What were you doing..

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

reeeeeet

Postby Ladybird » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:45 pm

And how I remember it - workin' with American software engineers when the news broke !!!!

A tradgedy for mankind :bigcry:
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby bezzer » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:12 pm

I was at work, had to take it in shifts between us to watch it all unfold on the TV at first, then all our phones stopped ringing, the public was glued to their tellys forgetting their own troubles and everything else.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:26 pm

I was at Earls Court at a trade show and then had to try and get back home by train as London ground to a halt :banghead)
XXAndy

Postby Captain » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:41 pm

Just left Newcastle after a 7 day visit when I was on HMS NEWCASTLE. Coming down the North sea trying to get over one too many Newky Browns, and watching CNN on the telly when somebody shouted that some blind git had flown an aircraft into the Towers. Little did we know what was about to unfold.................... :cry)
Last edited by Captain on Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby swamp donkey » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:56 pm

i was at work when the news came out over the local radio station :(
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:12 pm

I was at work when one of the techies phoned me and told me to switch on the TV in the conference room - I remember the chilling sensation as I watched the news :cry) The TV picture wasn't very good, but good enough to see what was happening - so :(
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Shuggie » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:13 pm

I was glued to a portable in my kitchen. Totally bewildered
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:35 pm

I was collecting my daughter from Primary school & heard it on the car radio - Got home & watched the news unfold on Sky news - Couldn't believe it ! :cry)

No one will ever forget DT !
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bov » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:59 pm

Looking at the 1st tower billowing smoke in the aftermath of the jet hit it was bad enough....then to see, on live tv, the 2nd jet INTENTIONALLY flying at, and colliding with, the other tower was mind-numbing. I sat in horror at work - my work-mates glued to the set with me - as we tried to understand what just happened. Then the total horror as the towers collapsed! Jesus. I don't think that moment will ever leave me. Absolutely horrific :(
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby rob_1961 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:06 pm

I was cleaning my cbr1000 when it came over radio then live on sky news :bigcry:
Now on a busa
rob_1961
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Demontat » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:35 am

I called my wife at her work to say good morning... she told me that a plane had crashed into the WTC. I turned the tv on and within minutes saw the second plane hit. Words cannot be found in my mind to describe the feelings of horror and fear ... than confusion and anger... than sadness straight into my soul.

I came home from work the other night at 2am... sat down at the tv with my beer and reheated dinner as usual. Some show recounting the attacks was on and within seconds I had tears streaming down my face.
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXFirefighter » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:05 am

well i was @ work and got up at 0645 popped on the PA System and sang happy birthday to myself and then I Was paged to go to the TV room.

Watched it then we got the call, I was put on standby to go to NYC...

birthdays were never the same again !

Had a ok one today !
I rode and reflected...
XXFirefighter
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby lals1002 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:21 am

I was working for a car hire company, collecting a vehicle from a garage, and questioning why they were showing a disaster movie so early in the afternoon and why everyone was gathered round the tv in the showroom. Then they told me it was real. Absolutely horrific.
lals1002
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby BirdAddict » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:40 am

I was doing on-site cover in an american bank (infact it's the exact location where I'm posted this week) JPMorgan Chase Bank.
One member from the London office lost his life there as he was on a buisness breakfast meeting. Also the DHL office was demolished though fortunately no members of staff where injured.

That is why we must expect the un-expected, live as each day is our last for we know not what tomorrow brings :bigcry:
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Grippy » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:22 pm

I had landed in the Falkland Islands the night before and had just reported to work at the start of a four month tour at RAF Mount Pleasant.

After the initial horror I remember thinking "Glad I'm down here for four months because there is going to be a war very soon"
Never break the speed limit - set your own and adjust upwards if necessary
Grippy
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Captain » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:22 pm

MPA - Now there's a place to end up if you upset the wrong people :(
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Gizzit » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:02 pm

I was taking some time off work at home when one of my colleagues phoned to tell me that a plane had hit one of the towers. I switched on the telly and sat open mouthed and horror struck as the second one hit. It has to be THE most terrible thing I have ever seen and I hope to most terrible I ever see.

I have been working in London this week in the heart of the city. I must say, the atmosphere was really weird yesterday. Everyone seemed really twitchy; the roads were quiet apart from buses, taxis and the odd police car. It was not a nice place to be.
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Whippit Inn