NR750

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

NR750

Postby Ladybird » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:26 pm

Holiday time is coming very, very close for us, and I wanted to tell you a story....

Whilst in Europe last year my chain gave in...you know set off - I change it when I get back - but it don't work out that way.....gives up half way throught the tour. Nearest Honda dealer only happens to have an NR 750. So whilst my girlie is being fixed up with new chain and sprockets we had chance to drool over what has to be the most sought after Honda around....with very close links to the Bird.... check out this link....

http://www.motorrad-wagner.com/gallery_detail.php?nr=82&seite=1

Honda - years ahead of its time - OK so we may have to wait for a new bird by the looks of it, but hey maybe the wait will be worth it - come on...V5.

For those who are not familiar with this thoroughbred - 32 valve oval pistons v4 - underseat exhausts (as she drools again) and all this in 1987 - roll on 2004 - oh and by the way the bike pictured on this link is the very one we drooled over.

and by the way if anyone is in Europe and need first class help for their bike, then believe me this guy is pure Honda. First class service and if your cut him in half he'd have Honda written through him like a stick of rock.
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby Akira » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:20 pm

Bloody hell, that's something else! Amazing-looking bike, unbelievable that was made in the style-free 80's. What was the thinking behind the oval pistons, though?
Akira
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Trident » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:23 pm

The use of oval pistons allowed a greater valve area to be used compared with standard circular pistons. It supposedly made the nominal V4 engine behave more like a V8!!
Trident
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Captain » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:34 pm

Also, look at the mirror/indicators. The xx has more than you think in common with a genuine Japanese work of art 8)
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:25 pm

Honda at their best showing off :evil)
Cheap as well, not, £40k new :bigcry:
Still what a bike / work of art ! :notworthy)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

eeeeeeee

Postby Deano » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:20 am

£40 grand - and that was then - they only made a few (all hand built) and if you are lucky enough to find someone who has one for sale nowadays you wouldn't get much change out of £100,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Return to The Whippit Inn