I am the only one which it reminds of mid-eighties CBR1000 colour schemes?

Above taken from VFR Board "want to perfect the V-Tec System" kinnell the VFR Vtec boys are impressed :banghead)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn